Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

I warned you to prepare weeks ago. That's why my submissions were sp+ so they would survive the transition unscathed.

But what if they don't and KSP doesn't recognize those parts without the mod?

Plus not to mention how much time I will have to spend on the Glory Class Carrier!!

That and I bet Kerbpaint is going to be officially broken

Edited by War Eagle 1

But what if they don't and KSP doesn't recognize those parts without the mod?

Plus not to mention how much time I will have to spend on the Glory Class Carrier!!

That and I bet Kerbpaint is going to be officially broken

I did mean with the mod. Lift ratings won't really affect orbital ships anyway so...

It's not to bad actually, just strip away all the wings for one and SP+ the other. Once .25 rolls around transitioning it should be a part-by-part replacement(Hopefully, SP+ cambuk is huge by comparison and 40 tons heavier)

It's survived a year so far and I think it'll be fine even if you have to merge 4 different downloads as it is.

I did mean with the mod. Lift ratings won't really affect orbital ships anyway so...

Wouldn't keeping the mod in be redundant though?

It's not to bad actually, just strip away all the wings for one and SP+ the other. Once .25 rolls around transitioning it should be a part-by-part replacement(Hopefully, SP+ cambuk is huge by comparison and 40 tons heavier)

Except making armor and making ships look pretty has never been my specialty. I think it took me almost 40 hours total (gameplay) to make the Glory look the way it does not and I am not looking forward to doing that again especially with my college classes now starting to bring the hammer down with school work

It's survived a year so far and I think it'll be fine even if you have to merge 4 different downloads as it is.

That maybe so but I bet with SP+ being added that all changes. Plus you know darn well how bad I am with figuring out computer stuff let alone testing to see if my Macbook can handle all the mods

Either way…Hatbat should wait to see how much damage .25 does before starting season 2. That way people have time to fix all their submissions

I'm not too worried, as I might replace some old craft with new, better ones, and simply fix the broken ships I'd like to keep.

It's about time for the MU to reboot its catalogue anyways, so this'll be for the best. :)

For the best maybe... Am I happy with it…no

Have you ever heard the joke about conservatives and lightbulbs?

"How many conservatives does it take to change a lightbulb?"

"CHANGE!!! NOOOOO!!!"

Thats true for me in more ways than one

Either way it maybe best to start thinking about retiring the Glory.

If I can really fix it, would you be willing to help me make a new heavy carrier SK?

Edited by War Eagle 1

That maybe so but I bet with SP+ being added that all changes. Plus you know darn well how bad I am with figuring out computer stuff let alone testing to see if my Macbook can handle all the mods

You should probably remove kerbpaint after the update, as it turns out that's what's been giving me all the lag. Even with BD armory and SP+ together they don't create as much.

Ok so after going to my thinking place for a bit I have come to the following conclusion

Starting today I am initiating Revival Protocol (those from the battle thread should know what this means)

Guess I found my silver lining

Edit: Sadly this update will also mean the end of the KSS Spirit of Kerbin.

Replicas could be made I guess but unless "he" comes back and fixes them…all Harbinger Class Carriers will be done

Edited by War Eagle 1

Ok so after going to my thinking place for a bit I have come to the following conclusion

Starting today I am initiating Revival Protocol (those from the battle thread should know what this means)

Guess I found my silver lining

Normally the words project, protocol, or anything along those lines means you've staked a claim to a body and are in overdrive?

New intel suggests that the UKN is testing a new ship in orbit around Kerbin. A small probe transmitted this picture before contact was lost.

http://imgur.com/a/3IeLW

Oh well, might as well take the Mako and A.D.A. (my old SX-3 flagship from way back) out for a spin before 0.25 rolls out... :P

Also, I've sort of realized that some of the new SP+ wing parts going in to stock will allow for much sleeker ships...

The most recent dev notes said:

"If you want to start preparing your saves for the release, I recommend recovering all ongoing spaceplane missions. The parts that have been most changed are the C7 delta wing and triangular wing sections, standard and small control surfaces, and minor changes were done to the mk1 fuselages and cockpit, and the entire mk2 set. I know it’s a bit of a hassle to have to do this, but trust me when I say it’s going to be well worth it!"

Yup, anything with wings flying will look weird at least in the words of Harvester. But you could save the orbital information on your actual savefile, and substitute the ship info with the updated files we provide. That should help things along... (and refill all fuel tanks in the process). A complicated savefile editing, but the other alternative is hyperedit which is the same only program-mediated.

Rune. The Miner and anything with plates instead of wings at least should work just fine.

Yup, anything with wings flying will look weird at least in the words of Harvester. But you could save the orbital information on your actual savefile, and substitute the ship info with the updated files we provide. That should help things along... (and refill all fuel tanks in the process). A complicated savefile editing, but the other alternative is hyperedit which is the same only program-mediated.

Rune. The Miner and anything with plates instead of wings at least should work just fine.

Well, that's what I did when 0.24.2 broke the save. But don't rush yourselves guys, I'm going to be using 0.24.2 for the final episode this season regardless of whether or not 0.25 is released. And I'm going to be making SoK before season 2.

You're being a bit pessimistic.

Yes I know.

I still don't like how I have to go back and fix my craft. My thought process is "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

But now that I starting Revival I'm finding silver linings. For example I found a way to modernize the Glory Class.

Not going to reveal anything for a while though

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.