[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Another thing I've come across is that setting the phys range high (>25km) makes the game very slow when firing bullets into the air. This is because of the new feature that allows bullets to survive until they are out of physics range, rather than being destroyed after a fixed amount of time. I may have to clamp bullet range for fast firing guns for this reason.

Edited by Yski

How hard would flack be to code... Not the gun itself but a detonation at a set distance for a cannon shell.

And what about blocks of ten or so 250lb bombs liked kinda like the hydra but a bomb rack to cut down on part counts and improve actually releasing large amounts of ordinance

How hard would flack be to code... Not the gun itself but a detonation at a set distance for a cannon shell.

Probably not too difficult, the tricky part would be making the gun itself. Models and animations are scary.

Of course, there are some potential issues since the cannon shells are moving so fast, but if the explosion radius is relatively large, a simple sphere collider should do the trick. I think. :P

Edited by Yski

Probably not too difficult, the tricky part would be making the gun itself. Models and animations are scary.

Of course, there are some potential issues since the cannon shells are moving so fast, but if the explosion radius is relatively large, a simple sphere collider should do the trick. I think. :P

Or have a bit of code that first calculates where the shell should explode and the time it should explode at (So the shell explodes exactly where it should even with extreme velocities) and when the shell travels that amount of time, it dissapears and an explosion is spawned (If tha's the correct word... Triggered maybe?) at the before mentioned area. I know this could be simplified, but this seems to be the most reliable way to do it that I can think of.

Example:

Flak gun shoots with an explosion delay of 4 seconds, going at 1000 m/s. 4000ms along it's trajectory, a point is set. Once the shell has a lifespan of 4s, it despawns and at the same time, an explosion is spawned/triggered at the point that was set earlier.

Or have a bit of code that first calculates where the shell should explode and the time it should explode at (So the shell explodes exactly where it should even with extreme velocities) and when the shell travels that amount of time, it dissapears and an explosion is spawned (If tha's the correct word... Triggered maybe?) at the before mentioned area. I know this could be simplified, but this seems to be the most reliable way to do it that I can think of.

Example:

Flak gun shoots with an explosion delay of 4 seconds, going at 1000 m/s. 4000ms along it's trajectory, a point is set. Once the shell has a lifespan of 4s, it despawns and at the same time, an explosion is spawned/triggered at the point that was set earlier.

Oh, right, I misunderstood that. I thought he meant to trigger the explosion when the shell a certain distance from the target. If it's just the distance from the gun, something as simple as a timer should do the trick. Spawn the shell as usual, start the timer, have the shell explode when timer runs out. That's literally one two lines of code :)

..Why would the shell explode before anything gets within firing range though? Seems counter productive, considering there's always a chance it's going to hit something later on if it doesn't do that.

Edited by Yski

I tried to make a part which is basically the model and texture of a hydra rocket but with a missile config and ran into two problems 1, Once placed they become transparent and I cannot click on them. 2, the flame is on in the spy and on the runway but with no thrust. once released however they work fine

Oh, right, I misunderstood that. I thought he meant to trigger the explosion when the shell a certain distance from the target. If it's just the distance from the gun, something as simple as a timer should do the trick. Spawn the shell as usual, start the timer, have the shell explode when timer runs out. That's literally one two lines of code :)

..Why would the shell explode before anything gets within firing range though? Seems counter productive, considering there's always a chance it's going to hit something later on if it doesn't do that.

Either of those would be easy to write. The hydra 70 rockets are already proximity detonated if a target is selected.

It would be as simple as

if(Vector3.Distance(target, shell) < proximityRadius) Detonate();

I tried to make a part which is basically the model and texture of a hydra rocket but with a missile config and ran into two problems 1, Once placed they become transparent and I cannot click on them. 2, the flame is on in the spy and on the runway but with no thrust. once released however they work fine

It's because the rocket model has no collider and starts with particle emitters already ON because they are fired right when they are spawned in the rocket pod. They weren't designed to be their own separate part.

It's because the rocket model has no collider and starts with particle emitters already ON because they are fired right when they are spawned in the rocket pod. They weren't designed to be their own separate part.

Ohh, okay, I thought I had made a mistake. Pardon my insolence.

O, and speaking of proximity detonation maybe someone could make an Enders game style little doctor. It could work by hitting a target and then looking to see if there are any in a 200 meter radius, if so then the beam could activate a chain reaction.

Edited by Eclipse842

Hey really big fan of your work here,

for the decouple speed and drop time, is that in the tweakables in the SPH/VAB or is that in the .cfg file?

Also, have you thought about adding a GBU-57A/B M.O.P aka a Massive Ordnance Penetrator? its a EXTREMELY BIG conventional weapon that is used to take out targets *think of a nuke but without the fallout and the massive blast radius.* here is some photos

0xlovS6.jpguFmN3kc.jpg

Thanks, CaptainCreeper56

You could tweak it to have different detonation times. The blast radius could be pretty large, so it at least knocks the target if it explodes somewhat close. Or another way to do this would be to have it auto-set itself depending on the target's distance to you. But have it not 100% accurate, so you still have to tweak it a bit. Basically, it sets the minimum/maximum delay close to the one where it would guarantee a kill. You still have to lead your target and guess the exact delay to get a 100% effective hit.

Hi, it's there a link somewhere to make this mod compatibile with Tweakscale?

Try this

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[BahaTurret]]{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = free
}
}

Copy it into a text editor of your choice, save it as WhateverYouChoose.cfg and put it somewhere in your GameData folder. It should make all the guns tweakable, though I can't actually test it since I'm on my laptop at the moment, and will stay that way for most of the weekend. You could also do something similar for the missiles (replace BahaTurret with MissileLauncher), or any of the parts on case by case basis with

@PART[part name from the config file]
{
MODULE
{
name=TweakScale
type=free
}
}

No guarantees though, like I said I can't test it myself :)

If you want to tweak things around a bit more, try looking at the example config files on tweakscale and module manager threads.

Edited by Yski

Well, it works exceedingly well for its stage in development. Guard mode is granted the only thing that makes almost 100% accuracy with syncing, but some things such as space battles and boat wars (Yes. Somehow the buggiest thing in the entire game actually works between clients. The only real issues emerge when two boats are within 1Km, but this is a DMP bug not BD) work somewhat well in PVP. I do have to congratulate BD for the guard mode mechanics. It really makes battles possible, and is actually pretty amazing as to the accuracy of the destruction.

I do wish however that there was some sort of balance to the guns, or at least a way to create strong armor plating (I would really like to stop having tanks destroyed by .50 cal turrets :huh:), but all in all, excellent work. :D

Yep. Had my massive MARV obliterated by a guard tower...

Hey, I got a new idea for an awesome weapon. I was browsing the latest mod releases and found this mod.

At first nothing that has to do with weapons, but the mod author has posted a video of an unreleased mod,

So, I got the Idea, to turn that mod into a seismic charge bomb from Star Wars, video of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nYgHN61vZk

I asked the mod author, if he could mod his mod. :sticktongue: No answear til now, I hope he will get to it.

Anyways. Maybe you, BahamutoD, can create this weapon. It has this really nice effect and sound, and space battles would become even more awesome.

And regarding the physics range. I still have issues with deorbiting crafts, or when switching from crafts in orbit to the ones on ground, they get the orbital velocity of the first craft. OK, I have to say that only happens with ranges of 150km or more. And don't even try 1000000km or more. Really weird stuff is happening. :wink:

And do you have any plans to make assault rifles or pistols? You know, for the KAS trick, so Kerbals can use the weapons.

Yes that would be awesome! I already replaced the "explode.wav" sound effect in the mod with this sound effect XD

Next best thing, it really is awesome to have this play when your missiles hit :D

I almost thought you would link to my "mod", new too, and it comes with this explosion sound effect. Too bad I can't draw (Not even pen and paper, Unity, oh gad no) so no visual effects like this.

Ull love when my mods get merged, 50cals are USELESS vs strructural panels, they can fire at them all day and do next to nothing (only way to make lethal 50cals is 10 turrets at once). 20s are decent, take down fuel tanks/engines/weak crap really quick, but have a tough time vs structural panels, and 30s are extremely lethal against anything expect structural plate and longer ranges. Although expose a single weak component and itll explode from the 30. I am HOPING to be finished with tweaking by the weekend, so expect the community to begin testing the new HEAT DAMAGE modeling soon

Oh yes!! You've got yourself a download right here. :P

Although, thats doable as is too... just go to config and change the crash tolerance to 8000 or so. Did it with all the b9 plates to have "armor", it does work quite well. Though even the most catastrophic bomb sites/crashes/other disasters leave plates all over XD

They also seem to have acquired the intake properties of bouncing on water.

I'd like to make a quick suggestion of some non-modern (or less-modern) weapons.

Fixed .50 machine gun such as the Browning M2

Fixed 20mm non-buzzsaw autocannon such as the Oerlikon FF (possibly in an under-wing pod)

Fixed .30 machine gun such as the Vickers or Browning M1919

Try the Spanner's boomsticks mod.

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/225/Spanners%20Boomsticks%2C%20Parts%20to%20complement%20BD%20Armory%20

Because a fuze can be mechanical, simple, cheap and mass-producable (If that's a word :P)

If you want it to explode near the target you need electronics, computational power, and radar, infrared or something similar all mounted on the shell... yeah.

Timings are not just easier code-wise.

So yeah, without making your artillery shells mini-unguided missiles, it just won't know when/if anything is in range. As for hitting something, that's why you have fuze, it will explode once it runs out regardless. And then the operator can adjust it for different engagements.

Edited by Aerolfos

Is there any clear manual/guide on how to use this addon?

Pretty simple, download, install to gamedata folder. Then load game.

Most of the stuff in game is pretty easy, you will need a weapon control module on a ship or craft to use a weapon. Other than that pretty simple.

Pretty simple, download, install to gamedata folder. Then load game.

Most of the stuff in game is pretty easy, you will need a weapon control module on a ship or craft to use a weapon. Other than that pretty simple.

As a matter of fact you don't. But it makes it easier.

Otherwise you need to either right click a LOT or have an action group for every single missile and gun.

Is there any clear manual/guide on how to use this addon?

You can check out for example EnterElysium's mod light on it.

Otherwise it's pretty straightforward, install, then put the parts on a craft.

Add a weapon manager, bind action group 1 to fire, 2 for next weapon.

Then remember to have ammo boxes along with your guns, .50 cal for the .50 cal, 30mm for GAU-8, 20mm for Vulcan.

Then hit 2 to select a weapon (There will be a message saying which you have selected) and depending on the gun your cursor becomes a targeting thing, normal left mouse button to fire a gun, 1 for bombs/missiles. (Or whatever action groups you made the weapon manager, but I find 1 and 2 easy to use)

Well I have installed the mod and play with it, but I still have several questions:

- How do I lock missile to a target?

- How do I increase physics load distance beyond 100000m? Its too small for Realism Overhaul Earth

Well I have installed the mod and play with it, but I still have several questions:

- How do I lock missile to a target?

- How do I increase physics load distance beyond 100000m? Its too small for Realism Overhaul Earth

u dont realy want full physics beyound 5km or so imo. u can thou increase range ship stays in veiw thou. to lock on to a arget double click the other ship to lock on them