[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

???

It doesn't have to be realistic, it's a game. The craft works perfectly fine in the game.

I know…its just not my cup of tea is all I'm saying.

Not trying to be rude and sorry if thats how I came across as

Edited by War Eagle 1

Last question-how do I use GPS guidance?

Use the targeting ball or another targeting system. Aim at where you want to shoot and choose the "Send GPS" button. This will attach targets to the GPS locking system which can be used by other craft. After which you just use your GPS coordinator to select targets already marked and then fire.

The guns cannot be fired through action groups. Only the missiles and bombs can. You need to click to fire the guns. Sorry about that.

That might change though - I sent Baha a pull request that made guns action group fireable a while back.

That might change though - I sent Baha a pull request that made guns action group fireable a while back.

I think he stated he won't do that as it made it that the gun would stay firing.

Then again he hasn't been on in like a month or so so who knows

Edited by War Eagle 1

I think he stated he won't do that as it made it that the gun would stay firing.

I'm not sure I understood what you meant by that. Both single toggle -> single shot and toggle firing on/off are easily doable, just depends on whether you flip the turret back off again after firing - I tried both before going with the on/off toggle. Either way, I don't really see a reason not to do it considering how many possibilities it would open when combined with something like kOS. If it's action group only with no separate button, you'd have to be actively looking for it to find it anyway, so I doubt anyone could find it confusing or anything.

Still, it's up to Baha, so I guess we'll find out when he gets back. I figured it would be neat to have it in the official version, but in the meanwhile, it's not like there's anything stopping me from just using my own modified version should I feel like it :P

Edited by Yski

Action grouping 'toggle weapon' for the howitzer and using burn together action group mimic doesn't fire it. What I need is much like a fixed howitzer that fires by action group. Similar to a fixed Vulcan.

Select the howitzer on all the crafts and turn on remote firing(on alt+b menu) , you will be able to fire all of them and aim them too

I'm not sure I understood what you meant by that. Both single toggle -> single shot and toggle firing on/off are easily doable, just depends on whether you flip the turret back off again after firing - I tried both before going with the on/off toggle. Either way, I don't really see a reason not to do it considering how many possibilities it would open when combined with something like kOS. If it's action group only with no separate button, you'd have to be actively looking for it to find it anyway, so I doubt anyone could find it confusing or anything.

Still, it's up to Baha, so I guess we'll find out when he gets back. I figured it would be neat to have it in the official version, but in the meanwhile, it's not like there's anything stopping me from just using my own modified version should I feel like it :P

THB I don't see why you would need it. Mouse button works fine for me

Toggle on, then toggle off, matching the boolean state of the action group variable, would be the most sane way. Otherwise it cannot sustain fire. (If it turns the gun on for each edge condition from false to true or from true to false, it doesn't know how long to keep it on after each state change, and has to choose to turn itself off when it feels like, i.e. firing fixed-duration bursts). It's better to just go "hit the button once to start gun, again to stop gun", which is how the stock action group system is designed to work.

- - - Updated - - -

THB I don't see why you would need it. Mouse button works fine for me

A kOS script cannot click a mouse button.

You can't chain a mouse button click with other actions on the craft like you can with action-group-able activities.

You can't chain a mouse button click effect to other effects using SmartParts like you can with action-group-able activities.