KSP Plugin Songs! (Current Song: SUN)

BagelRabbit

Minmus' theme is really nice, it fits with its' crystal-like surface and enviorment. Have some rep!

Also, will you do a theme for Kerbin? In my opinion, it should be fairly upbeat and cheerful, considering how Kerbin is the starting point to a whole new adventure to other planets. :P However, don't make it too active, because it should also be fitting for airplane explorations.

The awesome is too much! Once again terrific work, Upsilon. Your music never ceases to amaze me! :D
so awesome some times the ksp community blows my mind
This sounds great! I love the idea! ... does the plugin happen to be already available for download?

Thanks for all of the love :) The plugin hasn't even started production, so far as I know. Blizzy78 might be dong something behind my back though.

I'm loving these songs (I come back and listen every Saturday). I know space is dark and mysterious, but could you do a song that has a peppy vibe to it? That would be very nice!

I've been massively inspired by music from the flash game Flight, and want do something kinda similar to this for either JOOL or (more likely) KERBIN. It's cheery and peppy and absolutely brilliant, IMO...

Minmus' theme is really nice, it fits with its' crystal-like surface and enviorment. Have some rep!

Also, will you do a theme for Kerbin? In my opinion, it should be fairly upbeat and cheerful, considering how Kerbin is the starting point to a whole new adventure to other planets. :P However, don't make it too active, because it should also be fitting for airplane explorations.

I'm probably going to do two different versions of KERBIN: One for "Landed" (at your eventual destination) and one for "In Atmosphere." The former will be a happy little triumphant thing that plays briefly and then stops, the latter will likely be like the aforementioned Flight soundtrack, in that it can be repeated without ever growing old. Maybe a little less lively though.

Thanks for all of the great feedback! You guys are the best.

Thanks for all of the love :) The plugin hasn't even started production, so far as I know. Blizzy78 might be dong something behind my back though.

I've been massively inspired by music from the flash game Flight, and want do something kinda similar to this for either JOOL or (more likely) KERBIN. It's cheery and peppy and absolutely brilliant, IMO...

http://youtu.be/ySER3OT5etg

I'm probably going to do two different versions of KERBIN: One for "Landed" (at your eventual destination) and one for "In Atmosphere." The former will be a happy little triumphant thing that plays briefly and then stops, the latter will likely be like the aforementioned Flight soundtrack, in that it can be repeated without ever growing old. Maybe a little less lively though.

Thanks for all of the great feedback! You guys are the best.

Anything inspired by that music you linked from Flight sounds like it's "busy". I think a song with that kind of fast pace and dotted instrumentation would fit more specifically with Kerbal Space Center, rather than just "Landed". You listen to it and you can just imagine all the little guys in the VAB and SPH running around all over the space center, vehicles darting back and forth. It just sounds like hustle and bustle of a busy space center to me. That's the feel I would go for if I were you, my opinion anyway. Really it sounds a lot like the Santa's workshop themes from [insert just about any Christmas movie featuring Santa's workshop here].

Jool, being an analogue of Jupiter, the largest of the known planets, to me I would feel heavy deep brass. Tuba, Trombone, and Euphonium. Of course, that may be my affection for Holst talking.

Edited by Alshain

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a lot of information.

First off:

MOHO IS OUT!

(yes, MOHO. I don't really know why I did that one either.)

It's maybe the most unique piece I've done. Also, you should probably turn the volume down about halfway through, because it gets a little loud.

Here you go!

...and have a Download Link!

Alright. Now that the excitement has died down a little: :wink:

Anything inspired by that music you linked from Flight sounds like it's "busy". I think a song with that kind of fast pace and dotted instrumentation would fit more specifically with Kerbal Space Center, rather than just "Landed". You listen to it and you can just imagine all the little guys in the VAB and SPH running around all over the space center, vehicles darting back and forth. It just sounds like hustle and bustle of a busy space center to me. That's the feel I would go for if I were you, my opinion anyway. Really it sounds a lot like the Santa's workshop themes from [insert just about any Christmas movie featuring Santa's workshop here].

Jool, being an analogue of Jupiter, the largest of the known planets, to me I would feel heavy deep brass. Tuba, Trombone, and Euphonium. Of course, that may be my affection for Holst talking.

This is probably true. I'm not entirely sure that I view JOOL being deep brass, but I can definitely see where you're coming from. (Just listened to all of The Planets last week.)

By the way, this has been bugging me for a while: If you really are a smartS, you would probably know that 'lifes' is spelled with an apostrophe. You really should change this. :)

Really nice music, but... the music of Moon?

Gonna do MUN next. I was going to do it this go around... but then I decided against it. I think I need to work on the theme a little bit more.

Great work! :)

Thanks, BriX! Welcome back to the Forums. We missed you.

Great work! This should definitely be in the game if the music ever switches when you are in a certain SOI, if not hopefully a mod like that. :D

The entire point of this music is to eventually get into a plugin for the game. This plugin may be implemented into the final game (like SP+ was) but that is for the devs to decide, later. :)

Wow! Really great soundtracks, I can't wait for the plugin to get underway.

Neither can I! I suppose I'm a step closer to having it done now though.

CURRENT LIST OF PLANETS:

(red indicates not-done, green indicates done. I'm going to work on more planet and moon music after the completion of the initial plugin, but I'm just getting the bare bones down now.)

KERBOL

MOHO

EVE

KERBIN

MUN

MINMUS

DUNA

DRES

JOOL

EELOO

So all in all, about half done. I'll pick up the pace a little, as I want to have this music done by the year's end.

PEOPLE HELPING, AND WHAT THEY'LL PROBABLY HELP WITH:

Ival70: Harmonica (MUN [i think])

14 of 18: Tenor Trombone (JOOL, MUN [maybe])

AvronMullican: Piano (EELOO)

General Rarity: Suggestions (unless the cello is fixed)

...and, of course:

Avera9eJoe: Percussion (MUN, JOOL)

Sorry for this absolute load of information. Thanks for reading this :)

-Upsilon

• 5 weeks later...

Hello!

Great music there, really! Subscribing to you and to this thread :)

I'm a composer myself, and I actually wanted to write a piece of music for every planet "a la Holst" before seeing your thread^^

If you need a musician I play the clarinet and the guitar, I can put my hands on an alto sax and if you need a trumpet or a flute, well, give me a call!

Having only listened to DUNA on the other thread, before being distracted for a few months - holy wowzers! This stuff is really good! Its come on leaps and bounds. Can't wait to hear the Mun!

As a complete luddite, how do I get this stuff into my audio files if I download it? I need this in my game...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm done with the SUN (aka Kerbol, but I'm calling it the Sun because the game does.)

I'm probably going to forward this over to Avera9eJoe for percussion, and then see how it sounds from there :)

Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think :)

And now, it's time to answer some questions...

~~~

Hello!

Great music there, really! Subscribing to you and to this thread :)

I'm a composer myself, and I actually wanted to write a piece of music for every planet "a la Holst" before seeing your thread^^

If you need a musician I play the clarinet and the guitar, I can put my hands on an alto sax and if you need a trumpet or a flute, well, give me a call!

Hi Rufus! I saw some of your music on your thread, as you well know. Really great stuff.

I'll have to find some song that needs some brass. Maybe JOOL would be best for that.

Moho eh? Not bad. Moho makes me think of the Goron music from Zelda, or it would have if they had kept the idea of it having lava on it all all that.

Yep. I tried to capture Moho's heat, and also its general weirdness. Even after 0.90 came out, it's still not very normal.

Having only listened to DUNA on the other thread, before being distracted for a few months - holy wowzers! This stuff is really good! Its come on leaps and bounds. Can't wait to hear the Mun!

As a complete luddite, how do I get this stuff into my audio files if I download it? I need this in my game...

I think once the music is all done, Blizzy is going to work with Upsilon to make a plugin so each song plays for the right planet.

Yep, Ival's right. I'm not actually sure that Blizzy is still planning on inserting the music when it's all done, but we'll see.

Upsilon do you have plans to develop that music a bit more?

I'm probably going to tweak all of the pieces before they're published into the mod, at least a little.

Edit1: I just re-read the op, and figured out why "sun" wasn't there, nevermind then.

Edit2: I just read the previous page and found out your next piece will be "mun", nevermind then.

I pledge to continue to plug this thread anytime a music suggestion pops up in the suggestions forum.

Edited by r4pt0r

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.