Fresh pair of eyes - I need a new architecture challenge

Speeding Mullet

I thought I'd reach out to the KSP community to ask for suggestions on what challenge to do next. Having spent a good few evenings trawling though the challenge section of the forum I have failed to find anything that fits the Billy-Bob Kerman for me.

I'm mostly into leviathan architecture style challenges requiring quite a lot of applied thinking and engineering skills to pull off. I've previously completed some big challenges, links to them can be found in my signature, which should give you an idea of the sort of scale I'm thinking.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be gratefully received.

If you really feel like it you can create an entirely new challenge for me, or even give me the bones of a large scale challenge that you haven't got the time or energy to develop, that I might be able to develop and eventually post to the challenge section (with credit)

Thanks everyone - looking forward to seeing the suggestions!

SM

After going through the awesome mission reports in your signature I can now tell that I used the wrong definition.

All the same:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

FacialJack: I have toyed with that idea before, I think I need a few more mods to make that one come to life - got me thinking though.

Keep those ideas rolling!

I started building a baseball stadium on Duna. The outfield bleachers were eerily reminiscent of the roof of your cathedral above (nice work, that!)

Where I died of boredom was using rovers armed with i-beams for the foul lines. Needed SO MANY of them!!!

Maybe I overlooked a way to drop most of it down in one piece?

(Substitute your favorite sport...)

What about a no-refuel, no-docking, no landers grand tour?

(You must land the entire ship)

This. Or at least a multi-body mission in general. Since you've done Jool 5s, maybe a "Minus Jool 5" where you go everywhere *but* the Joolian moons.

So you like large builds...mmm... Have you tried a collonizing tour. 1 launch with enough smaller craft attached to fit out a complete outpost or 2 and do it for somwhewre hard like Tylo with an easy side version for maybe Bob or Pol.

With extra brownie points for extra outposts

Include Outpost habitate, rover and return craft and remember the hard part is the single launch

Try out the Test Pilot Challenge. It is a scene setup by hoster for you to complete series of mission. You don't have any design task. Just follow the flag plate reading and perform the mission. Finished it as soon as possible.

Wow, great to see so much discussion, it's really helping me narrow in on what I want to do next. In response to (hopefully) all of you so far:

Dbmorpher - It certainly qualified as an interesting and new challenge, I didn’t thnk it would fly first time though lol

Xactar – I’m not quite sure what you mean – surely a rover with no wheels is going to be a nightmare, but also an aeroplane?

Facialjack – I’ve seen that mod before, I will look into it. Might have to get rid of a mod or two as I had crashing issues last time I installed too many

MrRocket – Thanks for the suggestion. I don’t think I’ve seen many of the Easter eggs at all yet, but have been trying not to look up their locations rather stumble across them. I’ve had a look at Death Engineering’s challenge before, but I think it’s not for me at this point.

Sal – Thanks for the response! I’m not too interested in the tech tree at this point, but I do like the idea of a mission with science involved as it might add more complexity for me to think about. It’s going on the potential list for now as I could do it to unlock the full tech tree in order to go on to a science based architecture challenge.

Cmdr.Arn1e – I really like the look and feel of this challenge, and am certainly interested in helping out with tips or possibly development. I think it’s definitely got legs.. The challenge is earmarked for completion as it fits in with some work I have been doing on a base for Duna as part of my Sunrise Manifest saga (which I reallllly need to update)

Kerboman – Thanks for the suggestion. While the mission would be very challenging, I’m not too sure my laptop would ever forgive me, so at this point I will pass.

Carazvan – I’m not hugely interested in this one I’m afraid but thanks for pointing me to a seriously cool looking ship! It’s given me inspiration.

TheScareCake! – Again, not hugely interested, but your input appreciated. This would be a one off and essentially the same as landing a cathedral on the Mun, which I did last night in about an hour.

James_Eh – LMAO…please point me to pictures!!!

Mhoram – Nice work that!

Cantab – I’m in favour of a multi body mission, and I’m certainly not impartial to revisiting the Jool system. I think it makes for seriously challenging and very pretty pictures. I’d prefer a multiple launch challenge to a single ship challenge.

KandoKris – As part of my Jool 5 Kethane challenge I colonised every moon apart from Tylo with a rover, hopper, and orbital scanner. I also left a space station, kethane miner, descent and ascent vehicle, and main engine decks in orbit around Jool. I tried it as a single launch but it was waaaay to wibblywobbly and my laptop really struggled, hence my preference for multiple launches using a common vehicle.

Sirine – Thanks for the input. I’ll take a look when I’m home tonight and let you know if it suits. I’ve got an entry for your SSTO challenge but I just haven’t found the time to upload all the pretty pictures.

Xactar – I’m not quite sure what you mean – surely a rover with no wheels is going to be a nightmare, but also an aeroplane?

Ok, you may have a point with the nightmare bit. XD You can see an example of what I mean in the video link in my sig. Spinrovers are a lot of fun and a neat challenge.

Xactar that's agreat vid lol. May give that one a go when I get home!

Sirine thanks I had a look is not for me as I get so much enjoyment out of engineering my own stuff.

ThinkOutsideTheHangar Thanks but building replicas isn't really for me. I like drawing inspiration from Scifi when I can though.

I'm going to look at the Joolian Holidays Challenge as it will tie my experience with jool5s as well as Sturmstigers Duna challenge together.

Thanks for the help everyone feel free to suggest more things If you like but I'm now with direction so you guys came up trumps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.