Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

Hey, here are my submissions to the series under the company gleno-space, featured in my youtube videos. I have made a powerpoint in the download which contains all the details of my submission but I'll type them all out here with some of the pictures as well so you can decide if you want it: https://www./?d9zt6ado7fa2ded

qiFTilV.png

AJ-1 stands for Acrobatics Jet Mk1. It originally started out life as part of a 4 plane series under the title AJ-1 Class O, however it was the only design out of the 4 deemed safe enough for commercial use. Through many iterations it is today Gleno-Space’s prime attack aircraft designed for air to air combat and spy missions. The AJ-1 comes equipped with 4 sidewinder missiles and disruption pods. At full weight of 4.78 tonnes the AJ-1 will lift off at 25m/s. The AJ-1 comprises 30 parts.

Thrust to weight ratio: 3.20

Delta V: 4343 m/s

lDB6qpG.png

The GAV-2 (ground assault vehicle Mk2) was originally created as a light ground attack vehicle but was discontinued with the release of Gleno-Space’s Heavy Tank. The GAV blueprints lay in the corner collecting dust for many months until the release of 0.22 where the Heavy tank all of a sudden stopped working. The GAV was reborn as the GAV-2 now equipped with hydra rocket pods and gatling guns. While it may be fast and have considerable firepower it is lightly armoured to keep the weight down to 6.5 tonnes and the part count down to 65.

NV40k5L.png

Gleno-Space created the Destroyer as a means of defending orbital stations from attack. At 192 parts and 75 tonnes it is a force to be reckoned with though still fairly light weight for a capitol ship making it economical as well. The destroyer class O is equipped with 3 Hadies Solid Rocket Torpedos and 8 guided anti fighter torpedos. With 4 nuclear engines to power it this vessel can travel great distances on its own power. The Destroyer Class O can be reloaded once all missiles have been fired thanks to tugs attached to each missile assembly and the craft itself is manned by 3 pilots.

Thrust to weight ratio: 0.6

Delta V: 3298 m/s

PYypigQ.png

The SAF-5 is one of many fighters Gleno-Space has been developing, mainly for station defence. This iteration comes standard with 2 hydra rocket pods and is powered by ion engines and solar power. The fighter also has a reaction control system (RCS) for use of docking. This fighter was originally made using stock missiles however after the 0.22 update the missiles malfunctioned and exploded.

The SAF-5 weighs 5.78 tonnes and consists of 43 parts

Thrust to weight ratio: 0.07

Delta V: 1010m/s

So that's everything, the backstory of my company and the flag/logo are all in the download as well as the craft files for the four ships.

Edited by RatchetinSpace

Craft Download: http://ge.tt/5kehHf22/v/0?c

Ok, I'm not sure whether they meet your restraints or not, but let me share some of my crappy designs. The archive contains a document with craft history and specifications as well. Both of them are configured with BD Armory Weapons Manager System.

ApKJMuK.png

UKSF L-1 Lambda (Resale refit)

Mods: MechJeb, BD Armory 0.6.1

SVYfYl3.png

UKSF M-4 Hellrazor (Resale refit)

Mods: MechJeb, BD Armory 0.6.1

Since I'm mostly playing on a laptop, I cannot make a huge craft with over 200 parts at all.

Craft Download: http://ge.tt/4d6vdf22/v/0?c

Tiny space fighters for compact carrier operation.

87hFCi0.png

Combustion fuel version. F-100A Mini

jNektIh.png

Long range scout. F-100B Mini

Oolar corp. was founded by Dr. Oolar Kerman who was discharged from UKSF avionics laboratory due to raising safety concern against the lab organizer. The goal of the Oolar corp. is simple: provide affordable, safe, and reliable spacecrafts for private sector.

I've been working on a large number of designs. However, they are all seemingly far larger than most of the designs I've been looking at here. My primary fighter ship (for example) dwarfs the size of some of the carriers I've seen around, and has a base dV of 2 km/s (and up to 7km/s with fully loaded wing tanks) while only retaining the minor armaments as required (.50 cal turret, one Hydra rocket pod, 4 rail missiles (currently under-designed and unreloadable)). That ship I've recent redesigned to have a base variant with zero capability (but modular capabilities to attach different 'wings' to enable a fighter config or carrier config). Another is a carrier containing some 8 drone fighters (each only armed with a single .50 cal turret), while yet another has the capacity for up to 40 tons of cargo (or up to 8 drones).

The main things I'm starting to wonder are based upon simple logistics. The rules state stock only for capital type ships; however, does it make much sense for a capital ship to be unable to rearm its child ships (drones, fighters, etc) with more ammunition? The way the rules state, I cannot place ammo boxes directly onboard the capital ship, but rather must develop specific rearming logistics ships to then either dock the drones to or the capital ship itself (whereupon the drones would be onboard the capital ship).

I'm not trying to find issues in the rules, I just want to figure out what exactly I can do so I can best develop my ships to better specifications and optimize their roles on the battlefields and such. Truth is, desthese ships is where I'm finding all my enjoyment of KSP currently.

Sounds like you've got some really cool designs! The reason carriers aren't allowed to carry extra ammunition is to stop BD armoury weapons from having too much of an advantage over stock weapons, but the way things are going they probably won't need extra ammo - BD turrets in the series will be limited to a short yet undecided amount of time for which they can fire in each turn. For example: if I had 5 seconds worth of firing time in a turn I might spend 3 seconds of it on one ship and 2 seconds on another. This means even a small amount of ammunition will last a long time.

Any Interest in a semi-failed super carrier design of mine? I won't Be submitting it with the rest of the stuff I'm planning on releasing later due to its relatively frail structure. Still it is HUGE and could be fun to use as a forwards base or something.

037E41B211057FB6A96B4B2B17513FCEF063276E

It masses in a bit over 600 tons with almost 700 parts (less without the fighters I had pre-included hanger). It has a massive hollow center that will allow you to fit surprisingly large ships inside as well as a launch tube with a functioning mass relay that can boost ships into new orbits (use at your own risk).

2B26CC406DFC68D04DBD71F3C44514917D077D1B

E0985B9B1A51106370DC3F1FFEF19F20473723BF

Again, its not the toughest of ships, a well placed I-Beam round could easily destroy it. But still it is massive and could be cool to have as the target of some light fighter attack or something. I can also do some customization work if you want it (How many fighters you want, of what kind, how much ammo, other specialized features, where you want it in orbit). The capsule fighters shown with it are also really nice as they have a pretty good range, good RCS, and are only 16-17 parts!

(Also thanks for pointing out super happy squid, always nice to have even more KSP to watch, though he is eerily similar to Macy dean during the early days)

Edited by DerpenWolf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.