Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

I present to you a ton of rp stuff.

Halco Aerospace

A wealthy company mainly known for Aircraft and fighter jets, who is a big supporter of HKA.

It's CEO is Wafle Kerman (Wafle is pronounced Way-fle)

(I can't seem to get my logo to work with your part thingy, please help?) Logo is my avatar pic.

A brief history: Founded 13 years ago by Wafle B. Kerman, Halco Aerospace is a popular company that produced Fighter Jets and assorted vehicles since 0.21,

It's beloved CEO, Wafle Kerman, is a well renowned engineer who does his fair share of work for the company.

Halco Aerospace, 300 engineers, scientists, and test pilots strong, is proud to share it's work with HKA.

Craft: "Halco - Baconator MK2"

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Action Groups:

9 - Toggle ladders

Download: https://www./?bxyo0q4pxjrb21g

• 2 weeks later...

It's Finally Here!

:D

Things are getting heated for HKA, after counting their losses it's time to bring

together what little they can and prepare for what's to come.

This episode is almost entirely narrated, much in the fashion of the episodes I did last year. I really enjoyed making it, and I definitely feel like I'm back in the swing of things. As you can tell in from the video itself, this was heavily delayed by the released by 1.0 and the subsequent hotfixes. From now on I'm aiming for more or less an episode every fortnight, but that's cutting it VERY fine. So don't count on it, you'd be amazed how many hours are put into each episode: think particularly lengthy video game campaign. But, for those who weren't such big fans of the two entirely cinematic episodes, this is for you. Though... I've yet to shake of all the dust, my narration will hopefully be a little better next episode. Speaking of narrated videos, the next episode of KS remastered will be coming out in (hopefully) the next few days, perhaps even the third episode if I can manage it. Also a quick note on my twitter, I'm not exactly a big user on the site: but from here on out it's most likely where I'll be posting updates on the production of the Kethane Station, films, plans, photography, and the occasional bit of music. The follow might just be worth it: @HatBat_

Enjoy

:)

And before you ask, yes... Macey Dean.

I'll share more info on that when Macey and I are good and ready.

Very nice! I feel like that gave me the inspiration to stop being lazy and actually create the Cyten stuff I had planned, or at least important vessels.

I already started testing my prototype dropship in 1.0 and it flies much better in the new atmosphere. Combine that with the new way jet engines work and I think I have a plausible design.

I'm currently on vacation but I get back on Wednesday. I'll begin working on making Cyten relevant as soon as possible.

I'll have to see about military variants of some of my new craft I've made during the wait (I've got a new set of cargo dropships that might be able to deploy tanks! :D), and I will most definitely take a look at trying to either upgrade the fuel/propulsion systems for the Helios and Albion, or (in the case of the Albion) potentially make a worthy successor with better range and fighter capacity.

It's Finally Here!

:D

Things are getting heated for HKA, after counting their losses it's time to bring

together what little they can and prepare for what's to come.

This episode is almost entirely narrated, much in the fashion of the episodes I did last year. I really enjoyed making it, and I definitely feel like I'm back in the swing of things. As you can tell in from the video itself, this was heavily delayed by the released by 1.0 and the subsequent hotfixes. From now on I'm aiming for more or less an episode every fortnight, but that's cutting it VERY fine. So don't count on it, you'd be amazed how many hours are put into each episode: think particularly lengthy video game campaign. But, for those who weren't such big fans of the two entirely cinematic episodes, this is for you. Though... I've yet to shake of all the dust, my narration will hopefully be a little better next episode. Speaking of narrated videos, the next episode of KS remastered will be coming out in (hopefully) the next few days, perhaps even the third episode if I can manage it. Also a quick note on my twitter, I'm not exactly a big user on the site: but from here on out it's most likely where I'll be posting updates on the production of the Kethane Station, films, plans, photography, and the occasional bit of music. The follow might just be worth it: @HatBat_

Enjoy

:)

And before you ask, yes... Macey Dean.

I'll share more info on that when Macey and I are good and ready.

Holy boop dude! This is great. Exactly the kind of episode I like! The narrating is great, and just the right amount of cinematic time. Plus, the storyline rocks. You can't imagine how much I enjoyed the salvaging operations around Duna, seeing that old pal still around brings back memories. And the last commented burn, that was an awesome touch.

Rune. You are right, you need 1.0 designs.

Well this is freaking great. I was messing around with my saves, and it turns out I accidentally deleted the save with a whole bunch of the new ships that I had made, one of which was a functioning battleship. I would be using much stronger language but forum rules prevent me from doing so. It's just...

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Bashes head against a wall*

Edited by datubaman

Well this is freaking great. I was messing around with my saves, and it turns out I accidentally deleted the save with a whole bunch of the new ships that I had made, one of which was a functioning battleship. I would be using much stronger language but forum rules prevent me from doing so. It's just...

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Bashes head against a wall*

Sorry to hear, hope you can recover the file. (Protip: Windows does do automatic "snapshot" backups from time to time, so look there.)

Glad to hear you guys liked this episode so much, rest assured there'll be plenty more of this kind've stuff in the near future.... the battle of LKO awaits (On second thoughts, that's not a particularly good name. Got any suggestions guys?).

Very nice! I feel like that gave me the inspiration to stop being lazy and actually create the Cyten stuff I had planned, or at least important vessels.

I already started testing my prototype dropship in 1.0 and it flies much better in the new atmosphere. Combine that with the new way jet engines work and I think I have a plausible design.

I'm currently on vacation but I get back on Wednesday. I'll begin working on making Cyten relevant as soon as possible.

Great to know I've encouraged someone to play a little KSP, warms my heart with feels :D

I'll have to see about military variants of some of my new craft I've made during the wait (I've got a new set of cargo dropships that might be able to deploy tanks! :D), and I will most definitely take a look at trying to either upgrade the fuel/propulsion systems for the Helios and Albion, or (in the case of the Albion) potentially make a worthy successor with better range and fighter capacity.

Those dropships sound awesome, in fact I'd love to see something like the tank carrier from ep #16... but not bad, if you get my drift xD. Upgrades to the Albion and Helios sound great too, if I'd have to say one thing to improve then it would certainly be part count. The Helios may be beautiful... but boy does that come at a cost.

Holy boop dude! This is great. Exactly the kind of episode I like! The narrating is great, and just the right amount of cinematic time. Plus, the storyline rocks. You can't imagine how much I enjoyed the salvaging operations around Duna, seeing that old pal still around brings back memories. And the last commented burn, that was an awesome touch.

Rune. You are right, you need 1.0 designs.

Cheers man, knew you'd like this. This episode felt great while making it, now all I need to do is make a series of them. As for the salvaging, yep: undoubtedly one of the coolest things I've done recently - who would've though all that could just be lying there. Next time you're in a tricky spot just take a look and you may be able improvise your way out of it. And erh... does this means we're looking at some 1.0 Runeâ„¢ Capital ships coming out in the following few weeks? :D

And as for your save problem Datubaman... that sucks :c. There's nothing I hate more than losing work, I can't imagine losing a whole save's worth.

Noooooo! The tank dropship is mineeeeeeeeeeeee!

1v1 me rust quickscopes only m8

GOOD NEWS! Somewhere along the line I had set aside a folder with almost all of my .craft files in it. While not all of them have all the changes I made on them, they are almost all still there. Except for the battleship, which makes me very, very sad. However, I will be able to get some of them up in the near future. However, I will have to be retired or pulled from the lineup due to the effects of the anomaly. I will probably be uploading my new aircraft within the next few days, which would also include the new B-model variants to several of my existing aircraft. I will then probably work on getting my tanks updated (again), and from there I will probably start working on that battleship (again).

Also, Mobius, one of the new aircraft is an AWACS. You get three guesses as to what its name is. First two don't count.

Cheers man, knew you'd like this. This episode felt great while making it, now all I need to do is make a series of them. As for the salvaging, yep: undoubtedly one of the coolest things I've done recently - who would've though all that could just be lying there. Next time you're in a tricky spot just take a look and you may be able improvise your way out of it. And erh... does this means we're looking at some 1.0 Runeâ„¢ Capital ships coming out in the following few weeks? :D

Well, you got me, that was obviously the first thing that crossed my mind, and I did fire up KSP just after watching the video to have a go at it. I have a tentative multipurpose frigate hull and a pretty nice fighter, but no promises, I am still mostly playing around with Mk3 and Mk2 parts in warships... Given their notoriously weak connections, this things will probably be mostly cosmetic (the do have 50m/s impact tolerances and high mass though, I have yet to do ballistic test against light weapons). Then again, for your series, it's probably best if they are not impregnable, and instead just break in interesting ways!

Rune. I'll keep you updated.

Edited by Rune

Well, you got me, that was obviously the first thing that crossed my mind, and I did fire up KSP just after watching the video to have a go at it. I have a tentative multipurpose frigate hull and a pretty nice fighter, but no promises, I am still mostly playing around with Mk3 and Mk2 parts in warships... Given their notoriously weak connections, this things will probably be mostly cosmetic (the do have 50m/s impact tolerances and high mass though, I have yet to do ballistic test against light weapons). Then again, for your series, it's probably best if they are not impregnable, and instead just break in interesting ways!

Rune. I'll keep you updated.

Sounds interesting, a friend and I were actually doing a little testing of the MK3 parts the other day: as you said, a fairly high impact tolerance... but the second one of those things gets dislodged the whole ship blows up with it, at least that's what I've found (Kind've like

actually xD). It would be cool to see a build technique that could counter that though. Anyway, good luck on those designs :)
GOOD NEWS! Somewhere along the line I had set aside a folder with almost all of my .craft files in it. While not all of them have all the changes I made on them, they are almost all still there. Except for the battleship, which makes me very, very sad. However, I will be able to get some of them up in the near future. However, I will have to be retired or pulled from the lineup due to the effects of the anomaly. I will probably be uploading my new aircraft within the next few days, which would also include the new B-model variants to several of my existing aircraft. I will then probably work on getting my tanks updated (again), and from there I will probably start working on that battleship (again).

Also, Mobius, one of the new aircraft is an AWACS. You get three guesses as to what its name is. First two don't count.

That's great man, shame about the battleship though. Anyway, while you're updating your tanks, there's one thing I'd recommend: remove the KW parts from them. I went ahead and removed it from the mod list a while back. Felt kind've bad about that but I was having some pretty game-breaking memory problems and it was the only solution I could think of. Sorry if that adds anymore time to your updating.

Names for the upcoming HKA and friends versus GMI and friends?

Well, firstly, I have a name for the war which will be starting next episode, as that'll be the first time allied ships appear (Oh gee, I hope one's mine!), the war would be called...

The Great Corporate War.

The battle would be called...

The Battle of the Blockade.

Also, the DL for the PA-1 Avenger : https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6lk3400ux7y29t/FTC%20PA-1%20Avenger.craft?dl=0

Names for the upcoming HKA and friends versus GMI and friends?

Well, firstly, I have a name for the war which will be starting next episode, as that'll be the first time allied ships appear (Oh gee, I hope one's mine!), the war would be called...

The Great Corporate War.

The battle would be called...

The Battle of the Blockade.

Also, the DL for the PA-1 Avenger : https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6lk3400ux7y29t/FTC%20PA-1%20Avenger.craft?dl=0

How about it be called "Operation Breakthrough?"

Quick question HatBat, have you decided on whether or not you are going to use Kerbinside?

Also, on the subject of naming the operation, I think using a non-indicative name would be best, so: Operation Maelstrom.

I also have several ideas for more operations, HatBat, and I will PM those with you within the next few days.

Also, with the amount of RP I have been doing so far it might be a bit irrelevant, but up until now Union Dynamics has been a Manufacturer. However, I would like to change that, and wish to apply for Company status, which would become effective upon the next update of our roster.

Edited by datubaman

Woohoo! We should launch Operation Penetration/Maelstorm/Breakthrough on his birthday. It'll be a guaranteed victory.

I also had the idea to give my Arkbird the brevity code Sky Eye. Since an SR-71 is an eye in the sky and all that. I'll go with Ghost Eye instead. :)

Alright, I've become fed up with everyone calling them I-Beam cannons on all the forms. They are technically a single-use rocket propelled I-Beam lance. As such they shall be known as 'lances.' Because that's what they do. They punch through armor, are generally one-use (similar to medieval lances) and are used to charge the enemy at high speeds. Except instead of horses, they use tiny SRBs. Henceforth, I am creating an index for weapon types.

I-Beam Lances

I-Beam lances are any I-Beam with a propulsion system. Smart I-Beam Lances are similar to those used on the Dreadnought. They have exceptional destructive potential as they exploit a physics glitch, allowing them to clip through the target's armor, soon after, the game's physics engine catches up, causing the two craft to destroy eachother. However, the I-Beam lance usually wins due to it's incredible impact tolerance.

Ion Torpedoes

Ion torpedoes are torpedoes that are propelled using Xenon and Ion drives, they are generally longer range than both Hammer Torpedoes, Dean Torpedoes, and I-Beam Lances. However, they are rarely used due to complexity, part count, and low destructive potential.

Hammer Torpedoes

Hammer torpedoes are SRB driven missiles fired from capital ships, they are typically tipped with structural panels, or an I-Beam spearhead. They have exceptional destructive potential, however, they are only a real threat to other capital ships due to the unwieldy manner in which they are aimed and constructed.

Dean Torpedoes

Dean Torpedoes are named after the father of military KSP, Macey Dean, who has recently returned from a year long hiatus. They consist of two Oscar tanks, a mini docking port on each end, and an Ant engine clipped inside. They're destructive potential varies, and sometimes they fail to penetrate the armor, and sometimes they are capable of destroying capital class craft with a single torpedo.

Edited by Red, the Engineer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.