Succession Game?

The Error

Just posting this to get a feel for it... how many people would be up for a pass-along-the-save-file career mode game?

I'd say no mods (for simplicity), and after X amount real/ingame time whoever the current Director of the Space Program is passes the file to the next in line.

For those of you who've played Dwarf Fortress, think succession game with less bearded alcoholic.

Players:

1. Spartwo

2. Fendleton

3. robopilot99

4. QuesoExplosivo

Edited by The Error

Well, well well. This seems an interesting thing indeed.

Limiting turns to one ingame year would be excellent for causing mayhem, because like a DF game it forces the creation of unfinished projects. As a former overseer of Moltenchannels over on the Bay 12 forums, I'm rather fond of those. The trick is to make sure it won't cause too much for anyone to handle in too short a space of time. I would also suggest an IRL limit per turn, so you don't get too much happening between turns...maybe 2-7 days per turn, or one ingame year, whichever comes first?

In any case, I think I'll give this a go, so sign me up.

I'm currently converting the SCSS save to give this thread a kickstart. .21 took it's toll so I'm going to get everything into working order first.

Some stuff is unaffected.

GoVc2uP.png

6EdSSq6.png

Some things will manage without.

WLaVVKZ.png

Some just don't work and need replacement(that's mine)

5b4j5dI.png

I'll be done by wednesday by the latest. I recommend you keep it below 3 days I've taken part in 2 other threads like these and the reason they ended was because the wait was too long. If they don't have it by the deadline they have to give up what they've got.

I loaded up a Mun base.

ybObqhE.png

After some shifting around.

iHUrlce.png

Pre-.21 craft are uncontrollable bar a select few(by uncontrollable I mean brakes are always on and lights have to be manually toggled) But this should affect only rovers.

xknctJm.png

Cleaning up KSC.

J3EnXxH.png

I may be done by Tuesday. I'll start some new places for reasons(asteroid base)

EDIT:

Do as you will fendelton.

HriOHC6.png

TADA!!!

Edited by Spartwo

Sorry for the delay, lost track of this thread. I have downloaded the persistence file and will slot it into a save. I'm guessing that it's sandbox mode.

Edit: Starting on Year 1, Day 117. 49 flights in progress, and I've no idea what's going on. Not really doing the timeslot rules, are we? Ah well. I'll just go for exactly one year from this point.

Edit 2: Tried de-orbiting a spaceplane. Uncontrollable (crew survived, but the plane didn't). Tried activating a munbase. Nothing worked. This savegame isn't particularly reliable. Still, I've got an idea for what I can do with it. Fortunately the space stations themselves seem to mostly work. I'm going to lob a new Mun base up and land it on the surface.

Edited by Fendleton

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.