[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Hey BahamutoD, any chance you will update BurnTogether? I miss this mod.

And can we suggest some new weapons? I would like a bomb, which only has a shockwave, without explosion damage. Just pushing everything away. Maybe add a nice expanding sphere effect or something like that for the visuals and a cool sound. You already did a fantastic job wtih the seismic charge, so I think it is possible for you, if you have time.

And the laser weapon damaging/destroying buildings, any update on this front?

What i'd like to see is a Cruise missile, Rocket pod turret, HUGE battleship turret, And modded armor plating that is much stronger.

Please release VSP #3!!! :) I love your videos

I have one request really two....

I would like to see more options in the landing gear mod. Like larger gear options.

And second, I would love to see a second internal gun option.

Yes, it will be very easy to add lasers and make more weapons.

I'll probably make guided missiles after making a couple more weapons (an energy based weapon and a minigun).

Can you make a targeting system (for the missiles) that follows the mouse aiming, like the turrets? It's kinda hard setting up a dummy just to blow up a building...

Ohhh! Idea!

To expand on Tetryds idea, name his idea the Attack Radar, and add a diffrent type radar, called detection radar. W/o the DR, max guard range is 2K on craft w/o a AR or with its AR shut down.

Against targets with a AR, the guard range increases, adding DR does so too (attack radar signatures are easy to detect) . However, both defenders and attackers can use ECM (Electronic Couter-Measures) modules to 'jam' radars, neutralising the effect of their enemies. The effects stack: more radars need more ECM power. Using ECM with a shut down or no AR against a target w/o a DR will 'cloak' you, rendering you untargetable by guard unless at very close range. ECM could even try to redirect radar guided missiles, like flares do.

Extra challenge for you BahamutoD: Allow DR effects to spread to other friendlies. That way, you can have a central radar array, instead of placing a expenside DR on each ADS unit.

Edited by Anister

Ohhh! Idea!

To expand on Tetryds idea, name his idea the Attack Radar, and add a diffrent type radar, called detection radar. W/o the DR, max guard range is 2K on craft w/o a AR or with its AR shut down.

Against targets with a AR, the guard range increases, adding DR does so too (attack radar signatures are easy to detect) . However, both defenders and attackers can use ECM (Electronic Couter-Measures) modules to 'jam' radars, neutralising the effect of their enemies. The effects stack: more radars need more ECM power. Using ECM with a shut down or no AR against a target w/o a DR will 'cloak' you, rendering you untargetable by guard unless at very close range. ECM could even try to redirect radar guided missiles, like flares do.

Extra challenge for you BahamutoD: Allow DR effects to spread to other friendlies. That way, you can have a central radar array, instead of placing a expenside DR on each ADS unit.

Hmm, while I like your idea, I feel it's a bit too much.

What could be interesting instead, is that nearby allies can automatically "communicate" and are able to pick up targets spotted by friendly radars, not much more than that.

I believe that for the first iteration the simplified system I suggested before could work, if the system ends up working well and is interesting, it's even possible to use the plane's radar cross section (or just size, really) to make them more or less visible to radars.

Interesting radar ideas. I think I will reserve development on that extra stuff (communication, varying radar effectiveness, etc) until we get to the point where there's some kind of campaign or mission set.

Which brings me to another idea - people could make missions by sharing save files with enemy stations already set up with guards and what not. The enemy crafts should be only stock+BDArmory so that they're compatible with everyone.

A player can download the save file, which should come with some sort of mission description, and you have to build your own crafts to try to complete the mission.

Last night I stayed up late to write some cruise missile guidance. These should be ready soon:

ME3ihCz.png

I know the agm-86 folding fins aren't exactly like the real thing.. its okay.

Edited by BahamutoD

Which brings me to another idea - people could make missions by sharing save files with enemy stations already set up with guards and what not. The enemy crafts should be only stock+BDArmory so that they're compatible with everyone.

A player can download the save file, which should come with some sort of mission description, and you have to build your own crafts to try to complete the mission.

I will set up mission environments that will be played as scenarios.

Then I can either share it myself or you add it to the mod, up to you.

May have a pack of at least a pair of missions by the next weekend.

I can already say that one will be assaulting a ground base and another one will be to destroy tanks (not as simple as it sounds).

Thanks for the awesome idea.

And wow, those cruise missiles are epic.

Cool, looking forward to it, tetryds.

Here's some test footage. The sound is kinda bad.. Unity's doppler effect sounds weird when the camera is following the audio source.

Awesome!

One minor question, will those work in FAR?

And the next question how to get those cruise missiles to fit inside this attack crafts bay...

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Hodo

Interesting radar ideas. I think I will reserve development on that extra stuff (communication, varying radar effectiveness, etc) until we get to the point where there's some kind of campaign or mission set.

Last night I stayed up late to write some cruise missile guidance. These should be ready soon:

http://i.imgur.com/ME3ihCz.png

I know the agm-86 folding fins aren't exactly like the real thing.. its okay.

Now all we need is a space capable version (unless the one on the far left is that one) and we're golden.

Awesome!

One minor question, will those work in FAR?

And the next question how to get those cruise missiles to fit inside this attack crafts bay...

http://imgur.com/a/lDXus

I haven't tested yet, but there's no reason they shouldn't. The only possible difference would be the thrust to drag ratio - they might be faster with FAR.

I fixed the fins of the AGM-86 to be more like the real one, so it should be compact enough to fit in that plane.

Now all we need is a space capable version (unless the one on the far left is that one) and we're golden.

Those are both atmospheric but I was planning to make a larger space missile with more dV than the HEKV-1.

Edited by BahamutoD

I haven't tested yet, but there's no reason they shouldn't. The only possible difference would be the thrust to drag ratio - they might be faster with FAR.

I fixed the fins of the AGM-86 to be more like the real one, so it should be compact enough to fit in that plane.

Oh my... that was lovely...

Update v0.7.3

- Cruise missile guidance (still needs work)

- AGM-86B Cruise Missile

- RBS-15 Cruise Missile

- Optional separate particle and sound effects for boost phase of missile

- Removed seismic charge assets (to be released separately)

Notes:

The cruise missile guidance still oscillates a bit when it's trying to hold an altitude sometimes, but I'll work on it more later.

A few comments:

I've tried numerous times to use the HEKV space missile to clear debris, and it doesn't work. I mean, it fires and hits the target (usually a piece of fairing or a stack separator ring, but sometimes I like to take out an entire ship I'm not using anymore. AFTER safely shuttling the crew off, of course!), but it doesn't actually DESTROY ANYTHING. It blows ships apart, but then all of the individual parts are floating around in a debris cloud, which is the exact opposite of what I'm trying to accomplish, which is REMOVING debris. As for fairings and other single parts, it just knocks them around the sky without damaging them at all. I've fired a good half dozen missiles at ONE fairing piece, and each time it hits, but doesn't damage it at all. If I shoot the debris with one of the gatling guns, it goes POOF almost instantly, as one would expect. The ABL works too, but it's surprisingly slow to destroy smaller items, and the targeting system doesn't seem to like it if I have more than one ABL aimed at the same target.

I just thought I'd mention this issue in case anyone else was having the same problem, and had figured out how to fix it, or if this is just the way this mod works.

Later. :)

A few comments:

I've tried numerous times to use the HEKV space missile to clear debris, and it doesn't work. I mean, it fires and hits the target (usually a piece of fairing or a stack separator ring, but sometimes I like to take out an entire ship I'm not using anymore. AFTER safely shuttling the crew off, of course!), but it doesn't actually DESTROY ANYTHING. It blows ships apart, but then all of the individual parts are floating around in a debris cloud, which is the exact opposite of what I'm trying to accomplish, which is REMOVING debris. As for fairings and other single parts, it just knocks them around the sky without damaging them at all. I've fired a good half dozen missiles at ONE fairing piece, and each time it hits, but doesn't damage it at all. If I shoot the debris with one of the gatling guns, it goes POOF almost instantly, as one would expect. The ABL works too, but it's surprisingly slow to destroy smaller items, and the targeting system doesn't seem to like it if I have more than one ABL aimed at the same target.

I just thought I'd mention this issue in case anyone else was having the same problem, and had figured out how to fix it, or if this is just the way this mod works.

Here's how i get around this:

Download and install this awesome little mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98080-Part-0-90-KerTex-Explosives-%28K-Tex%29-v1-2

Use this MM cfg MMBDArmouryKerTexEnhanced.cfg

Problem Solved! :)

An additional explosive effect will now instantly detonate parts within the set distance when the missiles/bombs strike a target.

MqS2NCW.jpg

A few comments:

If you just want to clear debris and don't mind over powered weapons, try turning on 'Instakill' in the settings menu.

edit: Correction.. instakill only affects bullets, not explosives. I'll fix it. For now you can just turn up the damage multiplier in the settings config file.

Hm... the guidance for C-missiles doesnt work at all, loving the idea and models tho :D

Can you elaborate?

I should mention that the target still needs to be within physics range...

Edited by BahamutoD

Those cruse missiles... Would be AWESOME single-part small drones- for kerbal scouting and recovery by explorers.

I want to be able to steer it around.

I am not sure if that is a good idea.

You can already build cruise missiles, you just need an explosive warhead, which may come at some point.