[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Why is it that almost all of the best mods for this game are the ones that are completely and entirely useless?

...and how is this useless exactly?

Thanks for this great mod, BahamutoD. It's so cool that the AI is using guns in dogfight now. :) It seems to me, however, that the "Armed/disarmed" button is bugged. It's enough to change the allegiance of one of the NPCs to other team for all to start fighting, even if they are all set to "disarmed". I also think it would be helpful to have sth like global "Arm/disarm" button. We could then set the stage for the fight and give the order to start fighting to all crafts at once.

Armed and Disarmed options are only used by the player. What it does is basically allowing you to use the LMB to fire weapons.

AI Guards don't need to have their weapon manager Armed to fire weapons.

Tats not the question my question is when I do have guard mode on how come it never uses the missiles or the bombs but just gun?

That wasn't a reply to your question.

This one is: Maybe the guard has decided the missiles are not adequate for the job.

Did you install air-to-ground missiles? That might be an answer.

Armed and Disarmed options are only used by the player. What it does is basically allowing you to use the LMB to fire weapons.

AI Guards don't need to have their weapon manager Armed to fire weapons.

I see. Is there an option for what I thought it does? To tell a group of units: "fire at will boys" after setting up the battlefield? I want to make a battle of several units and it's kinda impractical to begin the fight by manually switching one unit at the time to engage others.

yeah, I had a suspicion he meant ICBMs or something. But agreed, they shouldn't be more accurate anyways.

In fact I'd guess theyed be Waayyy less accurate since mech Jeb is designed for not colliding with things and acting like a missile whereas the missile AI is programmed for missiles and missiles alone

I see. Is there an option for what I thought it does? To tell a group of units: "fire at will boys" after setting up the battlefield? I want to make a battle of several units and it's kinda impractical to begin the fight by manually switching one unit at the time to engage others.

No, I was going to do that (peace time option that you can switch off after setting things up) but I forgot. I'll put it back on the todo list.

I meant better than the new missile guidance that you can put on rockets

It won't be more accurate to use mech Jeb for missiles in any situation except for coming in from orbit where landing autopilot with a landing speed set to several hundred m/s is very effective

Edited by LORDPrometheus

Hello!

I've been trying to make a T-34-76 turret to get a hang of making turrets for your mod. But no matter what i try i cannot for the life of me get it to work.

The specific problem is that when i put my turret onto a craft and launch it and using the right click menu i try clicking "Toggle Turret" and it does nothing. I really don't know what's wrong. I've check the debug log and when i launch my craft with the turret there is exactly one "[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I don't know what's causing this. The most helpful debug message in my opinionØŸ

So here are the parents and children in Unity.

Fw4GVIF.jpg

The Config File:

PART
{
// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config
//
//

// --- general parameters ---
name = aweful
module = Part
author = Crayzee

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---
node_attach = 0.0, 0, 0, -1, 1, 0

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = precisionEngineering
entryCost = 2100
cost = 3500
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = T-34-76
manufacturer = Koseph and Ko.
description = A 76mm cannon on an armored turret. Don't expect this to work.
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 0,1,0,0,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 2
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 125
maxTemp = 3600

stagingIcon = SOLID_BOOSTER

MODULE
{
name = BahaTurret
weaponType = cannon
rotationSpeed = 0.5

fireSoundPath = BDArmory/Parts/m1Abrams/sounds/shot
overheatSoundPath = BDArmory/Parts/50CalTurret/sounds/turretOverheat
hasFireAnimation = true
fireAnimName = fireAnim
spinDownAnimation = false

yawTransformName = aimRotate
pitchTransformName = aimPitch

roundsPerMinute = 10
accuracy = 25
bulletMass = 8.35e-3
bulletVelocity = 1650
ammoName = CannonShells
requestResourceAmount = 1
maxTargetingRange = 5000
bulletDrop = true
projectileColor = 255, 247, 0, 255

cannonShellPower = 8
cannonShellRadius = 30

minPitch = -4
maxPitch = 27
yawRange = -1
onlyFireInRange = false

maxHeat = 3600
heatPerShot = 60
heatLoss = 740

tracerStartWidth = 0.8
tracerEndWidth = 0.01

maxEffectiveDistance = 5000

}

RESOURCE
{
name = CannonShells
amount = 10
maxAmount = 10

}

This is CRAZY, Where did you learn this all? My mind cannot wrap around what i have to do. I saw your video on that mech platformer video game your making, and really i cannot even code physics on even the most primitive of programming languages (Good luck on it too!). What tutorial did you read to be able to make plugins for KSP? I am a horrible 3D artist and i have some ideas like a better TTSeatFixer mod and an addon plugin to BDarmory with shell penetration and fuze delays that require plugin work.

I'm sorry if this seems a bit "quick" i was quite irritated when i wrote this.

Hello!

I've been trying to make a T-34-76 turret to get a hang of making turrets for your mod. But no matter what i try i cannot for the life of me get it to work.

The specific problem is that when i put my turret onto a craft and launch it and using the right click menu i try clicking "Toggle Turret" and it does nothing. I really don't know what's wrong. I've check the debug log and when i launch my craft with the turret there is exactly one "[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I don't know what's causing this. The most helpful debug message in my opinionØŸ

So here are the parents and children in Unity.

http://i.imgur.com/Fw4GVIF.jpg

The Config File:

PART
{
// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config
//
//

// --- general parameters ---
name = aweful
module = Part
author = Crayzee

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---
node_attach = 0.0, 0, 0, -1, 1, 0

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = precisionEngineering
entryCost = 2100
cost = 3500
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = T-34-76
manufacturer = Koseph and Ko.
description = A 76mm cannon on an armored turret. Don't expect this to work.
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 0,1,0,0,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 2
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 125
maxTemp = 3600

stagingIcon = SOLID_BOOSTER

MODULE
{
name = BahaTurret
weaponType = cannon
rotationSpeed = 0.5

fireSoundPath = BDArmory/Parts/m1Abrams/sounds/shot
overheatSoundPath = BDArmory/Parts/50CalTurret/sounds/turretOverheat
hasFireAnimation = true
fireAnimName = fireAnim
spinDownAnimation = false

yawTransformName = aimRotate
pitchTransformName = aimPitch

roundsPerMinute = 10
accuracy = 25
bulletMass = 8.35e-3
bulletVelocity = 1650
ammoName = CannonShells
requestResourceAmount = 1
maxTargetingRange = 5000
bulletDrop = true
projectileColor = 255, 247, 0, 255

cannonShellPower = 8
cannonShellRadius = 30

minPitch = -4
maxPitch = 27
yawRange = -1
onlyFireInRange = false

maxHeat = 3600
heatPerShot = 60
heatLoss = 740

tracerStartWidth = 0.8
tracerEndWidth = 0.01

maxEffectiveDistance = 5000

}

RESOURCE
{
name = CannonShells
amount = 10
maxAmount = 10

}

This is CRAZY, Where did you learn this all? My mind cannot wrap around what i have to do. I saw your video on that mech platformer video game your making, and really i cannot even code physics on even the most primitive of programming languages (Good luck on it too!). What tutorial did you read to be able to make plugins for KSP? I am a horrible 3D artist and i have some ideas like a better TTSeatFixer mod and an addon plugin to BDarmory with shell penetration and fuze delays that require plugin work.

I'm sorry if this seems a bit "quick" i was quite irritated when i wrote this.

Do you have an animation called "deploy" on the turret? Take a look at where the deploy anim is in the example and put your deploy animation in the corresponding object.

CrayzeeMonkey, do you have a fire animation? If not, make one, or set "hasFireAnimation" to false.

PrototypeTheta, that's not a solution to anything because muzzleTransform is required if you want to have muzzle flash/smoke. You should try to find out the real reason behind why muzzleTransform is causing you problems.

Edited by BahamutoD

Hey BD, I have a suggestion for the Missiles guidance pod.

Could you tweak the space missile guidance and add it to it as a toggle? So we can make space missiles and have them be guided? It could use Monoprop for maneuvering and such, and/or engine thrust for forwards momentum.

hey i downloaded this mod the other day and love it however i am running into a slight problem the missiles dont hit the target after selecting it they fire at it but miss by several 100 meters.... is this just my bad aiming or is it a problem? also i am missing the cross hair for the machine guns and ammo boxes please help me fix this