[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

So I'm waiting for the day we start getting career mode military contracts with BDArmory installed.

"We've lost control of one of our test rockets. It's in low Kerbin orbit. We would like you to remove it for us. Either retrieve or destroy it. (Bonus reward for retrieval)." (<<< Use for that space missile!)

"The Kerbin Society for No Space Trash has launched an offensive on the space center. Their forces are currently located at [some location]. Head out there and neutralize them."

Actually, any chance enough space missiles can destroy an asteroid? Or break them up? (Like one missile can blow up an A-class, but it would fragment a B-Class into 2 A-classes? Something like that.) I have BD Armory installed in 0.90, but I don't use it much. I wish there was more game integration for it. Hence my hope for career contracts ^_^

So I'm waiting for the day we start getting career mode military contracts with BDArmory installed.

"We've lost control of one of our test rockets. It's in low Kerbin orbit. We would like you to remove it for us. Either retrieve or destroy it. (Bonus reward for retrieval)." (<<< Use for that space missile!)

"The Kerbin Society for No Space Trash has launched an offensive on the space center. Their forces are currently located at [some location]. Head out there and neutralize them."

Actually, any chance enough space missiles can destroy an asteroid? Or break them up? (Like one missile can blow up an A-class, but it would fragment a B-Class into 2 A-classes? Something like that.) I have BD Armory installed in 0.90, but I don't use it much. I wish there was more game integration for it. Hence my hope for career contracts ^_^

AFAIK someone already did this.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/116245-0-10-5dim-Military-Contract-Pack-v0-3-2015-04-30

Well now I've got an even weirder issue... After adding fireTransform and muzzleTransform, the collision mesh starts acting up, and won't allow me to toggle the turret in game. Removing fireTransform and muzzleTransform puts it back to how it was before, normal collision mesh, and it will actually turn after being toggled (but with butt-gun syndrome).

Example.png

Well now I've got an even weirder issue... After adding fireTransform and muzzleTransform, the collision mesh starts acting up, and won't allow me to toggle the turret in game. Removing fireTransform and muzzleTransform puts it back to how it was before, normal collision mesh, and it will actually turn after being toggled (but with butt-gun syndrome).

http://s23.postimg.org/sepchv93v/Example.png

Check the debug log for errors. Also, the muzzle and fire transforms should be at the tip of the barrel where the projectile comes out.

I was about to say, "WHY DIDN'T I know of this SOONER?!" until I looked at the post date: that came out last week. Still, AWESOME! Thanks peoples! Now I just need to hunt down the 0.90 version of that to be safe...

Looking forward to seeing that contract mod exploiting the new BDArmory AI once BDArmory is updated. (Though I'm waiting on a lot of mods to update to 1.0-compatibility before I really play 1.0.)

I almost pulled an all nighter last night and I worked more on it today, and here is how AI combat looks now: (more details later)

-------------------

PrototypeTheta - look at the unity package again. It has fireTransform and muzzleTransform on each barrel.

-------------------

War Eagle 1 - If I can finish polishing the model and texture by tomorrow night then yes, but there might be more important things to fix ^^. JDAMs are possible now, but I'll wait till next update.

Can you make the ai work in ZeroG Vacuum?

He should be (If you live in the US) Be updating on Friday. and i think that's today.

i live in japan so its already going to be Saturday by the time he updates....

Yeah, me too, it's gonna be saturday when it comes out for me too, I'm in Singapore right now

http://imgur.com/a/dLHYA

Cant wait until i can revive this Gem.

That's a beautiful plane right there!

- - - Updated - - -

Can you make the ai work in ZeroG Vacuum?

I think since very few weapons (namely only one missile) are specifically designed for orbital use this will be a secondary concern however it seems easier than atmospheric AI since it doesn't have to worry about gravity in the same way.

Last thing I was wondering if anyone is interested in me making some armor panels for parts? I would do procedural ones but I have no idea how to

i do know that the armor panels would work if they just had a high temperature tolerance. but i dont know how to make the be procedural. maybe ask the maker of procedural wings?

i do know that the armor panels would work if they just had a high temperature tolerance. but i dont know how to make the be procedural. maybe ask the maker of procedural wings?

That was my intention but for now plates in a few sizes should be sufficient probably in grey and desert camo

Day 3: The dreaded butt-gun effect has been eliminated (aimPitch and aimRotate were facing the wrong way -.-), I now wrestle with faulty rotation points (barrel rotates around the wrong point) and an apparent intolerance (incompetence) with muzzleTransform (still breaks mesh colliders..., but weirdly enough everything seems to work without muzzleTransform).

2015_05_01_00001.jpg

I now await the release of 1.0, so that testing may continue.

EDIT: Barrel rotation fixed, and the lack of muzzleTransform doesn't appear to be having any adverse effects.

Edited by PrototypeTheta

Day 3: The dreaded butt-gun effect has been eliminated (aimPitch and aimRotate were facing the wrong way -.-), I now wrestle with faulty rotation points (barrel rotates around the wrong point) and an apparent intolerance (incompetence) with muzzleTransform (still breaks mesh colliders..., but weirdly enough everything seems to work without muzzleTransform).

http://s29.postimg.org/cpiw6j3jb/2015_05_01_00001.jpg

I now await the release of 1.0, so that testing may continue.

EDIT: Barrel rotation fixed, and the lack of muzzleTransform doesn't appear to be having any adverse effects.

The turret rotates (yaw) around the aimRotate transform, and barrel pitches around the aimPitch transform. Set your gizmos to "Pivot" and not "Center" (its the button next to world/local) to show where the pivot is.

muzzleTransform is where the module looks for particle emitters for muzzle flash and smoke. Without it, you will have none. (And that's all that muzzle transform does.. if it's messing with your colliders then you're doing something else wrong).

ERA?

Also BD if I put a parachute module on a bomb namely my BLU-82 "Daisy Cutter" can make it deploy after the weapon is fired automatically?

No, when firing bombs or missiles, they decouple themselves from anything they are attached to and decouple anything attached to them.