[WIP] MapResourceOverlay (works for Karbonite,MKS for now)

Cyrik

ScanSat-integration is working great for me =)

just please disable the tooltip on F2 (hideUI event stuff) and I would really like to use it from the TrackingStation as well :P

But i have HUGE framedrops and freezes for tooltips on a distant body on the mapview while beeing in kerbin orbit with my ship (so Kerbin vessel, view on Mun) (same with scansat on/off) while tooltips on Kerbin are fine.

When I put the vessel into Mun SOI the Mun tooltips are fine, but the ones for Kerbin lag my Game.

Seeing the logs its the ORS request that takes a moment here... Only the actuall tooltip lags it, maybe disable these for distant bodys? //(have an option to turn them on/off/showAllRessources?)

// 24.2 32bit running all from ssd with tons of mem

Oh, and the "duplication" thing is totally gone, great!

both issues fixed. it seems ors is only keeping around information for your current vessel so stuff on other planets gets loaded slowly. it didnt lag for me but made time dilation alot worse, so i disabled it. most people shouldn't even notice and it might crash someone with a slow pc

Next suggestion - can we adjust the color to make it a lot more bright?

sure thing, but how would you do it? higher red value, a bit of green/blue, or less transparency? i´m pretty illiterate when it comes to making stuff look nice

btw what was the scale idea you had a few pages back? i still dont understand what you wanted:P

sure thing, but how would you do it? higher red value, a bit of green/blue, or less transparency? i´m pretty illiterate when it comes to making stuff look nice

btw what was the scale idea you had a few pages back? i still dont understand what you wanted:P

Max red, then start adding B+G - takes you through pink and into white.

Can we please have a .zip file option of the download? Very awesome job btw. I love the overlay and optional ScanSat integration.

yes, i´ll switch to zips from now on. more people should be able to use that.

ok the next update is gonna be out in a bit. was getting to frustrated to continue for a bit but i finally found the damn bug.

only took me about 6 hours to find out that scenariomodules and kspaddons dont get properly re-instantiated when they arent garbage collected and then it took me another 3 hours to find out i had this nice little lambda which was keeping a reference around:

ScaledSpace.Instance.scaledSpaceTransforms.FirstOrDefault(t => t.name == _body.name);

closures can be evil ***** sometimes...

ok the next update is gonna be out in a bit. was getting to frustrated to continue for a bit but i finally found the damn bug.

only took me about 6 hours to find out that scenariomodules and kspaddons dont get properly re-instantiated when they arent garbage collected and then it took me another 3 hours to find out i had this nice little lambda which was keeping a reference around:

ScaledSpace.Instance.scaledSpaceTransforms.FirstOrDefault(t => t.name == _body.name);

Excellent! Keep on keeping on :)

i think i might slowly be going crazy. the lamba wasnt the problem...

setting gameobject.transform.parent to anything prevents the scenariomodule from beeing reloaded. even setting it to null prevents it... not sure what to do

• 2 weeks later...

I have a thought for you.

1: Markers: While I am checking for places to land it would be nice after to be bale to assign a marker or flag (Not planted by a Kerbal) to a point on the map. That way I do not need to remember based on geography where I wanted to land...I can just see a nice thing pointing at it.

2: Let MekJeb use the Markers: I admit it, I am lazy some times. Some days I just want to land my parts and not do it my self. After all you drop 10 or more colony components and other things to the same place...it just gets annoying. So it would be nice if the markers could be used as a selection to fill in the data for MekJeb. Just mouse over marker...or marker in a menu and all that pesky Longitude/Latitude stuff is filled in.

Ok, that is what I have to say. Hope it gives you ideas.

Note: To help make the Zip a little better it would be nice if the MapResourceOverlay folder were in a GameData folder. I use KSP mod Admin and I had to tell it where to put your mod. Also some people that may be new could get lost and put it in the wrong place. Never underestimate what some one can do to muck things up.

Edit (Bug): It appears that in the latest version, if you turn off the display while on the surface, then hit escape to access KSP's options in flight, this overrides the prevous option to disable the overlay. When the overlay is on, the KSP Esc menu vanishes while you get a reading from it. This is a little annoying... :-)

Edited by SyberSmoke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.