Offering Assistance

PixelClef

Greetings.

I've recently been introduced to KSP and am interested in providing help toward a mod project. If you have a project that could benefit, I'd be interested in opening a discussion with you. Any interest in my offer is certainly going to generate a raft of questions - I completely expect this. Due to my lack of experience, I have no idea what those questions might be, or I'd try to offer answers up front.

For now, I present a brief skill list:

• 3D modeling and texturing
  • Typography and production art
  • Programming

My goals in this offer are to discover if I have any possibility myself of developing a mod for KSP. Toward that end, I am willing to provide help so that, through the course of providing assistance, I might learn enough to find out.

If you have modeling skills, we'd love to have folks add stuff to Karbonite :) Link in my sig (or, likely, on the first page of this forum),

(EDIT)

And I will happily handle the Unity bit if you're just comfy with a modeling and texturing tool.

What if instead of helping a project or two you write tutorials and help everybody at once?

I mean, yeah, there are tutorials around, but if you look at them, it seems the KSP modding community has something with (against?) tutorials as most of them are either incomplete or outdated.

I would make a few myself but I have the constant fear I'm not going to teach the correct techniques and such, because my methods are obviously not the best.

Love that idea, PDCWolf. Totally agree that a well written, step-by-step documented process would be a fantastic resource.

My first step, however, would be developing those processes! My apologies if that wasn't clear.

Love that idea, PDCWolf. Totally agree that a well written, step-by-step documented process would be a fantastic resource.

My first step, however, would be developing those processes! My apologies if that wasn't clear.

Loud and clear. Good luck with your projects!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.