Boeing CST-101 [0.24 only]

DUE TO THE CHANGES MADE IN 0.24.1 THE SHIP ENGINES DOES NOT HAVE THE PROPER SIZE. STAY UP FOR AN UPDATE COMING SOON.

Introducing the all-new 2014 Boeing CST-101 exploration vessel. Expanding your space traveling reach for you.

1svkxBo.png

MAIN DESCRIPTION

Once again, here at Dieguscus Corp. we have managed to develop a vessel capable of the transport of several crew members among the stars. The all-new 2014 Boeing CST-101 is based on it's real counterpart, same as Project Orion. This vessel has capacity for 3 crew members and serves as life-vest in case of emergency of your own space station. The propulsion system has been redesigned to accommodate to the new purposes of the career, with the new RCS engine technology. The O-10 Monopropellant Engines serves as the main control method for the vessels but if you need some extra thrust you can always help yourself with the Vernor Engines located at the bottom of the craft. Last but not least, is also equipped with four blocks of LV-1R Liquid Fuel Engines, each with five of those motors just for extra maneuverability.

Also equipped with action groups:

• Press 1 to activate/deactivate the four main 0-10 Monopropellant Engines.
  • Press 2 to activate/deactivate the Vernor engines.
  • Press 0 to expulsate the Scape Tower once your middle stage has reached its end.

ADDITIONAL SPECS

• Total cost: 117,608 FFunds.
  • Total mass: 150,867Kg.
  • ISP value: 318s.
  • Amount of thrust: 2,800kN.
  • Total amount of DELTA-V: 2,255m/s.

Just like Project Orion, once your mission is done and you are on a low Kerbin orbit, the Crew Module will detach from the Engine Block and will carry the crew to land.

PRODUCT IMAGES

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Important Info:

Please note that although the Crew Module and the Engine Block are separate pieces they keep linked by some decouplers and sometimes when you try to separate both parts in space may not result until you enter in the atmosphere so keep in mind that it can malfunction for several minutes. But not everything are worries! The kerbals will stay in great shape and you can even think about this way of decoupling as a celebration... (because of the explosions).

:D ENJOY! :D

(Tested with several crew members. 89,7% of mission succeed. All tests were done in closed areas and performed by non-trained stuntmans. Dieguscus.Corp does not responsibilice for future injures or deads.)

Edited by Dieguscus

Awesome! I remember your Orion MPCV, that was amazing! This is great as well. :)

One other thing: I think Boeing re-arranged the RS-88 (I think that's what they are?) engine set-up on the CST-100. Check out 3:59 of this video they recently put up.

Edited by Woopert

Awesome! I remember your Orion MPCV, that was amazing! This is great as well. :)

One other thing: I think Boeing re-arranged the RS-88 (I think that's what they are?) engine set-up on the CST-100. Check out 3:59 of this video they recently put up.

I'm glad you remember the Orion craft. Also about the video, yeah it seems they arranged them in a new position, I didn't notice about that since this craft designed was made a long time ago, just updated yesterday with the new 0.24 parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing! I really like how this looks. Does it dock OK?

It docks like a charm :D Why don't you give it a try?

Edited by Dieguscus

I'm glad you remember the Orion craft. Also about the video, yeah it seems they arranged them in a new position, I didn't notice about that since this craft designed was made a long time ago, just updated yesterday with the new 0.24 parts.

- - - Updated - - -

It docks like a charm :D Why don't you give it a try?

I won't have time for quite a while, but once I do, I'll be all over this!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.