Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

That's cute!

Just stay on your territorial waters if I were you.

http://imgur.com/a/p7vLD

Trust me, I will be staying in my territorial waters.

For now...

On the subject of territories, are there any planets/areas owned by companies. If there is I claim Duna and its SOI in the name of Cryptic Enterprizes.

Edited by CrypticCross345

Thanks for testing my ships, Three and Starwhip.

Would you mind going into a bit more detail, Three, what sort of mass and impact velocity were you hitting the stern with and how much damage was done (screenies would be much appreciated). Were you able to disable both sets (or all 3 sets for the larger 2 ships) of engines from the rear?

I'm going to add an additional bulkhead behind the engines so the rear compartment wont become exposed once the engine mounts are gone. Unfortunately the engines will still have to go on the outside, well most of em anyway.

Edit: Is anyone else testing em atm and has there been any confirmed kills yet?

Would you mind going into a bit more detail, Three, what sort of mass and impact velocity were you hitting the stern with and how much damage was done (screenies would be much appreciated). Were you able to disable both sets (or all 3 sets for the larger 2 ships) of engines from the rear?

As I said, it was not true testing, and I must admit that, rather than continuing it yesterday, I instead went on a several-hour building spree and constructed 2048 parts of warship...I was using my new Singularity Missile, which is a 14-ton impactor that hits at about 250 m/s (I confess it was more weapons testing for me than for you :sticktongue:); when hitting from the sides, only about a quarter of the targeted ship (and this was fairly constant across all three designs) was destroyed; and when from the front, about half; but from the back, a single shot would simply obliterate the internals (despite leaving the hull intact) and render the ship dead by loss of armament and propulsion. But for the large part your ships fared better than the Dreks, so do not feel bad; I simply have yet to come across a vessel that a Singularity Missile cannot one-shot (with the exception of my new battlecruiser), and even in death there was more of your ships left intact than any other design I have tested them against so far.

I have not as yet tested them with my smaller armaments, however, so results may differ with smaller missiles.

On the subject of territories, are there any planets/areas owned by companies. If there is I claim Duna and its SOI in the name of Cryptic Enterprizes.

Such territorial allotments used to exist, but I do not think they do any longer...In any event, you would have to defeat either Zekes or Scriptkitt3h (I cannot remember which of the two claimed it last) to gain control over Duna's SOI.

Edited by Three1415

No roleplaying on the forum.

I have always thought that rule rather draconian; while I can understand generally restricting roleplaying, one would at least think it could be permitted in this particular subforum...Although I seem to remember the thread getting locked more due to resultant heated disputes than the roleplaying itself, which I suppose is why it is banned in the first place.

I have always thought that rule rather draconian

As have I. We still have to follow it though :/ As you said it was banned due to that subforum being a mess of arguments. I don't think I ever looked in it myself. The rocket builders forum was almost looked sue to similar reasons.

The mods are watching...

Always watching...

I have always thought that rule rather draconian...

Hey, watch it. :P

...while I can understand generally restricting roleplaying, one would at least think it could be permitted in this particular subforum...Although I seem to remember the thread getting locked more due to resultant heated disputes than the roleplaying itself, which I suppose is why it is banned in the first place.

It gets a wee bit excessive, if left unchecked. However, there is some level of roleplaying still present, in the way people name ships during combat, the way they present turn logs, company relations, etc. But it isn't disruptive.

Roleplay is a hard one to define to be honest, what we mainly want to avoid/prevent is the kind of stuff that turns into arguments and fighting, especially if the members involved start to hound each other in other threads over accusations of cheating, land grabs, stuff like that.

Some people take it far too seriously.

The Naval battle club has been working fine so far though :)

And beat up Zamo! Naw, but we do need some more people.

Ive been thinking about joining. My biggest problem is I have no naval craft…no ground craft and my aircraft don't have stock weapons.

Reasons are

1. Still trying to learn how to build tanks.

2. I can't make naval ships due to lag (from running a Macbook Pro)

3. Guided weapon in atmosphere won't work for me because if they go to fast (reentry affects) my game crashes

4. stock unguided weapons tend to be inaccurate for me

I have though about the possibility of BD but limit it to guns and bombs only

Im still stock as far as space fleets though. But from what I understand…y'all are not doing space battles

Edited by War Eagle 1

I'm still game, last chance before I sort out my stern armour....

I do not recall you proposing one yourself, but I, too, am up for a battle; for the first time, I have a fleet that I am relatively pleased with, so I am eager to take it into combat (this will be my first true battle, actually). As to the specifications, I would go for 350 tons and 3 ships; you can choose the location if you wish, and also whether or not to try out the ten-tons-or-two-missiles rule.

My ships would be my new battlecruiser, the new Vertex, and the Lepton class fighter (I just need to upgrade its weapons technology); I shall post screenshots once I am finished upgrading their armaments.

Reasons are

1. Still trying to learn how to build tanks.

2. I can't make naval ships due to lag (from running a Macbook Pro)

3. Guided weapon in atmosphere won't work for me because if they go to fast (reentry affects) my game crashes

4. stock unguided weapons tend to be inaccurate for me

1- Borrow some or don't go to war until you do.

2- Is it the water that causes lag because mine don't go above 500 parts.

3- Damn, just Damn.

Not quite - mine has heavier weaponry, two turrets, and is a much bigger ship, meaning it's probably more likely to survive sustained fire. Also, mine has infinite range thanks to two nuclear drives.

Even though I don't have time to research nuclear drives, I still have some heavily armed warships. :D

yfBxgG4.png

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by andrew123

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.