[WIP] [BETA DOWNLOAD] Titan Sciences- An Orbital Sciences Corp Mod

Scarsz

Titan Sciences

I've finally started my mod. This mod will add most if it not all existing Orbital Sciences craft, some proposed ones and maybe a made up ones. I found a document showing these ideas Orbital had for supplying a long haul (maybe interplanetary) Orion mission and I had to make it. I know there is a mod that was recently released that adds Antares and Cygnus (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82793-Antares-Cygnus-Mod-Update-1-1-%28fixes-addtions%29-June-20) but the author encouraged me to make it anyway and I am hoping to take this mod in a different direction.

To do list:

Re-texture Service Module✓

Re-texture Pressurized Modules✓

Add flag to decoupler/fairing base

Make IHI-BT-4 engine✓

Make EAM variants 50%

Create landing gear for Prometheus

Fix Prometheus center of lift✓

Fix solar panels electricity and pivot points✓

Make Minotaur I, IV, V and VI

Make Pegasus 75%

Make a few more interesting flags

Create a 64% and 100% size config files

Test and Bug Fix and Balance

Recommend:

Lionheads circular solar panels, they look great and the mid sized one is perfect for the enhanced cygnus: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/12106-0-23-5-Lionhead-Aerospace-Inc-Probes-and-Landers-Pack-updated

Download V1.1

v1-Release

v1.1-Removed Relective Shader modules as they where causing bugs

-Removed need for KM_Gimbal

-There are now no dependencies

This is a beta download, expect bugs, balance issues and possible save breaks. Download at your own risk. Please make sure you have correctly installed all the dependencies as this mod will not function without them. Please provide feedback so I can improve this mod and start work on v2 (Pegaus and Prometheus)

http://www./download/cv4tdenmrujwc39/Titan+Sciences+V1.1+Beta.rar

In game

Javascript is disabled. View full album

WIP

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Scarsz

Any chance of the Cygnus engine being split into two? In reality, it's two engines, not a single dual-chamber one. They reason for this would be mostly to provide roll control (using Dtobi's gimbals, stock might someday be able to do that). 100% size implies RSS ambitions, which means you'd want Dtobi's gimbals to be fully compatible with this.

Also, once you start making ATK stuff, you might also want to check out Athena series, HAPS and Super HAPS stages and the Taurus. It's all very "Kerbal" in that just by assembling the motors in various configurations, you can get a wide array of LVs.

Depending on when you're done with all this, I might be able to help you with testing.

Edited by Guest

Any chance of the Cygnus engine being split into two? In reality, it's two engines, not a single dual-chamber one. They reason for this would be mostly to provide roll control (using Dtobi's gimbals, stock might someday be able to do that). 100% size implies RSS ambitions, which means you'd want Dtobi's gimbals to be fully compatible with this.

Also, once you start making ATK stuff, you might also want to check out Athena series, HAPS and Super HAPS stages and the Taurus. It's all very "Kerbal" in that just by assembling the motors in various configurations, you can get a wide array of LVs.

Depending on when you're done with all this, I might be able to help you with testing.

If you mean the AJ26-62 engines then yeah I probability will. I'm not completely happy with the model anyway. I've never heard of Dtobi's KM-gimbal before today but it looks awesome. Makes me wonder why using Thrust Vectoring for rolling isn't stock. I really like the look of the ATK stages so if I have the motivation I'll make those at the end.

I'm not really sure when testing will start, probability a while, but I'll be sure to send you the test release. Thanks

MRW I saw Promethius:

:o

Yeah, I'm really exited to get it to work, however I can't work out how to get the center of lift to not be above the center of mass. All it does at the moment is flip out.

Yeah, I've been wondering how to make the engine have independent thrust vectoring, but I guess the only way is to split it. I'll look into it today. I might make some more ATK Solid rockets soon.

Edited by Rich

Holy...! Fantastic models and textures!:sealed: I really like the AJ 26 62, it looks very cool:)

Thanks! The AJ26-62 are now separate which allows independent thrust vectoring. They also now use the KM_Gimbal plugin. (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55985-0-23-5-13-June-Space-Shuttle-Engines-V1-4-1-Continuous-Improvement)20adf6191f.jpg

(5afbe5309a.jpg

Been messing around with Prometheus today. Finally got it to "fly" but the engines I'm going to give it are going to have to have some serious gimbal range to maintain any control. d6ff80dfac.jpg

I also did a little work on Cygnus, imported the Service Module and changed the shaders on the Pressurized modules. Will retexture them tomorrow.

dd2b4501c7.jpg

Rrrr...Cygnus is looking great!

But maybe you could make the service module texture a bit more metallic?

Thanks!

I can see what you mean. However the texture does look shinyer and more metallic when the light is shinying on it. But I will have another go at it tomorrow. Thanks for you feedback, always appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

24/07/2014

0eff878d3a.jpg

Cygnus extended with Castor and De-coupler.

Progress has been slow due to school but now the holidays have started I've got some free time.

Re-textured the Pressurized Modules which has made a bit of a difference.

Added the small engine the Cygnus uses and a De-coupler to fit it to the Castor.

Re-textured the AJ26-62 once more and updated the model.

f0f23110b2.jpg

And I've started work on the EAM parts. This image shows the crew compartment version which will be similar to the hitchhiker.

beb965275b.jpg

I wanted to have a test release today but the fairing base and solar panels are not cooperating.

• 2 weeks later...

02/08/2014

344e37c868.jpg

I am declaring Antares finished. While it might need some balancing all the parts are finished. Cygnus normal and enhanced are complete plus one of the EAM parts. I will make the last few EAM parts and then Cygnus is done.

4da92f62ca.jpg

Been fiddling around with Prometheus, and it already looks like a good start! If you'd like, there is some stuff I've noticed about it that I can share so it can be improved.

Great! I really appreciate any feedback. I did try splitting wings from the body but I got a lot of trouble getting them to fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the Antares and Cygnus are complete I've started on the Pegasus.

Progress is going well, with only the third stage and the wing left to model. I'm not sure weather to simply keep this an air launched rocket or make it a surface launched one. Anyway this is what I've got so far.8eb71f9384.pngdafa3d7283.png

Edited by Scarsz

Looks amazing!! I'm guessing the mini shuttle has no IVA? Are there plans for one?

Thanks! Currently there is no IVA, however there will be one that I will base on the Space Shuttle's glass cockpit.

I'm afraid not. I will get a test download up again soon but the prometheus proving to be is quite complicated. It will have a lot of firsts for me: IVA, landing gear and wing/lifting body so I have got a lot to learn. The Pegasus is in development at the moment and when that is done all my attention will be on Prometheus.

Note that the Cygnus Enhanced mission (ORB-4 and up) will carry the ATK circular solar arrays, while Demo and ORB-1 through -3 carry the three-panel Dutch Space arrays.

(Enhanced uses the large PCM, designed for significantly more cargo)

These arrays may be had in the Near Future Electrical pack, but I am not sure about the scaling relative to the service module. I suppose tweakscale could be used.

Note that the Cygnus Enhanced mission (ORB-4 and up) will carry the ATK circular solar arrays, while Demo and ORB-1 through -3 carry the three-panel Dutch Space arrays.

(Enhanced uses the large PCM, designed for significantly more cargo)

These arrays may be had in the Near Future Electrical pack, but I am not sure about the scaling relative to the service module. I suppose tweakscale could be used.

Yeah, I forgot about the pannels. I will need to get the normal cygnus solar pannels working soon but I don't really understand the hierarchy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.