[1.2.2] 10x Kerbol system development for Kopernicus: Version 6.3.0.1 - Update: April 14 2017

jsimmons

Just want to say that I get the same crash with default EVE. I also made sure that the game started fine without the 10x files.

Try without EVE by deleting the Environmental Visual Enhancements and BoulderCo folders from your GameData directory, I am quite sure that that is a memory issue in your output log.

Uhm... So I can't get this to work at all now. Crashes while loading the menu screen. This is a 'clean' install with only this, the two required mods from the front page, Astronomer's Visuals. I used ckan where possible.

Output log

This log doesn't look like the right one. I see RealSolarSystem, PlanetShine and a few others plus no error messages.

This log doesn't look like the right one. I see RealSolarSystem, PlanetShine and a few others plus no error messages.

Are you sure? Line 19799, right after EVE is doing it's thing. Also, if he downloaded before yesterday he would have all of that stuff except for distant object enhancement and planetshine....

Okay, seems it was a memory issue. I had tried forcing Opengl before, but turns out I was typing the tag wrong.

EDIT: Also, the downloads on the front page still have the extra stuff? Downloaded this just now:

sBj8691.png

Edited by Retsof

This is such a fun and challenging set of mods that now I can't play without them. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on mod compatibility on a given week! Either way, KUDOS.

There's just one thing I would add. Somewhere in the top-level post, you should mention the math for converting stock-based delta-V budget to a 10x Kerbol delta-V budget! Someone told me that to get a dV budget for 10x Kerbol, one should multiply the stock dV budget by sqrt(10) ≈ 3.16, and that seems to mostly work for me, but I haven't really left Kerbin's SOI yet so I'm not sure if it holds true out in deep space. Or for liftoff/landing in extrakerrestrial atmospheres. But still it's a place to start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
jsimmons, apologies for missing this! SolarPowerCurve isn't needed anymore, stock natively rescales solar panels so they deliver their rated power in (home planet)'s orbit, and uses inv-square.

No problem. So the assumption is 1340 W/m^2 at the home planets orbit which is fair since I calculated the star Kerbol to deliver that power to Kerbin. In reality the stellar output is equal to the star's surface temperature to the fourth power.

- - - Updated - - -

There's just one thing I would add. Somewhere in the top-level post, you should mention the math for converting stock-based delta-V budget to a 10x Kerbol delta-V budget! Someone told me that to get a dV budget for 10x Kerbol, one should multiply the stock dV budget by sqrt(10) ≈ 3.16, and that seems to mostly work for me, but I haven't really left Kerbin's SOI yet so I'm not sure if it holds true out in deep space. Or for liftoff/landing in extrakerrestrial atmospheres. But still it's a place to start.

Done. I added that info to the OP

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I haven't been posting but currently it is allergy season for me so this time of year is not the best for me. Currently I'm just playing KSP but I expect the end of October I will back to updating this mod.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

Sorry I was away but it was allergy season which is always bad for me. I see a few people ask why I don't use CKAN or Kerbal Stuff. The reason was EVE 7.4 configs needed to be updated to handle the speed of the clouds from the default stock size. Since I supported multiple packages I didn't see a way CKAN or Kerbal stuff could handle so many configurations. The good news is now that a new EVE which supports RSS out of the box is released this means future EVE setups will work out of the box. I do still plan to create my own configs to handle the real physics properties of the atmospheres but those will be optional. Since this is the case we can collapse the configs down to one set. I will begin working on updating to the latest scatter, EVE.

• 2 weeks later...
On December 5, 2015 at 1:57 PM, NathanKell said:

CKAN most definitely can handle many different configurations. :)

And welcome back, hope you're feeling better!

Nathan where is documentation on these CKAN setups? Thanks, I have been better. Sorry about the delay on the release folks but for some reason the terrain is now rendered differently. I just fixed up the KSC center but all other locations are totally rendered differently. Also I noticed the what height maps are rendered has changed. It seems you can now form lakes and rivers inland by not setting the area to sea level but what difference are in the neighboring pixel for the height map. I might still do a release but I'm going to remove all the other launch sites until they are repaired.

You can do something like making a package that includes just some things, and requires other (meta) packages, which can be met by mutually conflicting other packages (like how RSS requires RSS Textures, which come in 2048, 4096, and 8192 versions.

Just post on the CKAN thread stating how you'd like the packaging to work, and I'm sure they'll help you 'make it so'. :)

On December 26, 2015 at 3:32 PM, NathanKell said:

You can do something like making a package that includes just some things, and requires other (meta) packages, which can be met by mutually conflicting other packages (like how RSS requires RSS Textures, which come in 2048, 4096, and 8192 versions.

Just post on the CKAN thread stating how you'd like the packaging to work, and I'm sure they'll help you 'make it so'. :)

Thanks Nathan. I will look into that shortly. Currently I'm filling in the pressureCurve for Duna but I'm making a mistake somewhere with the 3rd and 4th field. I took the derivate of the isothermal based pressure equation (yes it is valid model since the atmosphere is very thin) and used those values but I get this seesaw motion for the atmosphere gauge. Is that the correct way to figure out the 3rd and 4th field?

1 hour ago, jsimmons said:

Thanks Nathan. I will look into that shortly. Currently I'm filling in the pressureCurve for Duna but I'm making a mistake somewhere with the 3rd and 4th field. I took the derivate of the isothermal based pressure equation (yes it is valid model since the atmosphere is very thin) and used those values but I get this seesaw motion for the atmosphere gauge. Is that the correct way to figure out the 3rd and 4th field?

30 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

You might want to chat with @OhioBob, he's just been knee-deep in exactly that sort of thing and is very knowledgeable. :)

Is there something I can help with?  I'm not sure I understand your problem, @jsimmons, but if you explain it to me I might be able to help.

Ah, apologies, I skimmed a bit. I thought the question was about the mechanics of atmospheres, rather than the mechanics of floatcurves. :)

Yes, the third and fourth values will be the first derivative at the point. See http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/464782/t-is-the-math-behind-animationcurveevaluate.html

EDIT: I highly recommend downloading Unity 4 and using the plugin package here; then you can paste in your curve and visually see (and manipulate) it, then copy the changed curve data.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/84201-info-ksp-floatcurves-and-you-the-magic-of-tangents/#post1952481

Oh, right, tagging. @OhioBob @jsimmons

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.