[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

BD Armory replaced this, and thank god. The only option when that was killed is Skillful, which has no automatic weapons whatsoever, and it sucks!

This mod does everything that did and better.

Just use 20 mm Vulcans. You can limit the turn and stuff with tweakables if you really want an immobile gun.

Skillful is very different, and I'll admit for a beginner it's a bit more tedious to set up and use than BD. But I had to call you on no automatic weapons. I had guardian defense before BD was even released. Lately I've added automatic weapons that fire from your own vehicle. BD does more than a few things in a much prettier and somewhat friendlier way than skillful. Saying it does everything that Skillful does and better is simply not the case, Skillful is a combat DAMAGE mod. It handles collision damage, heat damage, part failure, spreading fires within a vessel, ground fires, sinking, smoke and explosions, water splashes, per vertex deformation from weapon hits and collisions, heat projection damage, shrapnel, torpedoes, rearming of hardpoints and repair of all damage using eva kerbals.

BD is a great piece of work, and it's 200% prettier than Skillful, and trust me if it did do everything Skillful does and better I'd discontinue the mod and let BD do all the work :)

Cheers.

Shadowplay is a viable thing apparently. But really, Marscom has an integrated CPU GPU and I had an Intel HD 3000... really really bad hardware I know, but hey, it worked... -ish.

As for now, I have the good old GTX 760. Except it's new. Brand new. And with the newest model... yeah. XD

It's actually turned out to be EnterElysium's rig pretty much, except 8 gigs RAM and not 16... which KSP can't use anyway.

Yes it is really good, performance impact is almost unexistent, I cannot tell if it's recording or not on KSP if I don't look at the marker.

Desktop GPUs can record the desktop, so it's posible for you to record the game using it.

Anyway, I fixed my overheating issues, and can record now, anyone up to some dogfighting?

Ah yes I forgot to mention, Never, NEVER, NEVER EVER have 2 players actually load each other and do battle. That does not work... the best defense in the world is to simply have a player sitting in the base in question. Makes it practically immortal. It will respawn if hit, parts that are shot off are not registered as such, the base will twitch, jump, teleport and do weird stuff in the most horrible ways, a true possession by the Kraken. For the attacking player of course, the base is in reality untouched. Making the entire attack wasted. And don't even try missiles, the base targeted will simply disappear. And MAYBE reappear after your missile has lost all lock, is destroyed, out of range or something like that. Heck, it will disappear without missiles too! And when it reappears, it's a new copy that you do not have targeted, possibly in an entirely new location!

Attacking unmanned bases with guard mode/lag defenses are better, a little bit like single player honestly. Only somebody else actually built and set it all up. Which is cool. Like the old switching saves, but it isn't necessarily turn-based, a bit easier, can be more spontaneous, like scenarios and stuff will pop up as you go. So it works if you do it like that.

Yes, guard mode, that makes sense.

I totally see that working.

And what happens when there is someone on the base is the same as what happens when someone is piloting another plane, it's just that threre is some ground movement weirdness, which does not happen in flight.

But to me what consistently happens (with planes) is what you see on the video, I see the enemy being destroyed, there is a lagspike and he respawn.

Unless I actually kill the enemy by passing where he will see you (passing in front of your friend), like I did on the very end of it.

Also, maybe atacking bases actually destroy them even if there is a player there, at some point missiles became probes, thus they are sent through the server to the other player.

I really do wonder, can DMP not have it so plugins have to be installed to the server, which then will calculate some of the things? I know it would be a lot of work, but it shold be worth it if military servers would become a thing. Here is how it could work:

Say i'm in a dogfight, and I have 2 missiles and 1 20mm vulcan.

I want to shoot with the vulcan. I use weapon manager to switch to it, and press left click. it sends my input (left click) and the current weapon manager state, which includes selected weapon (20mm vulcan), the position and amount of places relative to the root of my craft that I will fire from if I use a gun (2 places, the position is where the 2 shots would spawn at), where the guns are pointed (for example 2 degrees up and 6 degrees to the left of the default orientation for one of the guns, and then for the second one it's appropriate values), and the shot stats (bullet velocity, explosion range, damage, etc.). It then calculates if the shots will hit anything and the effects of them if they do. Then it sends the information and the time of it happening to all the players on the server and updates their clients (so if you are behind in time relative to the 2 players dogfighting, then you will see it at the appropriate timing).

For the missiles, it would send the missile data instead of shot data, and the amount of missiles left on the ship. it would then of course calculate it's guided path and effect of a hit, and send the data to all players like before.

of course, a lot more info would be sent, but that is the more obvious things. I know it would cause more lag, but it already processes a lot of things, so adding a few mroe wouldn't double the ping or anything. Any thoughts on this? If it's impossible, please let me know. Or if it already works similarly to this.

Ok, slight panic. I was playing KSP earlier with BDArmoury installed. Everything was working fine, as intended. I then had to go attend an Arma 3 event with my realism unit, so I took a break from KSP. When I came back later (having made no changes to the files, downloaded any updates or any new mods), I discovered that all of the BDArmoury parts were present except for the bombs! The Mark82, Mark82 Snakeye and Cluster bombs (as well as any other bombs which may have existed) have completely disappeared.

And it's not just me being blind. Upon loading a craft which had a full hold of 96 500lb bombs, I am told that 'bahaMk82Bomb' doesn't exist. The loading screen briefly flashes up 'BDArmory/Parts/mk82Bomb' or something along those lines, and when I go into the game files, I can see that the Part folder 'mk82Bomb' does indeed exist, and contains model.mu, part.cfg and texture.png. Other parts such as the missiles, turrets and ammo boxes show up fine, as well as parts from other mods.

Just to reiterate: I have made no modifications since earlier. Everything is exactly the same (or so I thought). I can think of no logical explanation that would cause this, nor can I think of anything that has changed.

Okay, may I please make a few requests concerning the next version of BDArmory?

Okay, first of all, concerning the M1A1 Turret. Could you make it so that we can put stuff ON the turret? It's big, it's flat, and it would look really cool with a Chain Gun sitting on top of it. And could we also have a Coaxial Gun on there as well? (In case you don't know what it is, a Coaxial Gun is a machine gun mounted alongside the main gun of a tank and moves along the same axis. It's the tube to the left of the main gun in this picture.

I also want a both a radial-mount and turret-mounted 40mm Bofors Cannon if you could do that.

Also, can we have some mortars? And a Rocket Artillery System?

Please?

What hardware do you have? Both modern AMD and Nvidia cards can use Raptr software, allowing for almost performance impact free recording. For Nvidia there is Shadowplay too.

Got an Intel CPU and graphics setup on this machine, I have AMD processor and Nividia graphics on my better PC, so might look into it. Thanks.

Ah yes I forgot to mention, Never, NEVER, NEVER EVER have 2 players actually load each other and do battle. That does not work... the best defense in the world is to simply have a player sitting in the base in question. Makes it practically immortal. It will respawn if hit, parts that are shot off are not registered as such, the base will twitch, jump, teleport and do weird stuff in the most horrible ways, a true possession by the Kraken. For the attacking player of course, the base is in reality untouched. Making the entire attack wasted. And don't even try missiles, the base targeted will simply disappear. And MAYBE reappear after your missile has lost all lock, is destroyed, out of range or something like that. Heck, it will disappear without missiles too! And when it reappears, it's a new copy that you do not have targeted, possibly in an entirely new location!

Attacking unmanned bases with guard mode/lag defenses are better, a little bit like single player honestly. Only somebody else actually built and set it all up. Which is cool. Like the old switching saves, but it isn't necessarily turn-based, a bit easier, can be more spontaneous, like scenarios and stuff will pop up as you go. So it works if you do it like that.

Again, I believe most of this is OS-based or PC specific, as I have very few of these problems! I have had plenty of interesting battles where the other player gets anihilated, namely space battles. :D

It seems you are the one who gets all the bugs and such, mine actually allows me to destroy your stuff, and the only issues that do occur arise when vessels are within a few hundred meters. The only other issue I have really had is if another player switches to a controlled vessel, it goes crazy sometimes... :huh:

So just be aware that the issues are not as atrocious to everyone, and some players can have some decent combat! Also another issue is probably mod overuse, as Aerolfos' favorite phrase is "MOAR MODS!" :D

In conclusion, multiplayer works extremely well for what it does and the state of the game, direct PvP can be an issue for some PCs/connections, and overall guard mode is the least buggy combat method.

Okay, first of all, concerning the M1A1 Turret. Could you make it so that we can put stuff ON the turret? It's big, it's flat, and it would look really cool with a Chain Gun sitting on top of it. And could we also have a Coaxial Gun on there as well? (In case you don't know what it is, a Coaxial Gun is a machine gun mounted alongside the main gun of a tank and moves along the same axis. It's the tube to the left of the main gun in this picture.

This was mentioned by many users a number of posts back, and I discussed this in further detail with BahamutoD.

While it's easy (from a part modelling perspective) to allow surface attachment of additional parts on the M1A1 Turret, the problem (as I pointed out to Baha) is that when the turret is traversed, surface attached-items won't move in conjunction. This is because of the way KSP treats parts on a vessel; parts are given absolute positions relative to the root part in a "tree" structure, and so parts at the "leaves" will not update their positions in real time when intermediate "branch" or "twig" parts are moved.

The Infernal Robotics add-on gets around this limitation by having a subroutine that automatically "rebuilds" the vessel each time its robotic actuators are moved. I've spoken to Baha about adopting the IR vessel rebuild code to allow surface-attaching turrets to other turrets to work properly, but bear in mind that your request isn't going to be easy.

So this may or may not be a bug

Has any one else noticed that if a fire a missile at a target and it has guns and guard mode on it will automatically start attacking the middle instead of the craft you control even if it isn't set to target missiles

Skillful is very different, and I'll admit for a beginner it's a bit more tedious to set up and use than BD. But I had to call you on no automatic weapons. I had guardian defense before BD was even released. Lately I've added automatic weapons that fire from your own vehicle. BD does more than a few things in a much prettier and somewhat friendlier way than skillful. Saying it does everything that Skillful does and better is simply not the case, Skillful is a combat DAMAGE mod. It handles collision damage, heat damage, part failure, spreading fires within a vessel, ground fires, sinking, smoke and explosions, water splashes, per vertex deformation from weapon hits and collisions, heat projection damage, shrapnel, torpedoes, rearming of hardpoints and repair of all damage using eva kerbals.

BD is a great piece of work, and it's 200% prettier than Skillful, and trust me if it did do everything Skillful does and better I'd discontinue the mod and let BD do all the work :)

Cheers.

When I said "IT sucks" I meant that having no automatic weapons sucked. Sorry if I offended you! Really did not mean to.

Yeah I assumed they got added later, but I have not seen them.

I remember the Guardian, but for me it always fired more of a burst fire. Not a true vulcan style automatic gun... need(ed) BD Armory for that.

Yep it does have an absolutely amazing idea behind it. My experience has sadly been filled with bugs... Bd Armory just seems to be a bit smoother for my kind of combat. I have not tried the cutting edge latest version though. Good to see you are still active at least.

- - - Updated - - -

I really do wonder, can DMP not have it so plugins have to be installed to the server, which then will calculate some of the things? I know it would be a lot of work, but it shold be worth it if military servers would become a thing. Here is how it could work:

Say i'm in a dogfight, and I have 2 missiles and 1 20mm vulcan.

I want to shoot with the vulcan. I use weapon manager to switch to it, and press left click. it sends my input (left click) and the current weapon manager state, which includes selected weapon (20mm vulcan), the position and amount of places relative to the root of my craft that I will fire from if I use a gun (2 places, the position is where the 2 shots would spawn at), where the guns are pointed (for example 2 degrees up and 6 degrees to the left of the default orientation for one of the guns, and then for the second one it's appropriate values), and the shot stats (bullet velocity, explosion range, damage, etc.). It then calculates if the shots will hit anything and the effects of them if they do. Then it sends the information and the time of it happening to all the players on the server and updates their clients (so if you are behind in time relative to the 2 players dogfighting, then you will see it at the appropriate timing).

For the missiles, it would send the missile data instead of shot data, and the amount of missiles left on the ship. it would then of course calculate it's guided path and effect of a hit, and send the data to all players like before.

of course, a lot more info would be sent, but that is the more obvious things. I know it would cause more lag, but it already processes a lot of things, so adding a few mroe wouldn't double the ping or anything. Any thoughts on this? If it's impossible, please let me know. Or if it already works similarly to this.

I imagine thsi would need a collaborative effort from both Bahamuto and whatshisname (Dev of DMP). Bahamuto syas he is not ready to support a mod, especially in current state. Once official multiplayer is a thing he will consider supporting is.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is really good, performance impact is almost unexistent, I cannot tell if it's recording or not on KSP if I don't look at the marker.

Desktop GPUs can record the desktop, so it's posible for you to record the game using it.

Anyway, I fixed my overheating issues, and can record now, anyone up to some dogfighting?

Yes, guard mode, that makes sense.

I totally see that working.

And what happens when there is someone on the base is the same as what happens when someone is piloting another plane, it's just that threre is some ground movement weirdness, which does not happen in flight.

But to me what consistently happens (with planes) is what you see on the video, I see the enemy being destroyed, there is a lagspike and he respawn.

Unless I actually kill the enemy by passing where he will see you (passing in front of your friend), like I did on the very end of it.

Also, maybe atacking bases actually destroy them even if there is a player there, at some point missiles became probes, thus they are sent through the server to the other player.

Nope. As said, the base dissapears, so the missile will not lock and it cannot hit an inexistant thing. I dunno why or how, but it does.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, slight panic. I was playing KSP earlier with BDArmoury installed. Everything was working fine, as intended. I then had to go attend an Arma 3 event with my realism unit, so I took a break from KSP. When I came back later (having made no changes to the files, downloaded any updates or any new mods), I discovered that all of the BDArmoury parts were present except for the bombs! The Mark82, Mark82 Snakeye and Cluster bombs (as well as any other bombs which may have existed) have completely disappeared.

And it's not just me being blind. Upon loading a craft which had a full hold of 96 500lb bombs, I am told that 'bahaMk82Bomb' doesn't exist. The loading screen briefly flashes up 'BDArmory/Parts/mk82Bomb' or something along those lines, and when I go into the game files, I can see that the Part folder 'mk82Bomb' does indeed exist, and contains model.mu, part.cfg and texture.png. Other parts such as the missiles, turrets and ammo boxes show up fine, as well as parts from other mods.

Just to reiterate: I have made no modifications since earlier. Everything is exactly the same (or so I thought). I can think of no logical explanation that would cause this, nor can I think of anything that has changed.

You need to READ. There are people making these posts when completely wasted all over this thread now.

No, it does not contain a part.cfg It contains a part .cfg which is in KSP standards nothing. It is absolutely stupid and broken, but the issue really is that space. If you had gone back 3 pages before posting you would have known.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, may I please make a few requests concerning the next version of BDArmory?

I also want a both a radial-mount and turret-mounted 40mm Bofors Cannon if you could do that.

Also, can we have some mortars? And a Rocket Artillery System?

Please?

Change the attachment rules to something like 0,1,1,1 (off the top of my head) easy enough to do yourself. Just look up the attachment rules in a part.cfg thing and modify the part.cfg

Of course he has no idea what a Coaxial gun is. A co-axial gun is perfectly common knowledge though. Please. Co-axial literally means "on the same axis", not too hard to figure out. Anyway, you're better off using the howitzer as a tank gun and making the remaining turret yourself. Then add a hidden vulcan for co-axial gun.

Make your own turret, again. So Radial-mount is better. And that was made in the 1930s for service in WWII... BD makes modern combat. Id much rather have a Flakvierling anyway.

Yes! Or an improvement to the targeting sytem when doing indirect fire/looking straight down. You cant aim rockets or use howitzers as mortars without slowly zeroing in by wasting ammunition all the time.. and if you forgot where your cursor was, then youre screwed!

That is getting added, look at the planned features...

I am experiencing troubles with the three bombs, the one with the airbrake, the 500lb one, and the cluster bomb. The first time I lunched KSP, they were there. I then proceeded to make a craft with them. Later, I booted up KSP again, and they were gone, and my craft was corrupted. I have for than enough RAM, with a 3rd gen i5, on x86 (32 bit). I would appreciate any help.

P.S. to get the bombs back I have to completely re install BDArmory, however, the issue occurs again.

I am experiencing troubles with the three bombs, the one with the airbrake, the 500lb one, and the cluster bomb. The first time I lunched KSP, they were there. I then proceeded to make a craft with them. Later, I booted up KSP again, and they were gone, and my craft was corrupted. I have for than enough RAM, with a 3rd gen i5, on x86 (32 bit). I would appreciate any help.

P.S. to get the bombs back I have to completely re install BDArmory, however, the issue occurs again.

read the post above yours please before i slam my head on a pike and scream hell and murder...

the guy says that you need to change the "part .cfg" to "part.cfg"

ksp doesn't like that space.

Edited by AntiMatter001

So this may or may not be a bug

Has any one else noticed that if a fire a missile at a target and it has guns and guard mode on it will automatically start attacking the middle instead of the craft you control even if it isn't set to target missiles

Not a bug unless the vehicle in guard mode is set to target vehicles as there is the option to target missiles which you may have set accidentally.

Not a bug unless the vehicle in guard mode is set to target vehicles as there is the option to target missiles which you may have set accidentally.

Yes I know

What in saying is it switches it's target type if I fire a missle at it

It shouldn't do that

Besides I use the lasers for missle defense

Yes I know

What in saying is it switches it's target type if I fire a missle at it

It shouldn't do that

Besides I use the lasers for missle defense

Then sounds like a bug but not a horrible one unless your aircraft is on the same line of fire as your missile was and it registered any hits to it as hits to the craft.

Then sounds like a bug but not a horrible one unless your aircraft is on the same line of fire as your missile was and it registered any hits to it as hits to the craft.

Not really

I did some test with it including pulling away after firing. It will always start targeting the missile.

Also happens with bombs

I think this is the "smart guard" behaviour. If it has the means to switch between target types, it does so. So, guns for bombs and missiles, and missiles for ships.

But I could be wrong.

Either way I don't like it all that much

I like the smart guard in regards to switching from missles to guns when attacking a vehicle but not when it switches it's target type

If I wanted a craft to target incoming missles I will tell it to

I explained before, it just targets whatever is closer and within a smaller angle from the scanner, be it debris, probe or missile.

Activate the weapons manager on a plane and try to auto target a lot of debris on the ground and you will understand.

Isn't that almsot exactly what the 30mm is but with a different look? You can just downscale it and change some parameters by yourself. Or you could even use the 20mm and buff it in the config, easy.

No the GAU 8 uses 30mm while the GAU 19 that I requested uses a .50 BMG! Also if you look at the way this gun is in the link I posted it's much more easier to incorporate into your designs! I already have the one from the link but I just thought it would be cool in BD armory is all. Trust me when I say this weapon is perfect for making your own gun emplacements!! Has anyone commenting on this seen Kerbals At War?

or he could through a "hidden Vulcan 20mm" on an I beam it would give roughly the same result that and i don't think BD is back from his Vacation yet, nor do i think he would make another 20mm static for "just because" reasons. not like him. from what I've noticed any way.

My message was only directed to him so please! I did a few favors for him a while ago before he started this mod and just had the Bahamuto Dynamics! I won't go all out and say we're best friends or anything but we have talked in the past and he's a nice person! I'm pretty sure when he gets back he will help an old friend out! lol an I beam with the 20mm! I want my stuff to look nice not just go pew pew!!

You need to READ. There are people making these posts when completely wasted all over this thread now.

No, it does not contain a part.cfg It contains a part .cfg which is in KSP standards nothing. It is absolutely stupid and broken, but the issue really is that space. If you had gone back 3 pages before posting you would have known.

I appreciate your help, that seems to have solved it. Thanks! You are quite right, I should have gone back a few pages and read. I only looked at the posts on the same page which I was posting as I assumed it was a fairly recent issue. My bad. However, please mind your tone. Your wording isn't much of a big deal and very little offense was taken, but there are plenty of ways you could have phrased your reply which would have been less... shall we say, rude or blunt?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BahamutoD: I love this mod. I used to use Skillful, before I found this. Skillful is an amazing mod. There are parts of Skillful I really like, such as the different munition types, vessel damage and fuel fires. I however found it could be rather tedious and was very buggy. Of course, with a system so complex and still in a quite early stage there are bound to be bugs and glitches, but when combined with the enormity of other mods I found that the only thing left to do was delete all the mods in my GameData folder, and re-evaluate every single mod I was using to see if I really needed it and if there were any alternatives.

Skillful was one of those which got re-evaluated. I found BDArmoury to be more gentle to lower-end systems (My CPU and RAM leave a lot to be desired, and I tend to run a heavily modded version of KSP). BDArmoury's mouse-tracking weapons was something I really liked, along with the hit markers for fixed weapons such as the GAU-18 or Hydra-70 rocket pods. I love the dumbfire rockets (guided rockets was one part of SF that always bugged me), and although I didn't like the bomb hit markers at first, I found when fighting against the Guard mode and SAM sites, etc. it made high-altitude bombing much more practical. Now onto the main part of this post: Suggestions.

I am sure you've had some of these suggestions before, and I am going to try and keep it brief and simple. Here goes:

1) I noticed a lot of modders have created addons for BDArmoury. I find some of the addons created by modders are quite lovely and fill several gaps such as the Mk84 2000lb bomb by VentZer0, or the M31 MLRS missile by Damaske. I took a look at Spanner's Boomsticks as well, but I found a lot of these parts I could create homemade versions of myself using a mishmash of BDArmoury and Infernal Robotics parts (I also disliked the rough textures, but that's nitpicking). Have you ever considered speaking to the authors about integrating these addons (or parts of them) into the core BDArmoury mod?

2) Have you considered making heavier, longer-ranged weapons like rail guns? The howitzers are lovely, by the way. They can often be difficult to use in space though, especially if you haven't the time to match your velocity before you whizz past that space station you're trying to destroy.

3) Have you considered making heavier, harder hitting bombs like 1200lb Tallboys or 22000lb Grand Slams? From a gameplay perspective, nuclear weapons are excessively powerful and not particularly worth the effort to develop imho. What about cruise missiles?

4) An idea I had for a bomb would be a Mk82 or Mk84, outfitted with a thermobaric warhead. The idea being that it would cause less damage than a conventional warhead (less effective against buildings or armoured targets), but cover a much larger range.

5) This suggestion could tie in with suggestion 4). As mentioned earlier in this post, part of the appeal of Skillful was different types of warhead or ammunition. Do you plan on implementing different magazines for weapons, or different warheads for explosive ordnance? Another suggestion might be tweaking the RPM of weapons like the Gatekeeper or the Vulcan. If you have limited ammo, you could set the weapon to a lower RPM. On the other hand, if you're carrying a lot of ammunition you might want to chew through your ammo in order to send a devastating hail of bullets that will strike fear in the heart of any Kerbal.

6) Another part of the appeal of SF was fuel fires and damage states on parts. Do you have any plans on implementing a similar system? Imo, it would diversify the number of potential outcomes in a situation and make combat much more dynamic and interesting.

7) Could you possibly add explosive warheads (nosecones, inline warheads or whatever) so we can make our own weapons systems such as ICBMs or kamikaze vehicles?

8) Ok, this is probably not the greatest suggestion, but how about weapons for Kerbals? Grenade launchers or shoulder-mounted weapons systems like Javelins, Stingers, etc. If there's some pesky AA guard that prevents you approaching an area, drop off a squad of Kerbals and send them in to do the dirty work.

Edited by Kill3rCat

I appreciate your help, that seems to have solved it. Thanks! You are quite right, I should have gone back a few pages and read. I only looked at the posts on the same page which I was posting as I assumed it was a fairly recent issue. My bad. However, please mind your tone. Your wording isn't much of a big deal and very little offense was taken, but there are plenty of ways you could have phrased your reply which would have been less... shall we say, rude or blunt?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BahamutoD: I love this mod. I used to use Skillful, before I found this. Skillful is an amazing mod. There are parts of Skillful I really like, such as the different munition types, vessel damage and fuel fires. I however found it could be rather tedious and was very buggy. Of course, with a system so complex and still in a quite early stage there are bound to be bugs and glitches, but when combined with the enormity of other mods I found that the only thing left to do was delete all the mods in my GameData folder, and re-evaluate every single mod I was using to see if I really needed it and if there were any alternatives.

Skillful was one of those which got re-evaluated. I found BDArmoury to be more gentle to lower-end systems (My CPU and RAM leave a lot to be desired, and I tend to run a heavily modded version of KSP). BDArmoury's mouse-tracking weapons was something I really liked, along with the hit markers for fixed weapons such as the GAU-18 or Hydra-70 rocket pods. I love the dumbfire rockets (guided rockets was one part of SF that always bugged me), and although I didn't like the bomb hit markers at first, I found when fighting against the Guard mode and SAM sites, etc. it made high-altitude bombing much more practical. Now onto the main part of this post: Suggestions.

I am sure you've had some of these suggestions before, and I am going to try and keep it brief and simple. Here goes:

1) I noticed a lot of modders have created addons for BDArmoury. I find some of the addons created by modders are quite lovely and fill several gaps such as the Mk84 2000lb bomb by VentZer0, or the M31 MLRS missile by Damaske. I took a look at Spanner's Boomsticks as well, but I found a lot of these parts I could create homemade versions of myself using a mishmash of BDArmoury and Infernal Robotics parts (I also disliked the rough textures, but that's nitpicking). Have you ever considered speaking to the authors about integrating these addons (or parts of them) into the core BDArmoury mod?

2) Have you considered making heavier, longer-ranged weapons like rail guns? The howitzers are lovely, by the way. They can often be difficult to use in space though, especially if you haven't the time to match your velocity before you whizz past that space station you're trying to destroy.

3) Have you considered making heavier, harder hitting bombs like 1200lb Tallboys or 22000lb Grand Slams? From a gameplay perspective, nuclear weapons are excessively powerful and not particularly worth the effort to develop imho. What about cruise missiles?

4) An idea I had for a bomb would be a Mk82 or Mk84, outfitted with a thermobaric warhead. The idea being that it would cause less damage than a conventional warhead (less effective against buildings or armoured targets), but cover a much larger range.

5) This suggestion could tie in with suggestion 4). As mentioned earlier in this post, part of the appeal of Skillful was different types of warhead or ammunition. Do you plan on implementing different magazines for weapons, or different warheads for explosive ordnance? Another suggestion might be tweaking the RPM of weapons like the Gatekeeper or the Vulcan. If you have limited ammo, you could set the weapon to a lower RPM. On the other hand, if you're carrying a lot of ammunition you might want to chew through your ammo in order to send a devastating hail of bullets that will strike fear in the heart of any Kerbal.

6) Another part of the appeal of SF was fuel fires and damage states on parts. Do you have any plans on implementing a similar system? Imo, it would diversify the number of potential outcomes in a situation and make combat much more dynamic and interesting.

7) Could you possibly add explosive warheads (nosecones, inline warheads or whatever) so we can make our own weapons systems such as ICBMs or kamikaze vehicles?

8) Ok, this is probably not the greatest suggestion, but how about weapons for Kerbals? Grenade launchers or shoulder-mounted weapons systems like Javelins, Stingers, etc. If there's some pesky AA guard that prevents you approaching an area, drop off a squad of Kerbals and send them in to do the dirty work.

Dude, BahamutoD made the mod easy to modify, if you want that stuff, go into the .cfg and edit the numbers. And he added a warhead code a lot of pages back. Also, baha said he wasn't going to make kerbal weapons anytime soon.