Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

welcome! Here you can show off ships and request to battle with people, for bragging rights and good fun!

The right to upload his missiles belongs to zekes and to zekes only; I am certainly not doing it without his permission (blame copyright laws :P).

I'll put it up soon - I'm sorry I'm just really busy ATM.

NEW SHIP:

CRUISER "NAUTILUS-BATTLE BARGE"

Class: "Cruiser"

Name: "Nautilus-Battle Barge"

Model: 3

Cost: 260038.0

Part Count: 976 parts in 2 stages

Total Mass: 125.6 tons (fully armed), 91.7 tons (unarmed)

Armament: Equipped with 8 New generation space missiles (Newly developed Warheads named Tirepedoes). Missiles can be used as long range cruise missile (for ship interception) or direct fire (for close-encounters)

Armor and Constuction: Basic rigid structure with overall double layered armor. 3 layers of armor on the center with simple strut reinforcements. (Can take up to 3 critical hits before going down)

Powerplant and Propulsion: 12 thermoelectric generators. 4 Nuclear Engines with basic fuel. (Fuel of 3400+ fully, armed and around 3100+ fuel, unarmed)

Notes: press 3 to toggle engines. press 1 to toggle the space missiles and press 2 to active sepatrons.

History: Originally designed by the Kraken Faction as a heavy duty industrial supply barge for the space fleet. Complete with fuel ballast tanks and compartmentalized hull, engineers have found out that the ship hull was far stronger for the ship it's size and function. They realized that it could be used as an effective reactive armor and have converted this ship to be retrofitted for war efforts. Although designated as the "Nautilus" Model, it is popular to the space cadets to be named as the "Battle Barge" because of it's short stout look.

Craft File: http://www./download/m87dr53dedci7yk/BATTLE+BARGE.craft

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Zamovinar

Ship Parameters

S – Super Heavy (All ships above 250 tons falls under this category)

H – Heavy (All ships between 150 and 250 tons falls under this category)

M – Medium (All ships between 50 and 150 tons falls under this category)

L – Light (All ships below 50 tons falls under this category)

class

A – Cruiser (All ‘Heavy’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships that fall below 500 parts.)

B – Battleship (All ‘Super Heavy’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships between 500 and 700 parts fall under this category.)

C – Carrier (All ships that carry other craft that engage in direct or indirect combat with other ships fall under this category.)

D – Destroyer (All ‘Medium’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships below 500 parts.)

E – Frigate (All ‘Light’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships between 200 and 500 parts fall under this category.)

F – Strikecraft (All ‘Light’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships below 200 parts fall under this category.)

L – Engineering and Logistics (All ships that perform non-combat support roles in the maintenance and operation of military assets falls under this category.)

T – Transport (All ships that carry other craft that do not engage in combat with other ships fall under this category.)

V – Multirole (All ships that perform significantly varied roles fall under this category.)

X – Prototype (All experimental ships fall under this category.)

BA – Battlecruiser (All ‘Heavy’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships between 500 and 700 parts.)

BB – Dreadnaught (All ‘Super Heavy’ ships that engage direct combat with other ships above 700 parts fall under this category.)

Has someone already put this on the thread or not?

Edited by CrypticCross345

Ship Parameters

class

A – Cruiser (All ‘Heavy’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships that fall below 500 parts.)

B – Battleship (All ‘Super Heavy’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships between 500 and 700 parts fall under this category.)

C – Carrier (All ships that carry other craft that engage in direct or indirect combat with other ships fall under this category.)

D – Destroyer (All ‘Medium’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships below 500 parts.)

E – Frigate (All ‘Light’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships between 200 and 500 parts fall under this category.)

F – Strikecraft (All ‘Light’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships below 200 parts fall under this category.)

L – Engineering and Logistics (All ships that perform non-combat support roles in the maintenance and operation of military assets falls under this category.)

T – Transport (All ships that carry other craft that do not engage in combat with other ships fall under this category.)

V – Multirole (All ships that perform significantly varied roles fall under this category.)

BA – Battlecruiser (All ‘Heavy’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships between 500 and 700 parts.)

BB – Dreadnaught (All ‘Super Heavy’ ships that engage direct combat with other ships above 700 parts fall under this category.)

This is outdated

The Turbine Drive is now feasable - Tested in a makeshift airplane, it manages to, at only 105 parts, provide the thrust needed to keep the 28 ton plane airborne.

The turbine is hidden away inside the cargo pay (which currently has texture problems)

56UbicP.png

Ship Parameters

class

Not really, but that's kinda old and really doesn't fit this very well, since many players (myself included) generally disregard any sort of "official" classing systems since they tend to obstruct creative ship development and usage.

On top of that, there's really no need for one.

Ship Parameters

class

We are roleplaying here so this is no longer applicable, we call our ships what we like.

The problem is part count and tonnage do not go hand in hand. For example: my new ship "Nautilus Battle Barge" is 900+ parts (considered a dreadnaught) and at 125 tons (considered medium size), plus it's originally supposed to be an Engineering and Logistics ship converted to a warship.

A high part count ship could easily be lighter than a low part count ship and vice versa depending on part usage of the player (Especially if they use and Xenon as propulsion). Some ships don't even use RCS. Were not even factoring the special ships such as Carrier-battleship hybrids where do we put that on the classification system? or maybe another player designs a very unique ship outside our standards it's bound to get confusing.

We should make a formula out of this, factoring in fuel, part count and tonnage. (very much like TWR, thrust to weight ratio)

Maybe we should include the cost too. Something like Fuel, Tonnage, Part Count Cost Efficiency Mathematical Formula.

Help me out here.

This is my biggest ship: Destroyer X.

Please help me to name it.

Weight: 140.5t

Parts: 333

It carries 6 MRAC Missiles and 8 LRAF Missiles and has a crew of 2.

(Having trouble with picture)

i will show the rest of my ships in the future.

Edited by CrypticCross345

Thats not the url...... Its the file root. You need to upload it too imgur.com Get an account. Learn the ropes of the forums before you start doing all this complicated stuff with pictures an all. A URL is like a website address. Like http://www.google.co.nz Thats a URL. And if you wanna add stuff, don't post them consecutively. Edit your first post. It keeps the thread small.

EDIT Notice you labeled it answered, im assuming by me... *cough*credit?*cough* :D I kid, I kid...

Edited by ejudedude13
Explaining about NOT multiposting.....

I'll fight you Zamo, plus the post just before you also said he wanted to fight. Still want to try out my heavy battleship...

My ship class system is based strictly on tonnage, plus a separate designation for carriers (since the Battle Club has separate rules just for them). I tend to avoid narrowing my ships into a particular role especially since most ship classes have had several different meanings throughout history. My part counts tend to run a little high for smaller ships but middle of the road for larger ones.

FT = Fighter, <20 tons

CV = Corvette, 20 - 40 tons

DD = Destroyer, 40 - 70 tons

CR = Cruiser, 70 - 100 tons

BC = Battlecruiser, 100 - 150 tons

BB = Battleship, >150 tons

CA = Carrier

Ok, I've finished testing Zamo and Three's ships.

1st up; Zamo's concept hull. I started at a range of 600m and was able to consistently destroy it volleys of 4 torps (7.2 tons, 518 m/s max impact velocity @ 900m) but found that it would often survive volleys of 2 (50/50 maybe). When the ship did survive it would often wobble uncontrollably rendering it useless. I then increased range to 750m and found that the ship went down to volleys of 2 every time.

I also tested close range girder rockets on it and found that the multiple plates were very good at catching end on shots without too much trouble but the engines and probe were usually knocked out in the process. This should be easy to fix, however, and this is only a concept hull at this stage.

Overall, the ship is fairly tough but not at all part count effective. I would recommend fewer layers of plate further apart (each block of plates needs to be strutted well to the others to prevent the wobble from occurring) and high levels of redundancy in all essential systems (spread them out too).

I then moved onto Three's Tesseract cube but started at 750m. I found that at that range volleys of 4 destroyed the cube every time but volleys of 2 scored no kills. the damage, however, was substantial with the cube losing 200-500 parts per hit.

After that I then gradually increased range and found that from 850m onward the cube was destroyed consistently by volleys of 2 torps. It also turned out to be incredibly vulnerable to girder rockets and always went down within 2 volleys.

I noticed that the seed part used for the ship was a small probe, this caused most of the issues as it meant you could destroy the cube by hitting it anywhere hard enough and letting the shock wave detach/destroy the probe. There was also lots of fuel tanks stacked inside each other, close to the center of the cube, creating more problems as they explode readily and devastatingly when stacked like this.

If you rebuilt this around a solid seed part and spread the fuel tanks throughout the empty space this thing could become a problem (the core will survive girder rockets and large missiles may not be able to shake it apart anymore).

Edit: Oh yeah, you owe me a new lauch pad too, the damn thing exploded the first time i tried to launch it.

Edited by Mr Tegu

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.