National Bible Contest

ping111

Guest GroundHOG-2010

How do you actually manage to learn and remember all of it? ,_,

How do you learn your times tables or spelling words?

Guest GroundHOG-2010

By having no life to speak of. :P

Correction, by having no life other than school, sleep, food, and the all important KSP

By having no life to speak of. :P

TIS A LIE!

All you need is to be able to speak Hebrew.

Then, you listen to the English audio track while reading the Hebrew.

INSTANT MEMORY!

Seriously, sometimes I brain so much my study hurts.

TIS A LIE!

All you need is to be able to speak Hebrew.

Then, you listen to the English audio track while reading the Hebrew.

INSTANT MEMORY!

Seriously, sometimes I brain so much my study hurts.

I must try this sometime...

Like when I play ksp too long forget about my German test and have to learn it the evening before.

Exactly. You Conservative or Modern Orthodox?

Conservative.

Sorry, but I\'m actually quite Secondary.

I keep no form of Kashrut, nor wear a kippa or tzizis, except on special, ceremonious occasions, like going to synagogue or to a Jewish choir event. However, I am having a large, ceremonious Ashkenazi Bar Mitzvah, which will be religious to a large extent. Imagine how silly this must sound to Gentiles!

Define Secondary.

I\'m Conservative as well, but I seem to be a tad on the observant side compared to you.

Secondary as in doesn\'t Shomer Shabbes or do Grizin (Burial of holy texts) or destroy all the leaven, we just observe Hanukkah and try not to eat bread. We also tend to have a nice meal with kugel and stuff on Fridays.

Good luck, and despite my multi-linguistic capabilities (read: English, Spanish, French, partial Turkish (took classes, left before completion)), I cannot begin to understand Hebrew. You have it easier and harder, I suppose, as I am a christian and have partaken in quizzing events over our bible (which has 66 books for us protestants). However, we only quiz on a few books at a time. Good luck

Good luck, and despite my multi-linguistic capabilities (read: English, Spanish, French, partial Turkish (took classes, left before completion)), I cannot begin to understand Hebrew. You have it easier and harder, I suppose, as I am a christian and have partaken in quizzing events over our bible (which has 66 books for us protestants). However, we only quiz on a few books at a time. Good luck

Thanks!

This is only one book, too, but I have been taught about 10 of the books of the old Testament.

You speak Turkish?

Thanks!

This is only one book, too, but I have been taught about 10 of the books of the old Testament.

You speak Turkish?

I went to a charter school for 4th grade and took Turkish classes. I was only there for a year, as I utterly hated the facility. After leaving I never really finished up the study of that language. I can speak basically, however. Tesekkur Ederim (thank you, to the extent my keyboard allows).

Well for us 1 billion other catholics in the world we have to read... more then 66!

68 exactly

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.