Paper Space Program 1.8 (KSP Rocket Parts papercraft)

arc5555

I would love to see StationScience and ScanSAT parts. Amazing work. Bought some card stock today and love the idea about a circle cutter and foam board for strength.

I will continue releasing parts in summer after a bunch of serious exams , so be patient :) Good luck with papercrafting :D

• 3 weeks later...

First of all I want to say: fantastic work! Thanks a lot for sharing these with the community.

Now, I've started building one of the basic rockets showcased in the OP, and I'm confused about how to assemble the Mk-1 command pod. There's this piece that I just can't figure out. It feels like the interior of the capsule but no matter how I try, I can't make it fit.

ggAd03dm.jpg

Anyone can help me here?

First of all I want to say: fantastic work! Thanks a lot for sharing these with the community.

Now, I've started building one of the basic rockets showcased in the OP, and I'm confused about how to assemble the Mk-1 command pod. There's this piece that I just can't figure out. It feels like the interior of the capsule but no matter how I try, I can't make it fit.

http://i.imgur.com/ggAd03dm.jpg

Anyone can help me here?

Yes , it is the interior , just cut it a bit so it fits :)

Yes , it is the interior , just cut it a bit so it fits :)

I just cut it to shape. Proceeding to gluing the capsule now. Thanks a lot for the clarification!

This first simple design is just for practice, before I try to build one of my ingame designs. But that LV-T30 does look complicated though :S.

I just cut it to shape. Proceeding to gluing the capsule now. Thanks a lot for the clarification!

This first simple design is just for practice, before I try to build one of my ingame designs. But that LV-T30 does look complicated though :S.

I hope you can craft it :)

hey arc, I have a small request here. DO you think you could make a version of the Mk1-2 Command Pod that is just a basic cone, without all of the fine details? That would make it a lot easier to assemble.

I've tried to do it easier a bunch of times , but never succeeded :( But if someone could make a low poly 3d model of the pod , i'd certainly unfold it :)

I-- I still don't get it.

I don't know if this is how it's supposed to work, but I cut the "interior" to match the conic curvature of the pod, and glued it on the inside opposite the door (on the inside of the capsule, of course). Hope this diagram helps:

DwmBhSkm.jpg

The end result is that it gives a dark background to the kerbal inside, instead of the white of the paper:

nCYqQ5tm.jpg

(Don't mind my lousy papercraft skills, it's my first time!)

Edit: while I'm at it, I also glued the controls "in front" of the kerbal, like this:

LY7wfT6m.jpg

Edited by Meithan

It's finished! The rocket is not very original because I just wanted to do a simple rocket for practice. Keep in mind this is my first papercraft model, so don't be too hard :wink:. I also glued the decoupler upside down at the last minute >_<. Next project will be my Mun service module / lander combo.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It's finished! The rocket is not very original because I just wanted to do a simple rocket for practice. Keep in mind this is my first papercraft model, so don't be too hard :wink:. I also glued the decoupler upside down at the last minute >_<. Next project will be my Mun service module / lander combo.

http://imgur.com/a/UQm3J

Looks sweet :D

http://imgur.com/a/UQm3J

Woah, thats a job well done on that LV-T30. You said this was your first model? Impressive.

Btw Arc, I'm thinking of making something during the next week's holidays. Any ideas?

Woah, thats a job well done on that LV-T30. You said this was your first model? Impressive.

Btw Arc, I'm thinking of making something during the next week's holidays. Any ideas?

I would love to see a little Mk3 shuttle :D

Thanks a lot! I loved doing the little details on the LV-T30, it took me a whole sunday afternoon (that exhaust tube was hard to roll!). While the result is not bad, it still has room for improvement. I just need better tools (such as some kind of device to hold small pieces while I work on them with both hands) and to hone my skills.

I would love to see a little Mk3 shuttle :D

Are you gonna try it, MoffKalast? I've never built a Mk3 shuttle in the game, so I have no reference model.

I'm thinking something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/YoKM4Yo.png

Not sure about the main engines and the nose cone yet. Perhaps I could construct the Atlas (aka Skipper) engines without the gray base (only the nozzle and the orange part), which should look good enough.

Oh my god , it looks huge :confused: Hope you'll manage to make it :)

Great idea about the engines ; i think you should add some flaps at the back , like Scott Manley did : 956pfxf580utv76zg.jpg

Edited by arc5555

Yeah I'm not exactly sure how i'm going to make them yet. Probably throw them all together before and assamble it as two parts so it has more structural integrity. :P

I see you've unfolded the cargo bay in a way that we can actually make it openable which is awesome, but I need to think of a good system for keeping it closed, like some sort of hook.

Great idea about the engines ; i think you should add some flaps at the back , like Scott Manley did : http://www./convkey/ab32/956pfxf580utv76zg.jpg

Hey those flaps are a good idea! Gonna take a lot of time to make them though...

Edited by MoffKalast

Wings (imma cut away some of the edges when putting both parts together so that some of the delta wing slides in the first part):

jfGyYDY.png

Just wondering, did I miss any of the skipper parts? I deleted what seemed to belong to the base and this is what's left:

Zig2XQF.png

Awesome! Now the only thing I need is a new printer cartridge :D Should get around to it in a few days.

EDIT: Actually realised that I have a spare one XD AND THIS THING IS HUUUUUGEEEEE!

pEwDwAc.jpg

Apparently the new wings are a lot larger than the old ones. I always assumed that the old delta wing was the same size as the new one but apparently the new one is like huge or smth:

WaRiHr0.jpg

(I actually went to check the sizes in game and apprently squad did enlarge the wings O.o)

I'm pretty sure I got the general scale right:

RGnNfDy.jpg

Edited by MoffKalast

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.