Teamviewer and skype tutorials

Coupon

Back when I was learning to play KSP, I asked lots of questions on this forum. And without the people that answered questions, I wouldn't be as good as KSP, so I want to return the favor. What I want to do is KSP lessons via skype or teamviewer. Teamviewer is an application that lets others remote access your computer, but it's not as dangerous as it sounds, it has many security measures. This way, we both can share the same KSP and look at it together, which sounds fun. If you are scared, you can use the KSP on my computer, but I will make it restricted so you can only see the screen, not change it. Teamviewer has an in built chat.

So if you are a total KSP newb, I can show you how to do anything from get in orbit, to going to other planets. Contact me on skype, my skype is coupon1234.

Also, since some people think teamviewer is unsecure, if you're scared, we can just do a skype call that shows my screen, so you can follow along my KSP as you play on your KSP, and you can ask questions.

Edited by Coupon

That's actually a really good idea. I suggest you test the waters with a friend who wants to learn KSP.

Problem is that I don't know anyone in real life that would enjoy KSP... if you showed KSP to the average person, they would laugh at you and go back to playing COD black ops.

But yea, does anyone want to do this?

Problem is that I don't know anyone in real life that would enjoy KSP... if you showed KSP to the average person, they would laugh at you and go back to playing COD black ops.

But yea, does anyone want to do this?

I know your problem... It has a very specific audience...

Also, since some people think teamviewer is unsecure, if you're scared, we can just do a skype call that shows my screen, so you can follow along my KSP as you play on your KSP, and you can ask questions.

I also think this is a very good idea... and if I had a better 'net connection than my current mobile phone, I would join you in offering this service!

Original post could be edited to include others who would like to be involved, and give contact details for Skype and Teamviewer (Both are really secure 1 to 1 sessions, and I think in Teamviewer you can set it to 'view only mode' or something, so files and things are secure :) )

Good idea, though I'm not sure how many people would need this, it's always good if you can help someone.

As for people who aren't sure about Teamviewer:

The receptionist can take control of his computer at any time, and break connection whenever he wants (your mouse input overwrites the remote guy's mouse input)

• 2 months later...

I've been watching a few live twitch sessions that squad have been doing or manley and was tempted to do something too. This got me thinking though - how about a masterclass - have a few twitch sessions at different times - you can play kerbal and answer peoples questions at the same time - it also then allows several people to follow you - i think teamviewer will only allow one to one connections?

Hi,

I like the idea here, but I suspect that the main issue would be that the people who need 'the basics' won't yet be so much on the forums, and/or won't be familiar and comfortable with teamviewer.

Twitch could be one route to go, though the setup overhead at the broadcaster end might be too high. A lower bar to entry and alternative to skype could be to use google hangouts and screen-share that way? Plus you'd get voice with the other players.

Just my 2p anyway.

Timmers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.