How does the repuation meter work exactly?

I've started taking missions that give 500 - 600 repuation points, but I'm not sure how that relates to the Rep-meter. It almost looks like the green portion of it is 0 to 75, with the blue one going 75 - 100, and beyond that the blue stripes. But that can't be right because I finished two of those multi-hundred point missions and I'm still not in the stripes part of it yet.

Also, this may seem silly but... where do I see the numerical total for my reputation? The meter sort of shows it, but can you check the actual numbers anywhere?

Edited by PTNLemay

Maybe the meter is logarithmic like the VSI and, therefore, almost as useless.
That´s my assumption as well, considering the fact that the stripes on the meter get larger (or rather, the reputation range is divided into subranges ... eaxch with a higher multiplication factor (whereas the numbers within the subrages follow a linear progression) ... for example: Range 1 = Multiplication factor 1 -> 10 stripes, with each stripe represenation a width of 1 (->- range = 1-10) ... Range 2 = Multiplication factor of 2 -> Range goes from 11-30 with each stripe representing a value of 2 ... and so on)

I find the rep meter pretty bizarre. I completed a contract worth nearly 2000 rep and many contracts in the hundreds and my rep seems to be fixed at 971. Whatever I do, it doesn't increase.

I'm not entirely sure how it affects gameplay either. I assume it determines the contracts that are available, but that seems to be it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.