A possible space plane redesign in our future?

Aethon

New models and reworking the Mk line according to the devnotes.

Aw, I liked the older models more.

On the other hand, that one seems to have the frond ending in an attachment node, like the MkII Cockpit, but this one seems to be probe-sized(i.e. 615cm or so). So, perhaps that model is a MkIV Cockpit?

I hope the Mk1 and Mk2 cockpits don't get a model overhaul. The Mk1 already has a great IVA and the Mk2 has Sam Hall's IVA mod which is brilliant so they don't need too much change. The Mk2 could use it's own official IVA though. The Mk3 could probably see some change. The entire Mk3 system is kinda useless.

Something which unlike the current mkI & mkII cockpits, will not look like some weird advanced alien technology? I'm all for that.

I wouldn't mind a replacement for the mkIII either, I think the current one just doesn't look good.

Hype train like speculation : Escape pod for the mk cockpits??

the two cross-sections of wings makes me hope it's a review of in-game aerodynamics but that's a desperate shot in the dark at best.

can anyone enhance those browser tabs?

Look like a mk3 replacement,

which is great cause that thing needed a massive overhaul - though I wouldn't mind if it's something new either. :)

Current mk1 and 2 parts are nice, they fit the game well, but Mk3 are IMHO at the point beyond repair - should be scrapped and re-thought from ground up.

Looks like a hotdog to me.

That's what it was. They were discussing lunch.

which is great cause that thing needed a massive overhaul - though I wouldn't mind if it's something new either. :)

Current mk1 and 2 parts are nice, they fit the game well, but Mk3 are IMHO at the point beyond repair - should be scrapped and re-thought from ground up.

I was thinking it looked like the inline mk2

Edited by Alshain

In all seriousness, why can't Squad go the route Mojang went with Minecraft and just license high-profile mods as part of the stock game as they saw fit? I doubt many modders would argue, and adding FAR (or the newer NEAR) to the stock game would be easier than completely rebuilding the aerodynamic model they've got now, assuming that's ever planned. The work's already done, they just need to approach the modders.

But I guess the game isn't even feature-finished yet, so picking up mods and refining existing elements is further down the road anyway.

How does it look like a Mk3 replacement? The Mk3 is a shuttle, so replacing it with a fighter-style cockpit doesn't make much sense.

That looks pretty much like a redesign for the inline one-seater cockpit. And much-needed it is; the current one has some issues, not the least of which being that it's trial-and-error to even figure out which side is the crew hatch since it's not very clearly marked.

Aw, I liked the older models more.

On the other hand, that one seems to have the frond ending in an attachment node, like the MkII Cockpit, but this one seems to be probe-sized(i.e. 615cm or so). So, perhaps that model is a MkIV Cockpit?

No, No - don't quote me that way - I hate these pointless speculation threads. I was pointing people at the dev notes. Anything else your crystal balls may tell you is ... sorry to break it to you ... ........ (testing here to see what the censors make of the word for 'heretical priests')

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.