Are you kidding? Test TT18-A launch stability enhancer at moon.

a8202286

I did that one time and the damn game kept putting Jeb in the command pod, which I noticed when the new guy couldn't get into the pod. In the end I stacked the pods and decoupled at 750m for a soft landing.

You can go to the crew tab in the VAB and take him out before you launch.

Any of you guys get the rescue a kerbal in orbit mission when you only have a one man pod unlocked?

The mission says you have to bring back that one Kerbal. It does say you can't leave another one up there, so you can just switch places and still get all the funds and rep.

Or, you know, you could stack two pods.

The mission says you have to bring back that one Kerbal. It does say you can't leave another one up there, so you can just switch places and still get all the funds and rep.

Exactly what I did, it's not like a second pod adds that much cost.

An alternative which seems to get ignored a lot is a probe core + pod combo. The probe core can guide it up empty, and return with the kerbal. And if Jeb hops in like a jerk, you can always do that 'leave him up there' bit. Heh.

Stayputnik is extremely light, and can mount on the nose of the mk1 pod if you have radial 'chutes.

I really do wish though that structurally integrated probes were available a lot earlier (like the Remote Guidance Units)..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.