[0.24+][v0.3.0, 21 Jul] Tiny Cat Co. Plane Parts: New update - Fuselage system!

Naten

TCPP's goal is to add more wings, control surfaces and other aircraft parts to KSP. I hope that you like it, and have fun. I'll add as much as I can over time. Thanks. :)

(Warning! Not FAR compatible. Compatibility may possibly come soon.)

Please delete the old Naten folder if you've installed a previous version of the mod before placing the new one in your GameData folder. This prevents unwanted, and potentially glitchy, duplicate parts. Compatibility should be completely safe, and if I know it is save-breaking (and/or craft-breaking,), I will provide a legacy parts download. Thank you for your support! :)

The A1TC is a new model, and in the future, I may add a Firespitter-powered spinning fan. For now, though, its intake is simply a black, flat compressor face.

The A2TC is an older model, now it's re-config'd to fit with modern KSP.

All feedback is appreciated! Please tell me your every thought about this mod in a post here, so I can make the mod better based on your opinions. Thanks!

Parts and Features

-AF-1 Tapered Wing

-E1TC Turbofan

-E2TC Turbofan

-Inline Intake (like the old Engine Nancelle)

-Advanced Airframe (Fuselage)

-Advanced Airframe (Fuel)

-Advanced Airframe (Intake)

-Advanced Airframe (Fuselage, Short)

-Advanced Airframe (Fuel, Short)

Planned Features

-Better Aircraft Tail

-Inline Turbofan (Personal Jet, F-15, etc)

-Larger, Fueled Wings (as well as...)

-...More wings in general (tell me what kind you want in a post here (on the forum!) :) )

-Control Surfaces?

-Flight Spoilers?

-Flaps or Slats?

License:

Please do feel free to use these parts and assets in any non-commercial way. If you distribute the parts without change, do not edit the Author field(s) of the Part.cfg files you edit. Also, if you

redistribute the assets/parts, do not modify their license and use this one. If you change the parts or use a texture or model, give full credit to me for the original part/asset. You may publish your

edits if you obey these rules, but other than sharing reasons, do not redistribute the parts by themselves.

Edited by Naten

Now updated. Had some attach node problems with one of the [new] turbofans (I forgot which one... :() concerning Unity, KSP and Part.CFG's alike, but those are all resolved. The download has been updated, so download away! :D

-Naten :)

I see you've been busy, Naten. Good job. I could try to help you make all this stuff FAR-compatible. Right now I'm wrestling with the transition to 0.24... There's a lot of bugs and previously working mods are broken, especially Alchemy Technologies, which might be an abandoned mod now (for shame, I use those parts in virtually everything I build).

Nice Me-262 :)

Thank you. It's my favorite WW2 fighter, and my second favorite fighter (next to the Dassault Mirage III, which is the most awesome-looking plane evar).

I love me some modern realistic plane parts! Keep em coming!

Shameful request: F-18 Styled parts

F-18 styled parts. I had something like this in mind, don't worry, it's not something to be shameful of... :)

I may, in the future, do something like the F-18's fuselage. Something like a cross between a stock (and kinda bad/ugly) Mk2 fuselage and a Mk1 fuselage with side intakes. There will be a Mk1 adapter, a Mk1 adapter with 2 intakes on the sides, like the F-18, a fuel tank and structural piece, and a dual and single engine mount. The intake will have a cylinder-like mesh that is continued through the other parts before being an engine mount in the last part. :)

I see you've been busy, Naten. Good job. I could try to help you make all this stuff FAR-compatible. Right now I'm wrestling with the transition to 0.24... There's a lot of bugs and previously working mods are broken, especially Alchemy Technologies, which might be an abandoned mod now (for shame, I use those parts in virtually everything I build).

Hi once more! ^_^

I need you to make my parts balanced. You were really good at that. If you don't mind, can you do that again for this mod? It would be great if you could. Thanks,

(Thanks for all the feedback, I'm working on more of the fuselage parts, like I said! I'll start now, I actually haven't already. I'll be less lazy, I promise! :sticktongue:)

I finished the fuselage system. That was fast... :P

Like always, have fun with the new update! All feedback is appreciated, thanks! :D

Edited by Naten
Added "e" in "Natn"

I really like the parts offered so far. Many thanks. The Me-262 engines are seriously cool. I would like more wing types maybe some shorter ones like the F-104 Starfighter, not sure if that would actually work mind you. Some more cockpits that look more like real life aircraft would also be great with some two man variants.

Thanks to this mod my new plane flies great. I will be using these parts for my new SSTO project. Cheers. :)

65A84800BE4F0C7D7D8AEFCD4EAD44BB2A47BD3A

I really like the parts offered so far. Many thanks. The Me-262 engines are seriously cool. I would like more wing types maybe some shorter ones like the F-104 Starfighter, not sure if that would actually work mind you. Some more cockpits that look more like real life aircraft would also be great with some two man variants.

Thanks to this mod my new plane flies great. I will be using these parts for my new SSTO project. Cheers. :)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/54358977633205082/65A84800BE4F0C7D7D8AEFCD4EAD44BB2A47BD3A/

Thanks for the suggestion and compliment! Cheers to you, too! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've been wondering if it is possible to have a space program without any conventionally launched rockets and everything must be sent up using space planes. If you can think of ways to help this out with more parts, that would be awesome.

I've been wondering if it is possible to have a space program without any conventionally launched rockets and everything must be sent up using space planes. If you can think of ways to help this out with more parts, that would be awesome.

Katateochi did that, sort of. He did an SPH-plane-career playthrough, which is in Mission Reports. That was in 0.22 or 0.23 (maybe both, actually), I think, though, so no budgets. Still readworthy, so go check it out :D

Also, work on the mod has been halted indefinitely. I'm in a creative slump. :(

Naten, are you going to make any more additions to your clusterable clusterengine? Clustered surface-attach engines are perfectly compatible with the new interstage fairing part from Procedural Fairings, plus I've been on a roll lately doing RealFuels configs, I could contribute to your parts in that regard.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.