Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

Hey Hatbat, what we had talked about in the PM earlier, I got one more experiment I'd like to do then I ll give you my findings.

Plus I ll give you a preview of two new weapon systems I've been working on.

Here's a hint:

Spooky and Light

Edit: All craft (that I was going to update) have been updated, tested, and ready to go.

Have not been posted yet though. I ll do that later

Also that experiment I wanted to do has been done and proven very successful.

I ll PM you later with my results

Edited by War Eagle 1

Did anyone other than me found that BD Armory explosions are too much strong ? I mean , i shot a 20t ( 20 f***ing tons !!!! ) tank with a 120mm ( not that big of a gun ) and the explosion sent it flying hundreds of meters in the sky ... O.o and the rockets are even more powerful ! I think that the author should tweak the force wich the object experience form explosions U.U IMHO

Did anyone other than me found that BD Armory explosions are too much strong ? I mean , i shot a 20t ( 20 f***ing tons !!!! ) tank with a 120mm ( not that big of a gun ) and the explosion sent it flying hundreds of meters in the sky ... O.o and the rockets are even more powerful ! I think that the author should tweak the force wich the object experience form explosions U.U IMHO

There must be a way to tweak that in the config files, mustn't it? I also though it was a bit excessive.

Set up air to ground mission were you take on 4 enemy unit and 3 laser units (those set to target missiles only) that will change your perspective

Hmmm... Interesting...

If Hatbat doesn't reply to my PM today, I ll let everyone know about the experiments Ive been running.

As far as the updates and new craft….I ll try to get those out later too. I ve been distracted by an ace combat tournament

Edited by War Eagle 1

Set up air to ground mission were you take on 4 enemy unit and 3 laser units (those set to target missiles only) that will change your perspective

If Hatbat doesn't reply to my PM today, I ll let everyone know about the experiments Ive been running.

As far as the updates and new craft….I ll try to get those out later too. I ve been distracted by an ace combat tournament

I did try flying through some AA gun emplacements i built around KSC but i didn't found them being so powerful and cheesy to require super explosions that could send them flying for thousands of meters in the air , they are pretty accurate but you can still easely juke them by doing evasive maneuvres and such . What i wanted to say is that i'm ok with the damage a missile/tank shell could do ( maybe a bit more ) , the force of the explosion on the other hand is too much powerful ! I mean , do you know what kind of explosion is needed to make a 20t tank fly ?!

BTW i checked the configs and there's not an option to tweak these things , those are hardcoded and can only be modified by the author of the mod for now . I hope we could see a much more tweakable config file in the future !

I did try flying through some AA gun emplacements i built around KSC but i didn't found them being so powerful and cheesy to require super explosions that could send them flying for thousands of meters in the air , they are pretty accurate but you can still easely juke them by doing evasive maneuvres and such . What i wanted to say is that i'm ok with the damage a missile/tank shell could do ( maybe a bit more ) , the force of the explosion on the other hand is too much powerful ! I mean , do you know what kind of explosion is needed to make a 20t tank fly ?!

BTW i checked the configs and there's not an option to tweak these things , those are hardcoded and can only be modified by the author of the mod for now . I hope we could see a much more tweakable config file in the future !

Which guns did you use?

So lately I have been working on some secret projects. Some of which I haven't released yet but here is one I have been working on. After fully testing I have found a way to add lasers from BD Armory into the series without them being OP

#1. Missile defense system

With the new update to BD Armory, you can make crafts enter a guard mode. This mode allows players to fight against AI's sort of like the skillful mod. However, players can make crafts attack two different types of targets. Normally they would attack the craft itself but with the simple click of a button, you can make the AI only target missiles fired from enemy crafts.

This is where the laser comes in. What you can do is set up crafts with lasers to defend key areas like an base or something. And because the laser is so powerful and so accurate they are perfect for the job. That being said, any craft launching a missile at a target will be surprised to find lasers simply shooting their missile out of the sky.

However the laser defense system has two weaknesses.

1. Over heats with long cool down

2. Cant attack unguided weapons (except bombs)

So to counter the lasers a player can do one of two things.

First- Overwhelm the laser system with enough missiles. Because the laser over heats quickly, if you fire enough missiles, one will eventually hit.

Second- Take out the laser with unguided weapons. Because it can't shoot down guns or rockets they are perfect for taking out lasers. Odd though that it can still target bombs however. Oh well

So for a ground laser, rules are

*it will only be used for defense.

* one laser per craft.

* No extra powerful weapons (50 cal guns are fine)

#2 Airborne Laser.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_YAL-1

Much like the YAL-1, the airborne laser's mission will be to shoot down ICBM's during boost phase.

So for a posible senario.

HKA launches Nuke ICBM at allied forces. The airborne laser craft shoots it while it is launching.

Rules for craft

*one laser

*only weapon can be laser.

So after talking with Hatbat, he (please correct me if I am wrong) he will allow lasers into the series based on the following rules.

Edit: soon to come.

Death from Above.

Edited by War Eagle 1

Which guns did you use?

2 .50 cals per gun emplacement , since they don't have arc of fire issues and they still have enough firpower to shoot anything ( if i stick around them for too long no matter how well i evade some shots are gonna get in and in a plane a shot is more than enough to make it unflyable ) out of the sky . Vulcans and GAUs are more for APCs and ground attack planes .

@War Eagle 1

"Spooky" huh? I cannot wait now, you have peaked my interest.

Oh and BTW, it takes around 7 min for the YAL-1 to heat up a Scuds fuel to combustion, just so you know, perhaps you can tweak the config files for more realism? It would be appreciated as I get annoyed when people go "omg lazors are gonna kill everything soon! the US is the ultimate in tech!" while in all honesty hypersonic weapons are the real trump card(at least for now) which is why I will try to make a Stock + Spaceplane plus version of the Soviet 3M-25 Meteorite(F-750 Thunder)

Here is a link to the missile:

http://rbase.new-factoria.ru/missile/wobb/meteorit/meteorit.shtml

Everyone is about to get fvcking rekt by me.

I gave him the newest save file so I would guess that he is filming the cinematic. I can't wait to see this

Prepare for massive updates and new crafts.

Soon to be updated

PG files

Jubilant Clas LFV

Alpha Class Tank

E-313 AWACS

PG-24 Arrowblade

PG-34 Aquila

Spirit Class LGT

PG file to be added

AC-313 Gunship

AL-313

PG-27 Temple

Other file updates

APC

To be added

Scorpion variants

Sentry Drone variants

With these updates I ll also update the Manifest files.

Also note that the ones with variants won't have pics for all craft sense the changes more based on weapons than anything else

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.