Rocket Artillery (Made aimable using Advance Grabbing Unit)

You want to know how to make rockets damage stuff? Simple!

Get some BIG rockets!

qCj03xP.png

The aim system is genius, but the problem is, is that i think that it wont be compatible with BIG rockets.

Edited by KotDemopan

You have to put some part with a high impact tolerance in there, then get said high impact tolerance-part moving sufficiently fast that something breaks. Decouplers and seperatrons don't cut it, but and I-Bean or a plate would go through anything if they are going fast enough.

Rune. Also, good WiP!

You have to put some part with a high impact tolerance in there, then get said high impact tolerance-part moving sufficiently fast that something breaks. Decouplers and seperatrons don't cut it, but and I-Bean or a plate would go through anything if they are going fast enough.

Rune. Also, good WiP!

I find that my Missile launcher can take down about anything, even vehicles that have 2-3 plates of armor could be turned into wrecks. Blame the Nuclear engines that are hiding inside the rockets themselves.

Edited by KotDemopan

Just don't go too fast. If you do, the game won't be able to process a hit and the missile will go through your target.

That happens because in one "frame", the missile is just behind the target, and in the next one, the missile is in front of it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Build your targets using hitchhiker pods they've got a low impact tolerance and your missiles will be able to destroy them. Also don't fire too close, the further away you are the more time your missiles have to get up to speed, 200m-300m is a good distance.

Cupcake...

Just don't go too fast. If you do, the game won't be able to process a hit and the missile will go through your target.

That happens because in one "frame", the missile is just behind the target, and in the next one, the missile is in front of it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Frankly, i think my Missles are just too big to just go past the target, i heard of Nuclear engines having good TWR ratios, but not THAT good!

And another thing, you don't only want SPEED AND POWER, you also want maneuverability, the ability to move your rockets alot and make sure that the target is hit.

Build your targets using hitchhiker pods they've got a low impact tolerance and your missiles will be able to destroy them. Also don't fire too close, the further away you are the more time your missiles have to get up to speed, 200m-300m is a good distance.

Cupcake...

I think you might have murdered hundreds of kerbals, im getting a suspicion about something...

Tried using NRAP test weights? Indestructible, high density, tweakable size and weight, appropriate shape if you skinny them down from default.

You'd need to strap a booster on the back or use them as deadfall bombs, but the weight should punch through nearly anything. Any time I crash a plane while testing its lifting limits, the resulting scene usually involves the NRAP smashing its way out of the cargo bay and sailing into the ocean.

Tried using NRAP test weights? Indestructible, high density, tweakable size and weight, appropriate shape if you skinny them down from default.

You'd need to strap a booster on the back or use them as deadfall bombs, but the weight should punch through nearly anything. Any time I crash a plane while testing its lifting limits, the resulting scene usually involves the NRAP smashing its way out of the cargo bay and sailing into the ocean.

Maybe the creator don't wanna use mods? because stock crafts? That or launching them with the high weight/power would be not possible because of the seperatrons being not that powerful on things with high weights, and i thought we were talking about Missile/Rocket launchers and not bombers, eh?

Maybe the creator don't wanna use mods? because stock crafts? That or launching them with the high weight/power would be not possible because of the seperatrons being not that powerful on things with high weights, and i thought we were talking about Missile/Rocket launchers and not bombers, eh?

It was a suggestion; the poster is free to do whatever they wish.

And yeah, a Sepratron wouldn't cut it; you'd need an RT-10. Which is why I said "booster", not "Sepratron".

Frankly, i think my Missles are just too big to just go past the target, i heard of Nuclear engines having good TWR ratios, but not THAT good!

And another thing, you don't only want SPEED AND POWER, you also want maneuverability, the ability to move your rockets alot and make sure that the target is hit.

I think you might have murdered hundreds of kerbals, im getting a suspicion about something...

Hey, I said use them as targets not fill them with Kerbals, that would just be wrong! :P

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

Hey, I didn't said use them as targets not fill them with Kerbals, that would just be wrong! :P

Cupcake...

You say that it would be wrong, but you don't say that you never filled them up with kerbals during the shooting of the train, and im guessing you don't have any evidence to prove that you didn't load it up with kerbals.

Trust me, with my logic i have suspicions that Danny is disguised as another popular KSP youtuber, all of them, for me, have something to make my suspicion grow.

Cupcake...

When you play the game, you control everything. So why bother making better rockets when you can make weaker targets :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.