[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

The turret rotates (yaw) around the aimRotate transform, and barrel pitches around the aimPitch transform. Set your gizmos to "Pivot" and not "Center" (its the button next to world/local) to show where the pivot is.

muzzleTransform is where the module looks for particle emitters for muzzle flash and smoke. Without it, you will have none. (And that's all that muzzle transform does.. if it's messing with your colliders then you're doing something else wrong).

No, when firing bombs or missiles, they decouple themselves from anything they are attached to and decouple anything attached to them.

Hmmm alright then that answers that question next one I have is do the fins control steering or is that just for looks

Finally just so you know the blue rings on the sidewinder model indicate that it is an inert training missile not a live one which would have yellow rings in the same place as the blue ones

Hmmm alright then that answers that question next one I have is do the fins control steering or is that just for looks

Just for looks.

Finally just so you know the blue rings on the sidewinder model indicate that it is an inert training missile not a live one which would have yellow rings in the same place as the blue ones

Oops, will fix.

The turret rotates (yaw) around the aimRotate transform, and barrel pitches around the aimPitch transform. Set your gizmos to "Pivot" and not "Center" (its the button next to world/local) to show where the pivot is.

muzzleTransform is where the module looks for particle emitters for muzzle flash and smoke. Without it, you will have none. (And that's all that muzzle transform does.. if it's messing with your colliders then you're doing something else wrong).

Ah, yes, I've been using centre, didn't realise I could change that (Unity n00b here). Thanks.

Though I somehow managed to get the thing working properly.

http://gfycat.com/SociableKindheartedCollie

Dropbox link for anyone interested, I'll have to make a seperate thread soon so I don't have to spam this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ww5qmdxal8zt3xm/L131%20AS-90.zip?dl=0

Was it not already started?

It is officially now….ALLL ABORAD!!!

Although it should be a fighter jet not a train this time around with AI fighters

Y'all get to choose

SU-37

SSYKXou.png

or F-22

DhFv2w5.png

(yes I can and will store AIM-9 missiles in its air intakes there)

Edited by War Eagle 1

If you really wanted to go for accuracy, it should have 1 yellow ring (indicating the presence of a high-explosive warhead) and 1 brown ring (indicating the presence of a rocket motor).

Like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Navy_980220-N-0507F-003_U.S._Marine_Corps_Lance_Cpl._Leander_Pickens_arms_an_AIM-9_Sidewinder_missile_on_a_FA-18C_Hornet.jpg

If you really wanted to go for accuracy, it should have 1 yellow ring (indicating the presence of a high-explosive warhead) and 1 brown ring (indicating the presence of a rocket motor).

Like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Navy_980220-N-0507F-003_U.S._Marine_Corps_Lance_Cpl._Leander_Pickens_arms_an_AIM-9_Sidewinder_missile_on_a_FA-18C_Hornet.jpg

Very much correct I didn't check for the second ring

http://www.alternatewars.com/BBOW/Markings/US_Ammo_Markings.htm

This is a good reference BD!

- - - Updated - - -

Wait are we going with train or jet?

We're going by OscarB on a mainsail with infinite fuel!

We alllllll driving the hype train!!!

Well then shall we start singing sea shanties…?

Now we are ready to head for the Horn,

Weigh, hey, roll an' go!

Our boots an' our clothes boys are all in the pawn,

To be rollickin' randy dandy O!

Heave a pawl, oh, heave away,

Weigh, hey, roll and go!

The anchor's on board an' the cable's all stored,

To be rollickin' randy dandy O!

Can you provide details on "how" it is not working?

Also is that a fixed gun told to be a turret?

In game it basically acts like a normal part with an action (Toggle Turret) that does nothing.

I don't think this is how the mod sees it. There are three weapon types: Laser, Cannon and Ballistic. My weapon is a Cannon. The part.cfg is like the one of the M102 Howitzer, only with different values. I assumed that all BDA guns could be set up like the example turret. This is why I think using the turret setup for a gun with one pivot point wouldn't be a problem.

In game it basically acts like a normal part with an action (Toggle Turret) that does nothing.

I don't think this is how the mod sees it. There are three weapon types: Laser, Cannon and Ballistic. My weapon is a Cannon. The part.cfg is like the one of the M102 Howitzer, only with different values. I assumed that all BDA guns could be set up like the example turret. This is why I think using the turret setup for a gun with one pivot point wouldn't be a problem.

Unity isn't my strong suit but I'm guessing its due to the animation modules I would recommend looking at fixed guns such as the radial howitzer not the turret as you seem to be lacking the proper model for a full turret Ie it has no base

I had a question, when I fire, say, an automatic cannon into a building, I get massive slowdowns, from 60+ fps to 15-20 fps. It didn't happen in 0.90, anyone else experiencing this?