collision effects help

Hello, i need some light on this please, I wanna to make a mod that make a little bit more realistic the asteroid impacts at first by destroying the asteroid itself instead of just bouncing.... and destroying all ships in some area but since im new on moding ksp (not at coding) i dont know where should i start cause i cant find any clear tutorials for moding this sort of things.... ;.;

You'll need to write a plugin in C# to do this. For that, you can use Visual Studio or MonoDevelop. Once you have the program set up, you can make a part module and add it to the game like this.

Once you're comfortable with that, these example projects will help you do more advanced things like your plugin needs. This XML documentation can be added to your development program to show you want some parts of KSP do. Use autocomplete, go to definition and the object browser to find out how the parts of KSP you want to work with operate.

Good luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.