Engineer seeking employment.

Trekimann

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope this diverse community can help.

As you can guess from the title I am currently unemployed. I have spent the last year looking for work to no avail so thought it's time to think outside the box!:)

I have a BEng in Aerospace engineering with astronautics and space technology from Kingston University London. After that I spent a year looking for work. I sent out hudreds of applications, got one interview but no job.

So back to school for me! I went back to University to get my masters. Which I recieved in Space Technology and Planetary exploration from Surrey University Guildford. So off searching I go again. This time I got a job in retail as I needed the money to stay with my fiance. That was a year ago...

I send off applications on a nearly daily baisis and get rejections just as often. If any of you are in an engineering firm and know of a position or know someone who knows someone any help would be greatly appreciated. My main interests are in the mission design side, phase 0 studies would be awesome, but pretty much any engineering foothold in a space company would be wecome. I am more than happy to relocate should the right job (meaning any job) come along. If you can help dont heistate to contact me.

Thank you again for reading.

Nicholas Mann

LinkedIn Account: uk.linkedin.com/in/nicholascharlesmann/

A lot of jobs aren't advertised. If you're straight out of school you probably need to do some networking and meet people. Are you a member of one of the professional bodies? Get out to some of their events and make some contacts.

Non-advertised jobs is why I posted here :-p I know that a lot of companies offer incentives to current employees to find people to fill new positions so it would be win win. I'm a member of the IET and RAS. Trouble is that at the moment any events are not near me and the cost to get to them in both time and money is prohibitive on minimum wage.

Getting an employer looking at this directly is a long shot but I have to assume that someone on this forum knows of a job going somewhere in the world:D I'm looking for an employee who might now of something on the inside.

Getting an employer looking at this directly is a long shot but I have to assume that someone on this forum knows of a job going somewhere in the world:D I'm looking for an employee who might now of something on the inside.

That's actually not unreasonable. People tend to keep tabs on what jobs are going inside their organisations.

Are you specifically looking at aerospace or will you consider other branches of engineering? There's stupid amounts of work in civils and rail at the moment. People like MBDA and BAE Systems are pretty much perpetually hiring if you don't have any ethical problems with working for a defence contractor.

Aero Astro ideally but not against looking in other sectors. Have recently expanded my searches to renewable energy sector. No problem working for a defence company.

Had a good look at the SpaceX site. Most of it is restrictive because of ITAR ;.;

Edited by Trekimann

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.