Bankrupt! No money, no available contracts!

Please help, there are no contracts available anymore and I dont have any money left ;.;.

Sz2uxiR.png

No, seriously, I hereby claim the achievement of bankruptcy. It was easier than expected :cool:.

edit: Whoops, wrong screenshot, still had science on the old one.

1. Accept all starting contracts.

2. Construct a rocket, very high costs (mine was 14k or so)

3. Launch and crash, before you reach 5000m

4. Research the next node using the 5 science.

5. Accept part testing contracts from mission control

6. repeat 2&3 until you run out of money.

Edited by Yemo

If you've just been launching and crashing things it makes sense that you don't have any contracts; you've been using them up faster than they've been generating.

Warping forward a day or so will refill the list.

Still, congratulations on running out of money :P

You can create new contracts in the debug menu. Or just start a new game. You lost. Oh well. It happens.

He didn't lost. He intentionally lead himself to bankruption - and achieved this goal. Sounds like a win to me.

I managed to bankrupt myself with my attempt to fill the contract "plant a flag on the Mun" .. my rocket was not cheap, and used up all my funds (started with around 250,000 - mission cost about 245,000) and I didnt even notice until almost out of kerbin's atmosphere. I reverted to VAB and focused on smaller contracts to build up more funds incase the mun landing fails.

Well, technically it is still impossible.

Since you cant go into debt, you can just cancel the active "test" contracts. You incur the failure root substractions, but since you dont have any roots to substract from, this is very limited.

After cancellation, the contracts are offered again and you recieve advances. Especially in the beginning of the game those advances might not be enough to launch a mission.

But you can cancel again until the advances of the newly regenerated contracts allow you to put a crew capsule on the launch pad/runway.

Then you collect science, unlock new parts and get new test missions which provide advances.

Still, this is on the border of being an exploit of the no debt mechanic.

SO the only way to go bankrupt is to it on purpose. I have more money then I can ever use already and I even had a bunch of mistakes. I really think they need to adjust the values for a lot of the missions and/or add much harder difficulty settings. I was hoping for there to be consequences and have to worry about a budget so far there is no way I can see anyone going bankrupt unless they force it like the OP or they really suck.

You d be surprised with what ideas people come up with.

For many games I ve seen even youtubers doing stuff I could hardly imagine, when they try out new games.

In games with map sizes they pick the largest ones and wonder why they are overwhelmed, if there is automation, they think they know better and then rant at the game for being too complex, with KSP, they build vessels with 20 parts as their first one and are surprised when it fails...

No, seriously, I hereby claim the achievement of bankruptcy. It was easier than expected :cool:.

Has anyone had this happen accidentally? Money is supposed to be important now, but I never look at my finances and am making money hand over fist. Seriously -- there needs to be a hard mode where either you get 10x less money or things cost 10x more.

Edit: Yeah, what Artophwar said:

I really think they need to adjust the values for a lot of the missions and/or add much harder difficulty settings.

This is funny, because I was about to post that I am swimming in money. I wanted to say I thought the money system needed to be tweaked, because at no time have I yet felt like I even have to pay any attention to how much I spend. I guess this is because I have some experience in the game though.

I'm sending my first manned mission to Duna. I've landed men on Mun and Minmus (1 manned mission each), and done several test launches and unmanned missions, and I've got $2.5 million.

I don't crash rockets though... if a rocket is going to crash, I hit escape and revert back to the design.

Edited by RocketBlam

I don't crash rockets though... if a rocket is going to crash, I hit escape and revert back to the design.

Thats probably the main issue.

We got used to the revert to save time, but it breaks the economy if you cant fail (just like in rl ;-)).

I managed to do it semi-legit. I've got 1000 whole funds and I've gotta test an SRB in orbit. I've got nothing to get me there for 1000 funds....

How'd I do it? I don't normally build rockets, I build spaceplanes. I have a very hard time making orbit with a rocket, so I tended to overbuild... And it bit me in the butt.

Lower your reputation less you get contracts, I think but 100% not sure. To lead yourself to bankruption you need to do this intentionally. Maybe later when you do Duna missions

For me game is to easy I currently play without quick save and load option, also all reverts are removed, so I don't have room for mistakes. Also I using TAC and Deadly Reentry

Still more then 700 000 credits, been to the mun and minimus, only one problem... Jeb......Jeb is dead