[0.24.2] Kustom Kerbals - Make your own personal kerbals! [V1.1]

Jetwave

looking good now all we need is a whay to do that and have differnt suits at same time. probaly something like how rbrays cloud mod lets u chose the cloud texturs and settings to get a suit from differnt ones u have installed in the mod folder.

Agreed! TextureReplacer has a plethora of different suits and faces available; including both male and female models. The faces and suits can be linked to specific Kerbal names. Would it be possible to include integration for that in this mod?

Agreed! TextureReplacer has a plethora of different suits and faces available; including both male and female models. The faces and suits can be linked to specific Kerbal names. Would it be possible to include integration for that in this mod?

It could definitely be looked into for a future version of the mod. Seems like a very good suggestion. I'll probably start work on it once I've got all the little features and bugs worked out.

Splendid, I'll be glad to see how this develops, as I'm sure many others will be!

I also always figured it would be cool if individual Kerbals had a backstory. Just for flavor, at least at first. Like, this one is a military pilot, that one is a scientist, etc. I think there's even a mod out there that gives them space suits with custom-colored stripes - red was medical, blue was engineering, etc. Anyway, that's just a side idea. I'd be satisfied with just the customizable faces, names and genders.

As it currently stands, this mod is just a little useless(sorry but I feel that is true) to people that use crew manifest.

I guess this could be very useful to people that don't want all of the functionality of Crew Manifest, or those that don't like that mod.

When I clicked the link I was hoping that it was some sort of face customizing plugin (similar to TR but with the added functionality of actually creating the head within the game.) But that being said, I am interested in seeing where the development of this goes and what it ends up encompassing.

Like what has been said, this is useless for CrewManifest users, as that feature is alterady covered. Still, it's neat for those who don't want all of CM and only want to create Kerbals without the hassle of editing the persistence file.

I also support the idea of making the mod able to add custom textures from TextureReplacer to each Kerbal as without that feature, we have to first load KSP, create the Kerbal with CrewManifest, log out of KSP, then edit the files from TextureReplacer, and then load KSP again, which is torture for those with long loading times.

Like what has been said, this is useless for CrewManifest users, as that feature is alterady covered. Still, it's neat for those who don't want all of CM and only want to create Kerbals without the hassle of editing the persistence file.

I also support the idea of making the mod able to add custom textures from TextureReplacer to each Kerbal as without that feature, we have to first load KSP, create the Kerbal with CrewManifest, log out of KSP, then edit the files from TextureReplacer, and then load KSP again, which is torture for those with long loading times.

All you have to do to solve that problem you wrote about at the end is to add the name of the Kerbal you are going to create into the configuration file for TextureReplacer with a head and suit assigned to it and then create the Kerbal once you're in KSP and viola, all set!

For instance, my @Default.cfg has 7 custom Kerbals defined and I have to create them with CrewManifest once I start a new save.

Thanks to all of you who voted on the strawpoll! Version 1.2 will include support for texture replacer, allowing you to choose a custom head and suit when creating a kerbal. There will also be a special surprise made by Some_Random_Guy on the #kspmodders IRC! Be sure to check back in a few days to find out what it is!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.