Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

They're from BD Armoury. However I did say that the missile related functions of the mod were only permitted for ground support. So they might not be staying on there, it depends how powerful they are. I've yet to test them.

Didn't realize they had updated BD. Boy its going to be a fun night

Edit: That also means I may have to edit some of my crafts

Edited by War Eagle 1

After some testing using Burn Together, the new rocket pods and two retrofitted XD-H fighters... I've concluded that the rocket pods are permitted for the Space Fighter class, however the maximum amount on any one ship is two pods. You might want to do some tweaking MissionController.

After some testing using Burn Together, the new rocket pods and two retrofitted XD-H fighters... I've concluded that the rocket pods are permitted for the Space Fighter class, however the maximum amount on any one ship is two pods. You might want to do some tweaking MissionController.

I got 5 crafts I got to update. And because you say we can add rocket pods I ll add those to the star fighter

Edited by War Eagle 1

I got 5 crafts I got to update. And because you say we can add rocket pods I ll add those to the star fighter

Cool, but the StarFighter does already have a lot of weapons. Perhaps just the one pod will do. And when do you plan to add some additional modular stock weapons to that thing? If you did then it would probably be my dream fighter xD

Update:

5 craft have been updated

E-313 AWACS (now modded, added BD armory to it)

PG-24 Arrowblade

PGSF-3D Cherub

PGUAV-B Prayerful

PGV-34 Aquila

Hatbat, I ll work on adding stock weapons tomorrow. Have you given any thought to a actual name to it yet?

Camaron, use the same damn post to show your ships, don't make a new post, edit the old one, got it? :)

Lol, we're not trying to scare people off. And erh... did he delete the post? Because I would have liked to have read it first :P

Update:

5 craft have been updated

E-313 AWACS (now modded, added BD armory to it)

PG-24 Arrowblade

PGSF-3D Cherub

PGUAV-B Prayerful

PGV-34 Aquila

Hatbat, I ll work on adding stock weapons tomorrow. Have you given any thought to a actual name to it yet?

Sounds good to me. I was thinking of just naming the fighter 'Raptor' again. The previous version never saw action, so let's not kill the Raptor line xD

Sounds good to me. I was thinking of just naming the fighter 'Raptor' again. The previous version never saw action, so let's not kill the Raptor line xD

Raptor II?

BTW defiantly check out the updated craft. I added flairs. I think you can pull of some great cinematic shots with it.

There may or may not have been issues with running out of various things in various craft. It's all good now.

y3fxV6A.png

I'll go through everything and double check.

It's not the battle cinematic I promised the other day (don't worry, that's still coming) but I have a feeling this might excite some of you guys :)

Guess what time it is. MAXIMUM MILITARY OVERDRIVE TIME!!!

Edited by Spartwo

So, just so there is stuff to put inside all those shiny new carriers, there, a 100% stock SSTO fighter with a ridiculously small footprint. Go to the original thread for more details:

UKSN Knife

IMGUR ALBUM:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

That would be a Space fighter as a category (Duh), in the general market from unknown manufacturers, since it was first deployed by the UKSN (United Kerbal Space Navy). While they never publicize the names of the manufacturers of their ships, or even the details of the contracts, old models are known to be often resold in civilian markets to make quick funds for the latest acquisition the higher ups have decided their military can't live without. It's usually some humongous ship of dubious utility, but you know the military mindset... Since thousands where at service at some point, either GMI or HKA could have easily gotten their hands on a few, but given its shady origin, it's unlikely it would be law-abiding HKA's first choice, unless they were at though financial times and/or had to shore up their fleet quickly.

DOWNLOAD:

http://www./download/lqglthlkm41d2rn/UKSN+Knife+SSTO+Fighter.craft

Rune. Enough flavour text for you?

Edited by Rune

So, just so there is stuff to put inside all those shiny new carriers, there, a 100% stock SSTO fighter with a ridiculously small footprint.

That would be a Space fighter as a category (Duh), in the general market from unknown manufacturers, since it was first deployed by the UKSN (United Kerbal Space Navy). While they never publicize the names of the manufacturers of their ships, or even the details of the contracts, old models are known to be resold in civilian markets to make quick funds for the latest acquisition the higher ups have decided their military can't live without. It's usually some humongous ship of dubious utility, but you know the military mindset... Since thousands where in service at some point, either GMI or HKA could have easily gotten their hands on a few, but given its shady origin, it's unlikely it would be law-abiding HKA's first choice, unless they were going through rough times times financially and/or had to shore up their fleet quickly.

That ship looks great, to pass HKA regulations the top engineers might have to retrofit it with some modular torps, ion engines and perhaps a BD Armoury turret just to keep the edge in combat. But other than that, this little fighter looks like it has some big potential as a cheap and reliable primary fighter for HKA/GMI.

Rune. Enough flavour text for you?

...Sorry, what? I was too busy drooling over that amazing roleplay description Rune just wro- oh wait, hey Rune!

Never noticed quite how small fortress classes were until I put it beside things. Kinda puts a lot of craft to shame.

You're hurting my brain again Spartwo... is having a smaller carrier an advantage or not here?

Hey Hatbat.

I Updated the Raptor II. It now has 6 I beam missiles that can be reloaded.

I also added an APC that can hold 9 kernels

I ll start working on the text file version others manifest soon

Edited by War Eagle 1

It's debateable. While larger carriers are able to carry exponentially more hanger mass in comparison to their own mass they present a larger target making them more vulnerable. Larger carriers have shown to be better on the offensive though as attacks can come in from afar, out of the reach of larger craft. Small carriers are good at defending due to the nature of turn based combat. Carriers are by far the most complicated ships to use and making the right choice in size can make a big difference.

pX7psUs.png

Personally I follow the 'eggs in one basket' ideal and think smaller is better(seeing as I have almost the lightest independent combat craft possible) It's all a matter of opinion in the end.

Now I want to do a tutorial on military design but others know more than me in a fair few areas.

It's debateable. While larger carriers are able to carry exponentially more hanger mass in comparison to their own mass they present a larger target making them more vulnerable. Larger carriers have shown to be better on the offensive though as attacks can come in from afar, out of the reach of larger craft. Small carriers are good at defending due to the nature of turn based combat. Carriers are by far the most complicated ships to use and making the right choice in size can make a big difference.

....Sorry, am I speaking to the KSP wiki or Spartwo? That's some seriously good advice.

Personally I follow the 'eggs in one basket' ideal and think smaller is better(seeing as I have almost the lightest independent combat craft possible) It's all a matter of opinion in the end.

Very true, but you'd be surprised how awkward it is to use small carriers like the Fortress. A big hangar can be much more combat efficient, at least for my kind of combat, in which speed matters; It's important to get fighters in and out the hangar quick because you never know when I might just decide to cut to GMI and fire off a few missiles.

Now I want to do a tutorial on military design but others know more than me in a fair few areas.

... community driven stock military wiki thread, now please. *cracks whip*

EDIT: ...wtf stupid b*tch Rune. Y iz mi fortress caled fakin Pathfinder. Dats bs. (Don't worry Rune, I still luvs ya). And erh, why is the Fortress green, Spartwo? xD (It looks pretty good, especially with the green lights)

Edited by HatBat

EDIT: ...wtf stupid b*tch Rune. Y iz mi fortress caled fakin Pathfinder. Dats bs. (Don't worry Rune, I still luvs ya). And erh, why is the Fortress green, Spartwo? xD

The Carrier? I think you either named it in the series after I posted it, or I didn't remember you had named it when I posted it. Either way, it can perfectly be retconned into the Pathfinder-class light carrier Fortress (or the other way around). Luv ya 2!

http://i.imgur.com/pX7psUs.png

The Fortress (or Pathfinder, whatever you wanna call it, let's say the designation is misinformation for the enemy) was indeed designed to be as light as possible. Plus I had one compact fighter that I could fit in there in groups of four, hence the hangar size. But I am also very much of the opinion small is the way to go. Not only do you get much less lag, it also makes tactical sense: a distributed amount of medium ordnance across medium ships will make most of your shots count, while fewer bigger ships with heavier weaponry would "waste" their massive weapons on an enemy that can absorb more damage (by number of shots as with the right missile one hit is one kill) and still fight back effectively. But you know, RL rules ruin your day when telling compelling stories sometimes, because nobody wants to hear about the life of a missile drone swarm and/or submunition hub, and capital ships and space fighters look cool.

That ship looks great, to pass HKA regulations the top engineers might have to retrofit it with some modular torps, ion engines and perhaps a BD Armoury turret just to keep the edge in combat. But other than that, this little fighter looks like it has some big potential as a cheap and reliable primary fighter for HKA/GMI.

I think Ions would be too troublesome to integrate to be worth it (and 882m/s between runs with the liquid fuel tank empty but both missiles equipped should be enough if it is based on a carrier that can spare monoprop to refuel). Plus, you can't complain about T/W with the monprop engines, 0.76 fully loaded :sticktongue:. But a .50 cal turret on the underside and some ammo would be incredibly easy to add (ammo on top to balance CoM). That way you have BD armament for ground attack and a stock torpedo capable of ripping through capital ship skin (look at the final velocity in the album, last picture), what you usually use in cinematics. I did think about this thread while building it ;) Besides, BD armoury weaponry again cap ships makes the cap ship looks a bit like a horrendously expensive target dummy filled with fireworks.

Rune. Not that that is a bad thing, somethimes.

Edited by Rune

>snip<

What, swarms are awesome. Nothing is scarier than 100 fighters zipping around you in close formation.

Wow, this thread has exploded! Busy working on a new military project for my company do don't expect anything quick but I'll submit ships over the weekend, Keep it up guys!

HatBat and Suestra's awesomeness may have caused other people to go into super ultra military overdrive.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.