The Matrix/Personality test poll. Red pill or blue pill? Truth or ignorance?

Apotheosist

Red pill or blue pill? Terrifying truth or continued blissful ignorance?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Red pill or blue pill? Terrifying truth or continued blissful ignorance?

• Hard cold truth
    • Stay blissfully ignorant and happy in your current life

Hello all. So last night I watched the first The Matrix film. I've been asking a lot of my friends what they would have chosen. You don't have to have seen the film to take part, just answer the following question about what you would prefer. Red pill to find out the truth, no matter how terrible it may be, or blue pill to continue to live in blissful ignorance? At the end we can all see a statistical representation of percentage of people who would choose each :) Invite all your friends to take part! So what do you choose?

I don't want to live believing a lie. Even though the red pill probably wouldn't grant me any powers whatsoever, at least I could wake up and be free from killer robots that use me as a living battery.

At least I think that I will be 'ejected' from the Matrix and then also rescued (assuming the Matrix scenario for this one), and not just realise I am inside the Matrix without actually leaving it?

Well, it wouldn't change my answer anyway. Red pill it is.

As the red pill was meant to eject the mind from the Matrix and delivered by a member of the resistance, rescue would be a given really.

Taking the red pill and staying inside would be a death sentence, as "awake" minds are being actively tracked down by the agents. Also the rules of the Matrix would not vanish - unless you think you could free your mind and become Neo II - one would still have to go to work to earn money to buy food etc.

Would it be possible for me to find out the truth then stay in the Matrix because I can?

I mean, imagine a world where technology was so advanced that robots did everything and humans spent all their time in a computer simulation having fun. Sound nice? Because I think it sounds nice.

Wait a minute, that's the matrix!

The robots had a serious PR problem. They should have told the humans about their situation except spun it such that the matrix was a videogame, a simulation for the humans to enjoy while the robots did all the stuff like keeping them alive and stuff. Of course, I'd personally prefer to know if the world I was living in was a lie, but that doesn't mean I'd want to stop living there.

The robots had a serious PR problem. They should have told the humans about their situation except spun it such that the matrix was a videogame, a simulation for the humans to enjoy while the robots did all the stuff like keeping them alive and stuff. Of course, I'd personally prefer to know if the world I was living in was a lie, but that doesn't mean I'd want to stop living there.

Watch the interrogation scene with Agent Smith and Morpheus again, it is reveiled that there was an earlier Matrix in which all was well and good, but he human brain did not accept it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.