[1.2.2] 10x Kerbol system development for Kopernicus: Version 6.3.0.1 - Update: April 14 2017

jsimmons

Sorry I haven't updated sooner but I have been having technical difficulties with my test machine. So I have updated all the supported packs as well as added support for Astronomer's Interstellar pack and well as KSPRC. I haven't been able to test it so please give it a run and report back to me so I can fix it before I announce this update. It is aimed for KSP 0.90 so

you will need to update from 0.25. The links for download are on the OP.

just a heads up, everytime i load the save file it changes me back to an default "underground" facility, pretty much like TinyPirate's screenshots... once i change the launch site everything goes back to normal... but it's not just that, let' say i choose the inland facility, as soon as i load the save it will get me to this underground facility far away from the one i picked, and if i try to pick the inland facility again, it does not allow me to do that, stating that i "can't select current launch site"

I fixed the issue.

Open GameData/RealSolarsystem/RealSolarSystem.cfg

ctrl-f and search for repositionRadiusOffset

change the value to 123.41

This fixes KSC, and the other locations appear to already more or less work.

If this fixes things perfectly I might wet myself! I'll definitely wet myself if someone provides a 10x config for the Outer Planet mod!

Eh, okay.

Go to GameData/Kopernicus/Config and delete System.cfg

Replace it with this file

Go to GameData/RealSolarSystem/ and delete RealSolarSystem.cfg

Replace it with this file

No warranty. Mostly untested. Orbital velocities and escape velocities seem to be reasonable, at least for me. I'm not sure what eeloo's behavior is supposed to be in outer planets, but I have it crossing neidon's orbit a bit like it used to with jool's.

Edited by parasoja

Ok, yes, this works, thanks, Parasoja. The rings of Sarnus and Neidon vanish, for some unknown reason, but everything does work other than that!

Also, apparently I multiplied the radius of the second outer planet by 100 instead of 10.

Delete GameData/OPM and GameData/KittopiaSpace

Replace with contents of this archive. Should fix both issues.

well... it did fix the starting KSC height problem, but the bug where it doesn't go by default to the launch pad you previous selected still happens

I was able to replicate the behavior in the current-ish RSS release, so it looks like this is a problem with RSS itself. Unfortunately, it is beyond my capabilities to fix.

Thanks for the fix. Forgot to update KSC in RealSolarSystem.cfg. I updated the zip files again.

Nathan have a hot fix for the incorrect launch pad bug?

Need to look at your KittopiaSpace ring fixes. It is a problem for my BA-V5 and Interstellar ports. Thanks for the fixes.

Thanks so much, Parasoja. It looks like there's some error going on with Sarnus though (see how the planet has a black ring around it occluding some of the ring).

Yeah, that's an OPM thing. The latest version has the same problem.

I'm not particularly planning to make another 10x config for 1.3. It's not super hard, though -- go into RSS/realsolarsystem.cfg and delete the eeloo section, go to kopernicus/config/system.cfg and increase radius and semiMajorAxis of the planets and moons it adds/modifies by a factor of 10, mass by 100, and rotationPeriod by, say, 3.14; and go to kittopiaspace/saveload/*.cfg and put an extra zero on the outerradius and innerradius values. If you find that planets' orbital velocities are too high, reduce the sun's mass by a factor of 10 in realsolarsystem.cfg.

i also thought the same, but for some reason it uses 500mb of ram... it feels way too easy to use normal kerbin, but i can't keep it if it is causing me very high memory usage...

i'm no expert on any pc thing, but could it be that it has to render 10x (or maybe more) terrain textures now?

Made the new version offical. Thanks to everyone who did testing and report/resolved problems with the pack. As a side note I will look at making a special add on pack for the Outer Planet mods from Parasora.

One last question for Nathan to add in my next update. What is the formula you use to start DRE and determine the atmosphere limit. The reason I ask is that the scale height has changed to realistic values. Now I like to have realistically thick atmospheres.

Sorry, not sure what you mean about DRE. As for the atmosphere, if you're using legacyAtmosphere (which you are unless you told RSS to disable it and gave RSS a pressureCurve) then the maximum height is where the unmodified pressure hits <1e-6, i.e. roughly 13.8 * scaleHeight.

Sorry Nathan for not being clear about DRE. Is their a way to calculate what maximum altitude DRE occurs at.

BTW if anyone is using the latest RO 7.06 you need to delete the RemoteSettting.cfg that comes with it. Otherwise it will conflict with the one I provide.

Sorry Nathan for not being clear about DRE. Is their a way to calculate what maximum altitude DRE occurs at.

BTW if anyone is using the latest RO 7.06 you need to delete the RemoteSettting.cfg that comes with it. Otherwise it will conflict with the one I provide.

The altitude that heating 'starts' isn't hard coded or directly controlled by anything. Heating can occur as soon as a craft hits the atmosphere and the rate of heat transfer is controlled by atmospheric density. (incoming heat = density * densityExponent where the lower the densityExponent, the higher the altitude that heating 'starts')

(the actual process is somewhat more complex; the explanation is meant to keep things simple)

Edited by Starwaster
said something that was opposite of what I meant

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.