Impossible contracts.

electronicfox

I bet Danny could complete that one.

Anyways, probably the most impossible contract I've gotten so far is "Test Advanced TurboJet Engine on the Mun." Though I think it'll be possible.

To test engines they only need to be activated, not actually provide any thrust so that one is possible. Just seems the eggheads in R&D dont quite understand the need for an atmosphere with atmospheric engines. (I tested a basic jet engine without any intakes so I know this can be done)

I bet Danny could complete that one.

Anyways, probably the most impossible contract I've gotten so far is "Test Advanced TurboJet Engine on the Mun." Though I think it'll be possible.

I'm pretty sure that's possible. If you can get the turbojet to the Mun, it's just a matter of activating it. Launch clamps, meanwhile, rarely leave the launchpad.

I love the new update, it has got me playing again, and working out newer, cheaper designs. However, I've come across an impossible contract and wondered if others have found anything just as absurd.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rnr5y-RtDvc/U8prthK7ksI/AAAAAAAADlQ/TCKF93z9VsY/s1600/whut.JPG

lol, I was wondering if this would come up. There is the extraplanetary mod (if it's still around...i havent used it) I think it's called. It basically allows you to "launch" from a platform you land on the moon. It spawns launch clamps, so that might be an option...id you really wanted to do it.

Yeah, clearly the contracts system has a few issues to work out. Testing the TT18-A on any other planetary body is clearly impossible. With the jets, it's possible at least to get the part to the body in question.

Just wait until you get the contract to test the launch clamps while flying over kerbin in 20km height and 500 m/s speed. Talking about impossible :)

i think landing a launch clamp on the Mun is harder than flying it.

cos... you know...if you have to land it on the mun, you have to had flown it.

and... try not to sound smart before you know what you are talking about.

TT18-A is the launch clamp

Edited by lammatt

Just wait until you get the contract to test the launch clamps while flying over kerbin in 20km height and 500 m/s speed. Talking about impossible :)

Or "Test TT18-A stability enhancers landed on Jool".

I think there may be a few insane CEOs.

You might not have to accept these contracts. You'd probably be so rich lategame that you don't need some extra insane contracts.

yes, i think the same way too.

impossible contracts are ok, if you think that way.

or...

you can even think they are crocks aiming at you who accept jobs brainlessly and then proceed to claim $$ when you fail the task.

Edited by lammatt

I love the new update, it has got me playing again, and working out newer, cheaper designs. However, I've come across an impossible contract and wondered if others have found anything just as absurd.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rnr5y-RtDvc/U8prthK7ksI/AAAAAAAADlQ/TCKF93z9VsY/s1600/whut.JPG

"We're going to need a bigger VAB"

i think landing a launch clamp on the Mun is harder than flying it.

cos... you know...if you have to land it on the mun, you have to had flown it.

and... try not to sound smart before you know what you are talking about.

TT18-A is the launch clamp

Well I didn't mean the flying the launchclamp parts. I merely meant to test launch clamps while flying at high speed. I do think from a logical point of view, testing launch clamps at high speed in an atmosphere is probably harder than testing launch clamps on the mun surface.

If you make a really long ship, I suppose it could poke the surface of the Mun. For a brief amount of time, you would be "landed" on the Mun and Kerbin simultaneously.

lol... poke

i like your choice of word.

but no.

a space ladder/elevator/tower/howeveryoucallit is not physically possible in 2014 (aka this year)

If you make a really long ship, I suppose it could poke the surface of the Mun. For a brief amount of time, you would be "landed" on the Mun and Kerbin simultaneously.

Nice one. I just tried to imagine that. 2 things come to my mind.

1. That ship may have more gravity than Kerbin itself, so Kerbin would orbit around your ship :)

2. Kerbin would probably be hollow by then anyway, or where did they get all the recources to build such a huge ship?

TBH it is possible to lauch and have the launchclamp still attached to the vehicle, true without some weird silly insanse tricks its bordering indead impossible, but i happen to have had on a few crazy failing occasions the clamp kept attached to the vehicle on launch..

Having that said, needless to say the flight ofc never made it into orbin, and just left a nice crater into the surface.

Bringing it into Orbit or even to the mun well, yeah, i doubt its possible without any cheating, or you need a very weird design i TBH cannot think of how it could even be done.

Allthough i getting a feel of a challenge here...

TBH it is possible to lauch and have the launchclamp still attached to the vehicle, true without some weird silly insanse tricks its bordering indead impossible, but i happen to have had on a few crazy failing occasions the clamp kept attached to the vehicle on launch..

Having that said, needless to say the flight ofc never made it into orbin, and just left a nice crater into the surface.

Bringing it into Orbit or even to the mun well, yeah, i doubt its possible without any cheating, or you need a very weird design i TBH cannot think of how it could even be done.

Allthough i getting a feel of a challenge here...

Really.... hmmm. I have almost 1000 hours in the game and it's never happened to me.

Even if it were remotely possible due to a bug, they wouldn't create a contract scenario that required the game to bug out to fulfill it.

Edited by RocketBlam

Back when the... um... shoot I can't reme- OH, yeah, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement was a sort of must-have for me (It's been so long I've forgotten about it) I think that if you fired up with enough thrust you could wrench the launch clamps off of the pad. I don't know if it was the glitch, or KJR, but it would solve this.