Contract: Plant a flag on Jool

Looks like a procedurally generated contract with a minor flaw in the coding (I say minor, if you even attempt this it'd be pretty major).

Guess so.. although i have seen som youtube clips of people managing to plant flags. Its always a one way trip though. But how can you measure a kerbals life?

With an LV-N, a one way mission is possible with this ship

NCZOsRY.jpg

cnkZ5nm.jpg

You will just have to determine if it is worth it to send a Kerbal on a suicide mission. After all, you can always decline to accept such a contract.

Thanks for answers guys. I guess some kerbonauts will have to draw straws tonight

I suggest you use unmanned probes to scout the 'surface' of Jool for locations that allow landing, and once you find one, note its altitude. Then, quicksave (recommended) and send your bravest Kerbonaut down in a ship capable of landing there (perhaps furnish for a layer of sacrifical landing parts?) and plant the flag.

Then hire Danny2462 to get your Kerbonaut back into space xD

With an LV-N, a one way mission is possible with this ship

http://i.imgur.com/NCZOsRY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cnkZ5nm.jpg

You will just have to determine if it is worth it to send a Kerbal on a suicide mission. After all, you can always decline to accept such a contract.

nice.. you got all the way down with no explotions and untimely deaths?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.