[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

New issue or old one?

First time I installed and used the Exploration pack (even in a fresh ksp-install). Only other "major" mods are Firespitter and Hooligan Airship stuff. Everything else is stuff like MechJeb, Editorextensions, RCS Build Aid, HyperEdit, KerbalJointReinforcements, etc.

First time I installed and used the Exploration pack (even in a fresh ksp-install). Only other "major" mods are Firespitter and Hooligan Airship stuff. Everything else is stuff like MechJeb, Editorextensions, RCS Build Aid, HyperEdit, KerbalJointReinforcements, etc.

Meaning, did it work before now it's wonky? If it has always been wonky re-install ExpPack from a fresh download.

Awesome little command pod, even better than it looked in the preview pictures. Really wish there weren't the dependencies on the community resources and all that, I'm too drunk to figure out why the little AES engines don't seem to want to draw IntakeAtm or why that should even be a requirement, but I really only wanted the pod anyway. Awesome models

Awesome little command pod, even better than it looked in the preview pictures. Really wish there weren't the dependencies on the community resources and all that, I'm too drunk to figure out why the little AES engines don't seem to want to draw IntakeAtm or why that should even be a requirement, but I really only wanted the pod anyway. Awesome models

You just answered your own question - it's those dependencies that make it work, and why it can fly on Eve ;) If it's not working just re-install all of the bits and you'll be fine.

You just answered your own question - it's those dependencies that make it work, and why it can fly on Eve ;) If it's not working just re-install all of the bits and you'll be fine.

I dunno, I guess I was thick somewhere about downloading it, but twice I've gotten it off the link in the OP and twice I've gotten little engines that refuse to work because the intake is for IntakeAir while the engine requires IntakeAtm. I edited the cfg for the engine so that it intakes IntakeAtm rather than Air and it works fine. I also don't see any sign of a micro decoupler as mentioned in the OP, so I imagine I just managed to download an outdated version or something.

Interesting - would be curious as the only thing that changed was the part size (all of the bits are the same).

I can confirm the same. I had to nuke my packrat from the tracking station due to huge FPS loss at my Mun base. Once I did I built a new one (had an unbuilt rover in the MKS storage bases) and it works fine.

Not sure if this is a "bug" but I would let you know. This is a new KAS assembled packrat. The seat looks slightly more "squished" under the roof rack. As a result when I leave the seat now I glitch on top of the rover. It has not caused any exploding or kraken issues. it's just different than before when I would leave the seat and basically just be standing on top of the seat itself

VfHFE3V.png

Hi Rover

amazing mod, having fun with it on kerbin already.

I am having a problem loading it into the cargo bay of my S2 wide chassis cargo bay, even with its delivery system.

Am i missing something?

In the SPH, i have assembled the packrat, with its delivery cradle, and made it as a subassembly, but it wont stick to the cargo bay, and if it does, when i want to drop it, it falls apart... ;.;

Can anyone shed some light on what im dealing with here, or can I only assemble it using KAS?

It is possible i am just being a ......, though :P

Thanks in advance

Regards

The Gecko

Not sure if this is a "bug" but I would let you know. This is a new KAS assembled packrat. The seat looks slightly more "squished" under the roof rack. As a result when I leave the seat now I glitch on top of the rover. It has not caused any exploding or kraken issues. it's just different than before when I would leave the seat and basically just be standing on top of the seat itself

http://i.imgur.com/VfHFE3V.png

Yep known issue. What that is is a collider that keeps them from breaking their necks if the Rover flips. A bit inelegant but a temporary measure till I make a new command seat

I dunno, I guess I was thick somewhere about downloading it, but twice I've gotten it off the link in the OP and twice I've gotten little engines that refuse to work because the intake is for IntakeAir while the engine requires IntakeAtm. I edited the cfg for the engine so that it intakes IntakeAtm rather than Air and it works fine. I also don't see any sign of a micro decoupler as mentioned in the OP, so I imagine I just managed to download an outdated version or something.

And when you installed you moved no directories, you installed all of the stuff in that ZIP (there are several directories), you overwrote all files? Oh... and you're on KSP 0.24.2?

Hi Rover

amazing mod, having fun with it on kerbin already.

I am having a problem loading it into the cargo bay of my S2 wide chassis cargo bay, even with its delivery system.

Am i missing something?

In the SPH, i have assembled the packrat, with its delivery cradle, and made it as a subassembly, but it wont stick to the cargo bay, and if it does, when i want to drop it, it falls apart... ;.;

Can anyone shed some light on what im dealing with here, or can I only assemble it using KAS?

It is possible i am just being a ......, though :P

Thanks in advance

Regards

The Gecko

hmm, should work just fine fully assembled. Not familiar with the form factor of the S2 though, I'm spoiled by Honeybadgers for freight at this point ;)

Meaning, did it work before now it's wonky? If it has always been wonky re-install ExpPack from a fresh download.

Will try a fresh download. For me it has always been wonky, as it was the first installation of the mod :D

Edit: I now deinstalled all RoverMods (inluding Karbonite) and just reinstalled the Exploration Pack. The other mods (Firespitter, for example) were untouched.

That, for whatever reason, did the trick. Didn't even redownload it o.O

Anyway... I'm kinda "overwhelmed" by the ducted fans (and Firespitter electric stuff)... How the hell am I supposed to power those things? :D

I made an AES with 4 Generators (and 4 Karbonite-Kans) and they still didn't produce enough electricity for 5 fans. They also usually only made 5 out of 10 MW.

Edited by cy-one

Anyway... I'm kinda "overwhelmed" by the ducted fans (and Firespitter electric stuff)... How the hell am I supposed to power those things? :D

I made an AES with 4 Generators (and 4 Karbonite-Kans) and they still didn't produce enough electricity for 5 fans. They also usually only made 5 out of 10 MW.

You can use NFT Electrical.

I personally don't like the complex behavior with capacitors and waste heat, though, so I simply added an USI_Converter to a part (old reactor model from Gaius Goodspeed) which happily chews EnrichedUranium and spits out up to 400 Ec/s.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.