Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

The new episode will only be a couple of days. That's an interesting idea guys, what exactly do you propose I upload? :)

I dunno. Maybe something like Macey's shipyard series? Show off craft you use in KS, give 'em a snazzy spin. Or something. I just woke up a half hour ago, waiting for a bus to my school campus. Don't ask me questions!

I'd love to give stuff like that a try actually, I'll see how it goes. Though the reason it hasn't really been a thing yet is that all my video-making time gets poured into KS as is. I might be able to work something out though.

Boom...

6r1yWkD.png?1

Well, I've always said that you should take your time and not burn out. There's always RL stuff, and that should take precedence. With that said, of course the more you make thew better, and if KS station swallows too much time because you want it done too awesome, yeah, divert into other stuff. In fact, a particular thing we've talked about once or twice comes to mind... ;)

Rune. I actually have a couple ideas I should PM you about, if you are thinking about doing "the thing" next, to ease things for you.

Hey HatBat, if you're not to busy, would you mind making a logo part for my company? logo: http://imgur.com/Kfn1q1v

Coming right up. It will be in the science tab when you load the game.

Judging by the shape of the command pod in your post, is this Kethane Station episode going to use 1.0.2?

Yeah, I've updated since I finished filming but at the time I didn't want to stall production by messing about with updating everything.

Well, I've always said that you should take your time and not burn out. There's always RL stuff, and that should take precedence. With that said, of course the more you make thew better, and if KS station swallows too much time because you want it done too awesome, yeah, divert into other stuff. In fact, a particular thing we've talked about once or twice comes to mind... ;)

Rune. I actually have a couple ideas I should PM you about, if you are thinking about doing "the thing" next, to ease things for you.

Thanks for your advice Rune, I finally have a designated time to start working on 'the thing', which shouldn't be too long. Looking forward to that PM.

Kapow...

HZJrMh5.png?1

Well... 'the thing'. Obviously.

And just as obviosly, not 'the other thing'. That would not be 'the thing' that we want to do, it would be something else. :sticktongue:

I'm also waiting for The Martian, and that piece of advertisement is awesome. I approve!

Rune. Sent!

The Siege on Kerbin Begins...

This episode push comes to shove as the HKA fleet begin the fight to take back kerbin.

Rickson is pushed by anger to revolt against GMI, whilst Bill and the other survivors of the

attack on the KSC await HKA's return on the surface down below.

This really is the mother of all episodes, 30 minutes long and filled with cinematics and combat. Just remembering back to when I released episode 22, didn't I say something like "two weeks until episode 23".... yeah, sorry about that. I simply didn't anticipate the sheer scale of this episode and the effort it would take to make it. I'll try to make episodes more regularly after episode 24, which will host the battle to take back the KSC. In any case I hope you enjoy it, I'm certainly quite proud of it :)

Before I go, I must say a huge thankyou to everyone who has kindly donated their ships to the series! At the beginning and recently. Although I may not get around to using all of them, I greatly appreciate you enjoying the series enough to take the time to submit them. It means a lot to me. Just not to confuse anybody, submissions are still open and forever will be.

The Siege on Kerbin Begins...

This episode push comes to shove as the HKA fleet begin the fight to take back kerbin.

Rickson is pushed by anger to revolt against GMI, whilst Bill and the other survivors of the

attack on the KSC await HKA's return on the surface down below.

This really is the mother of all episodes, 30 minutes long and filled with cinematics and combat. Just remembering back to when I released episode 22, didn't I say something like "two weeks until episode 23".... yeah, sorry about that. I simply didn't anticipate the sheer scale of this episode and the effort it would take to make it. I'll try to make episodes more regularly after episode 24, which will host the battle to take back the KSC. In any case I hope you enjoy it, I'm certainly quite proud of it :)

Before I go, I must say a huge thankyou to everyone who has kindly donated their ships to the series! At the beginning and recently. Although I may not get around to using all of them, I greatly appreciate you enjoying the series enough to take the time to submit them. It means a lot to me. Just not to confuse anybody, submissions are still open and forever will be.

As awesome as I expected! And you know, when the... Keres? decides to blow itself up after what only looked like cosmetic damage, that was priceless! Clearly a design flaw that left some exposed thermal exhaust port or something. ;) The shame is that I almost didn't get to see it! It was old anyway I guess :P

Oh, and the shot that killed the Victory: that was one hell of a shot. You phased through the armor! :0.0:

Looking forward to the next one whenever it comes, and will surely watch this one more than once!

Rune. I can't help but think GMI was severely outgunned in weapon calibre there, though...

I heard Canberra Defiance and my heart skipped a beat! Off to make a release

No problem man, the Defiance is awesome :)

Aww yeah, glad to have the MU ships show their worth! The Recon Corvette, oddly enough, was my first "true" military ship I made in KSP. Very happy to see it still functions well in 1.0+.

They certainly did show their worth, the torps on those things are on another level. Probably going to have HKA do research into getting them for ourselves.

Excellent work with the video! It's beautiful.

Also, Cyten made the cut! Yay! I can't wait to see my LAV in action! :D

Cheers Mobius, ur a dream memr m8 <3

As awesome as I expected! And you know, when the... Keres? decides to blow itself up after what only looked like cosmetic damage, that was priceless! Clearly a design flaw that left some exposed thermal exhaust port or something. ;) The shame is that I almost didn't get to see it! It was old anyway I guess :P

Oh, and the shot that killed the Victory: that was one hell of a shot. You phased through the armor! :0.0:

Looking forward to the next one whenever it comes, and will surely watch this one more than once!

Rune. I can't help but think GMI was severely outgunned in weapon calibre there, though...

Thanks man, enjoyed using your ships more than ever this episode. Yeah... the way the Keres blew up: I'm catching the familiar scent of Kraken. As I brought the Raptor around I could see it starting to spasm. Spooky stuff. I know what you mean about GMI being a little bit out gunned, I was expecting it to go rather differently: at least I'll be a little more wise for future battles. Though I'm sure GMI have something up their sleeve regardless...

Awesome! Sadly, though, my Boar didn't participate.

You never know :)

What will the next episode require in terms of units? Planes, ground units, naval ships?
Since the space fighting part is mostly finished, next part will mostly need planes and tanks.

As Sharkman said, atmo vessels. So yeah: planes and tanks. At the moment it's a little bit late to get lots of extra ships into the battle though, perhaps I'll pick a few though.

Too late to enter it, but after I got inspired by the Helios (Or whatever the wing armour one is that got damaged, not the carrier) and that Probe-Tek fighter, not the small swarm ones though, I came up with an awesome, light, but hopefully deadly gunship, at just 22 tons! It has 2 stacks of 2 650 Torps, which are basically 650 I beams with 2 seperatrons and an octagonal strut, unguided, nearing the tip of the ship, to aid in unguided accuracy and 2 postertorps (High-Velocity-High-Mass) At the sides, not gonna enter it because it's way too late and it's untested, but wanted to say that you and Spartwo inspired me! Same way with my Monument-Class, got inspired by the Aegis, it's nothing like the Aegis, though. Heres an album for you :P

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Again, as I said, not entering it. Too late and it's untested. Really glad to see ep 23, especially since it's long!

Anybody got suggestions for the next episode? I thought after the last episode that you guys might not want to see yet another episode of HKA and GMI basically just slugging it out while I make scrap metal of everyone's lovingly crafted submissions. It might be cool to instead do it is a slightly shorter video (just over 15 minutes) and as a cinematic. I'm indifferent though, I'd just like to hear what you all think. I don't want to rush into making a cinematic, as it would be a shame not to show everyone's ships in full detail.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.