Career, Sandbox, or Science?

G'th

Career, Sandbox, or Science?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Career, Sandbox, or Science?

• Career
    • Sandbox
    • Science! TM

I think Something is wrong with the poll..

Career

34 91.89%

Sandbox

7 18.92%

Science! TM

5 13.51%

Multiple Choice Poll.

91% + 18%+13% = 122%?

122% Of people on the forums voted on this! lol...

It's just like an old fashioned Chicago style election....."Vote early and vote often".

Am I the only person who just hasn't bothered to play this game in career mode? I enjoy dicking about in the Sandbox, and can't see that changing anytime soon.

Oh, i LOVE sandbox mode... To be honest, i build and test most of my craft in sandbox mode. Actually i have a sandbox save called "simulator" beside my career games all the time. I just find it boring to fly missions in sandbox. Nowadays because of missing science, in the future it will be even more rewarding to play career instead of sandbox. Reputation, funds and a reason to keep your green dudes save... What could be more challenging? I will for sure play with perma death on, too. Tension and rewards will be much higher.

Yeah, the number of votes is incorrect as well. 95 + 18 + 17 = 105. Somehow.

Interestingly, before I voted the same sum (94+18+17) equaled 104.

Edit:

Guys, it's a multiple choice poll....

Haha, woops!

I can't wait to go for contracts. I build everything in sandbox mode first though - I consider this product testing, and not real "gameplay".

Edited by Asmayus
forgetting that there was more than on type of poll

well career of course but i will may be using sience TM as my new test ground. After all, science TM as it is now is sand box with science :cool:

and techtree :P

I wonder how mod like kspinterstellar will adapt to that

Edited by Hary R

I think the only people to use science mode would be those playing with an old save or incompatible mods. I'm going to play career mode for my main save and sandbox for testing out stuff.

Edit: The totals count is really screwed up. Right now it says 117 + 21 + 17 = 128. :confused:

Edited by qazsedcft

Sandbox :- my main interest is in designing vehicles and they may not be required in career mode at the time I'm feeling inspired. If they are required in career mode then sandbox will still be my R&D environment.

Having said that, career mode will definitely get a fair share of my time as a proper 'system'. Science mode will continue to be just pointless unless you're desperate for an "end game" you can claim to have won.

Career all the way. Wont start anything new unless something breaks. If they revise the economic model later I can just say the economy shifted and keep going. Ever since my .17 save ended with all my missions going underground on the Mun in a later update ive been habitually restarting. More so with science and its changes. Now I hope to have my long term game again and stick with it.

I'll be sticking with sandbox until the game is actually released. I don't want to get burned out on the game before it is even finished.

That makes sense, though I'll be using Science Mode for my Sandbox -- I found it fun to have to do something to get access to better parts. Also teaches better ship designing since you have to work with a limited selection of parts and you can't just slap big fuel tanks to powerful engines and go. Plus, with all the new parts, I'd like to start over and learn the parts again.

Squad, I'm gonna be rained out of work today, maybe tomorrow as well, please give me something better to do than play the lag inducing update for BF4 that was released earlier this week.

FWIW, KSP 023.5, a supposed alpha quality game, is more stable and less buggy than Betafield 4. In hindsight, I'd have felt better giving Squad the $84 BF4+Premium cost me (Origin Christmas sale) over the $15 I paid for KSP (random Gamefly sale found on a Fark thread).

Career mode, had thought about using sandbox as R&D but since I want to go for realistic it all needs to be done in career. R&D costs money, failures happen. Hopefully budgets will make this challenging.