0.24 and saves.

You know, I'd rather not give up the career mode save I've been investing several months on, so are saves from 0.23.5 compatible with 0.24?

Is it possible to 'upgrade' 0.23.5 careers to the new contract system careers?

Are there any changes likely to break the various mods un-updated mods I rely heavily on?

I just updated to .24 ive completed some of the contract requirements before the update but it doesnt show completed and another issue i rsn into is at first when i got to the screen with all the buildings i could change my view like normal but when i went into the VAB and came out it became fixed view and i tried to figure out what was goin on but nothin i tried worked..plz help

0.24 is back compatible with 0.23.5 saves, but Harv warned about some progress not tracking appropriately on the contracts, though I haven't seen any reports of that yet.

The warning was, I believe, only for people who hadn't even gotten into orbit.

when it launched the game it said update so I clicked on it and its taking forever to update so maybe that's all I have to do? going to try that and see what happens but several of my MODS all have updated versions as well so I have no clue what Im doing with this so I may wipe it and start over so I know that Im good to go which will suck but Im not a computer guy

Is it possible to change my save file from career mode to science mode through editing it? I really don't wanna do contract side of things yet, however I'd like to focus on my current colonization and science stuff I've been doing for last several weeks. However with current update all I'm getting is that I cannot afford to launch my previously build vehicles...

As can be seen here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86739-0-24-RCS-Glitch-in-Career-Mode

I had some issues with RCS in career mode from before 0.24. I can not select RCS thrusters (and other parts) and it says I must unlock them... but I already have them unlocked.

You can fix this by going to the RnD Center and re-unlocking the individual parts. You have to click on the node (it will have a little green circle with the number of unlocked parts), and then click on the individual part. It will then ask you to confirm; click Yes and the the part is unlocked again.

This is caused because the parts were moved into a different node from 0.23.5.

Is it possible to change my save file from career mode to science mode through editing it? I really don't wanna do contract side of things yet, however I'd like to focus on my current colonization and science stuff I've been doing for last several weeks. However with current update all I'm getting is that I cannot afford to launch my previously build vehicles...

Yes it is. Please see my tutorial on the subject here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.