Contract with 4 requirements, can't complete?

I'm stumped. I have a part-test contract with 4 requirements:

1. Kerbin

2. Flying

3. Altitude range

4. Speed range

I've activated the part in question while within the ranges, I've had green checkboxes beside all 4 of them on the contract in the toolbar, but it never completes. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by lewisd
tags

Some parts have a "test" option in there right-click menu.

This. You need to make sure to either read the contract details before you accept, or read the "Note" in the VAB afterward for how to test. Some need to be activated by staging, others have a right click-"Run Test" feature

In the case of solid fuel and liquid fuel engines/boosters you ofter have to "activate" the part in question as a stage (i.e. with the spacebar) and NOT by throttle adjustments or right clicking the part and selecting "activate/deactivate." This means you will need to design a craft such that you fall within those procedurally generated ranges and are then able to "stage" the craft and cause the needed part to activate for the first time. I would imagine this will be adjusted/balanced in the coming weeks.

Hope this helps!

You need to activate the part while ALL four checkboxes are green, but some parts (engines come to mind) need to be tested - right click the part, and there will be a "run test" button which must be clicked while in the four-checkboxes range.

if there is no run test button and the stage has already been deployed,

make an empty stage below it and stage until it activates the target stage.

this counts as an activation and completes the contract.

if there is no run test button and the stage has already been deployed,

make an empty stage below it and stage until it activates the target stage.

this counts as an activation and completes the contract.

That would make it so much easier. :) Thanks. :)

Wow, thanks so much for the responses! I think I understand now. I thought the part (radial mount parachute in my case) just needed to be *active* within the criteria, not be *activated* (for the first time), or "run test". Thanks :)

yes i run into an similar problem. i knew i needed all the checkboxes.

But what is bad is you cant finish the tests when you activate via actiongroups. You need to activate via stage.

Squad should change it that the tests can be started also via actiongroups.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.