[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

You can, I do it like this.

Place weapon group manager part anywhere you like on the aircraft. Then go to "set up action groups."

Then set the "Fire" command to what ever action number you want, I usually set it to 3 or 4.

Then set "Next weapon" command to another action group, for me that is usually 5 or 6 depending on the craft.

To fire the gun while in flight cycle to the next weapon until you see which ever gun it is that you want to use. Then press that action group number. Done gun fires.

As seen in this picture.

http://i.imgur.com/boKA1Mb.jpg

where is the homing missile from?

When do parts shake? While flying, or just sitting on the ground?

Its the first I've heard of that particular problem so I'll need to know how to replicate it.

That's what I need to find out and I'll let you know. In the meantime I suspect the shaking occurs when two objects begin to get farther and farther appart. And again this is with a physics range of 50km. I'll try leaving it at 5 and see what it does. Then I'll try matching the stock range and so forth.

so I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but when I fire the PAC-3 SAM, and switch to it every other craft in its wake seems to just randomly explode, when the missile is about 3-6 KM out.

Bahamuto, what is the name of the font of the text that you use for the text in your parts?

I use several different fonts, but if you mean the stencil one, its this one.

That's what I need to find out and I'll let you know. In the meantime I suspect the shaking occurs when two objects begin to get farther and farther appart. And again this is with a physics range of 50km. I'll try leaving it at 5 and see what it does. Then I'll try matching the stock range and so forth.

Thanks man!

so I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but when I fire the PAC-3 SAM, and switch to it every other craft in its wake seems to just randomly explode, when the missile is about 3-6 KM out.

Ironically, it is due to Krakensbane, which switches on when your vessel exceeds 750m/s. I believe it switches to a moving reference frame (instead of moving the vessel, it moves the universe around the vessel). Landed crafts don't survive the transition which is probably why the default landed pack distance is so small. I don't know what to do about that at the moment, so just don't watch the pac-3 if it gets to that speed.

All the BDarmory missiles are homing. Just double click a target and fire.

in the image in the weapon list there is a missile called aa11 homing missile

I would like to know where it came from or is it something he developed for himself

Hi baha i asked about RBS-15, you might have missed that post, so i'm asking again.

RBS-15 is super wonky. Basically it start maneuvering sideways when closing in to the target[i understand this is intended as evasive maneuver against CIWS], but sometimes it is slowing so much, that it literally almost stop. Speed drop to 30-40 m/s and then it mostly miss target by a quite a big margin. Don't know why it's happening, but the AGM-86 cruise missile is doing fine.

I've been having trouble with the lasers. They've been cutting through six layers of structural panels instantly. Even ships designed to handle lasers don't last much more than three seconds, and I only get that long because I found that docking hubs have odd heating effects when hit with the laser.

I suppose that this is due to stock heating unbalancing weapon damage.

Ok, a few features that need to be added to BDA.

1. A Jettison Command- I would like to be able to jettison bombs and missiles through either action groups or through the Weapons Manager. This is already somewhat possible by setting an action group that fires everything at once, but this is extremely dangerous for obvious reasons. I want to, essentially, be able to drop certain, or all my weapons without actually firing them or arming them. I would also like to see two different kinds of jettison commands, "Jettison All Air-to-Ground" and "Jettison All".

2. Guard Mode Opens/Closes Bay Doors- I would like to see this as a feature of guard mode that, when there are missiles or other weapons held inside of a cargo bay that guard mode would automatically open and close those bomb bay doors when those weapons are selected.

3.ECM Pods- Another kind of countermeasures. Jams the radars of incoming missiles. Can be used infinitely but uses a literal metric crap ton of electrical power, so it can't be used fequently.

4.Improved functionality. for the autopilot- I have to say, I am very impressed by the AI. Bravo, good sir! However, there are a few things I would like to add to it. First off is to the ability to tell the Autopilot, "Hey, you see that place over there? Go fly there." This is something that would make staging massive air battles so much easier. Second, I would like to be able to set the Autopilot to a sort of "Standby" mode where, instead of immediately taking off, it would stay put on the ground until an enemy fighter comes nearby, whereupon it would take off and intercept. Also, better ground collision prevention would be nice.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'll come back later with more.

I've been having trouble with the lasers. They've been cutting through six layers of structural panels instantly. Even ships designed to handle lasers don't last much more than three seconds, and I only get that long because I found that docking hubs have odd heating effects when hit with the laser.

Didn't yet test it, but it makes sense: Since damage is done by heat, the toughness of a material is determined by thermal mass. Which is derived from weight (and some multipliers) and means lightweightstructural plates aren't the best shields anymore.

Edit: Otoh you'll get two shiny 'damage' overlays with F10 and F11. Although one might want to disable the former one to avoid memory leaks.

Guess we need extra shield parts. One thing tho: You can use the reentry shields, their ablative armor will protect very well against damage. If you want to create 'shields' by hand, there is thermalMassModifier, heatConductivity, and emissiveConstant in the cfg (check wings). Against guns those things would be toughness, damage-tranfer (which should be low), and regeneration. Of course also the heat tolerance, which should be higher. Mind that will absolutely impact the stock games heat mechanics!

Edited by Temeter

Ironically, it is due to Krakensbane, which switches on when your vessel exceeds 750m/s. I believe it switches to a moving reference frame (instead of moving the vessel, it moves the universe around the vessel). Landed crafts don't survive the transition which is probably why the default landed pack distance is so small. I don't know what to do about that at the moment, so just don't watch the pac-3 if it gets to that speed.

Got, it thanks for the info.:)

Hi baha i asked about RBS-15, you might have missed that post, so i'm asking again.

RBS-15 is super wonky. Basically it start maneuvering sideways when closing in to the target[i understand this is intended as evasive maneuver against CIWS], but sometimes it is slowing so much, that it literally almost stop. Speed drop to 30-40 m/s and then it mostly miss target by a quite a big margin. Don't know why it's happening, but the AGM-86 cruise missile is doing fine.

Ah, it must be due to the new massive lift and drag of 1.0.2 aero. I tested the terminal maneuvering in 1.0, but haven't yet with the latest ksp aero. :confused:

Edit: Although.. I could have sworn I disabled the stock drag model on missiles.. I was thinking of bombs

I've been meaning to rebalance the laser damage. I'll actually write it down this time so I remember.

Ok, a few features that need to be added to BDA.

1. A Jettison Command- I would like to be able to jettison bombs and missiles through either action groups or through the Weapons Manager. This is already somewhat possible by setting an action group that fires everything at once, but this is extremely dangerous for obvious reasons. I want to, essentially, be able to drop certain, or all my weapons without actually firing them or arming them. I would also like to see two different kinds of jettison commands, "Jettison All Air-to-Ground" and "Jettison All".

2. Guard Mode Opens/Closes Bay Doors- I would like to see this as a feature of guard mode that, when there are missiles or other weapons held inside of a cargo bay that guard mode would automatically open and close those bomb bay doors when those weapons are selected.

3.ECM Pods- Another kind of countermeasures. Jams the radars of incoming missiles. Can be used infinitely but uses a literal metric crap ton of electrical power, so it can't be used fequently.

4.Improved functionality. for the autopilot- I have to say, I am very impressed by the AI. Bravo, good sir! However, there are a few things I would like to add to it. First off is to the ability to tell the Autopilot, "Hey, you see that place over there? Go fly there." This is something that would make staging massive air battles so much easier. Second, I would like to be able to set the Autopilot to a sort of "Standby" mode where, instead of immediately taking off, it would stay put on the ground until an enemy fighter comes nearby, whereupon it would take off and intercept. Also, better ground collision prevention would be nice.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'll come back later with more.

Good ideas. Jettison can be an action tied to each missile/bomb individually so I don't have to give a specific action for dropping each type of missile to the weapon manager.

I don't know about cargo bay control and ecm for now, but the 'AI' is written so that it would be easy to tell it to fly to any arbitrary point, so "go there" commands should be pretty simple.

Edited by BahamutoD

@datubaman:

I agree with all of your suggestions, esp. 3 and 4.

And also something like "see that friend/foe? go at him", this would even allow Air-To-Ground attacks.

But I am not sure if 2 is a good idea, sometimes you are flying too fast and opening the cargo bay could kill you, making it dangerous to switch between guns.

The MK20 cluster bomb tends to to stray of quite a bit from it's predicted course at low altitude, maybe because of bodylift (saw some when activating aerrows), too? Both MK82s seemed relatively fine at mid/low altitude.

I forgot to mention it in the change log, but bomb clearance check works for missiles with drop time greater than 0.25s.

I've tried but they keep exploding inside the bay O.o

HELP!