(Outdated) [0.25] The Mac OS X Thread

KSP for Mac (and Linux) only uses OpenGL – there's no need to add an option for it.

That thread is for Windows users. Windows KSP defaults to DirectX, which is a Microsoft product only available on Windows and Xboxes.

Anyone else notice ground-shadows no longer appear in 0.25? Performance also appears to have dropped severely (which is disappointing because 0.24.2 with Yosemitie was running silky smooth).

I have serious shader problems too. I put this on OSX Yosemites bill... which OSX Version do you use?

I have serious shader problems too. I put this on OSX Yosemites bill... which OSX Version do you use?

Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) now. But I'm leaning toward it being a problem with KSP 0.25 rather than Yosemite (or the unique combination of the two) because I didn't notice the problem in KSP 0.24.2 with Yosemite.

Good evening..

i'm pretty much a brand new player and I have started trying to narrow down an issue i'm seeing.

I have a Mac Mini 2.3GHz i5 with 16GB memory. I'm running 10.9.5, fully patched and current.

I just downloaded and started playing KSP Version 0.25.0.642

my issue only seems to happen in full screen mode and at random times I get the spinning beach ball of death and KSP screen stops updating.

The computer is running fine and I can Command tab out to another screen.. The Tail of my Player.log is not much help it indicated nothing about a memory issue. i was going to post it here but I see when I restart KsP it refreshes the file. I'll attempt to lock it up again and get the log saved off.

Flying pretty blind here so be gentle please. I'm happy to provide any other information. I love the game, but its frustrating being 4000~k from ground and the game stops.. making me Force Quit.

Thanks in advance.

Hello there, since the newest update I'm experiencing two new bugs:

- Can't load planes in SPH

- Can't launch planes in SPH, I only see the Exit button highlighted after clicking Launch, and no matter what I click, nothing happens.

Is anyone else with OS X Yosemite experiencing these issues? I'm using the Early 2014 MacBook Air on which KSP usually runs fine.

If you need any more information, just quote me, I just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this for now.

Can you check that you have an SPH folder in your save? It should be: KSP/saves/[your save name]/Ships/SPH/. If not, make one.

If you do have an SPH folder, move it elsewhere and make a new one. Then you can try moving your .craft files from the old SPH to the new SPH one at a time.

Can you check that you have an SPH folder in your save? It should be: KSP/saves/[your save name]/Ships/SPH/. If not, make one.

If you do have an SPH folder, move it elsewhere and make a new one. Then you can try moving your .craft files from the old SPH to the new SPH one at a time.

Ah, I didn't have it, i will inform you if it works or not.

Ok so I am running a 2013 MBP. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Yosemite. I have uninstalled and Reinstalled KSP, I have run the game modded, unmodded, I have used ATM and uninstalled ATM, I have re-downloaded ATM. Currently right now I have a completely stock KSP and the same problem keep persisting. There is an unplayable amount of lag when I press launch and sometimes in the VAB. I have no idea what to do I have done everything on this list http://www.hightechdad.com/2014/10/23/13-tips-optimize-mac-yosemite-installation/ and still I have zero success in eliminating this lag. I have never had this issue before in the year I have played KSP. I am strongly considering rolling back to Mavericks but I am afraid it wont work and I will lose an hour of my life installing and reinstalling mavericks and Yosemite. This is my player log https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log?dl=0. Looking at my activity monitor while playing a heavily modded version of KSP along with ATM the usage peaks at 1.98 gb. Well within my machines abilities, and well within the max 4gb KSP allows with a 32 bit install. I am dumbfounded, desperate, and extremely frustrated.

@sp1989:

Nothing obvious pops out in your log. You might try playing around with the ATM settings. For graphics settings, try turning off the SM3 Terrain Shaders and anti-aliasing. Those can result in big performance hits.

Also, I believe Activity Monitor doesn't report full memory usage, just physical RAM usage.

@LtHaus:

Welcome to the forums! Your next post should show up a lot faster than the last two.

If you can get KSP to lock up again, please follow the guidelines in the Stock Support & Bug Reporting Guide. If you're looking through the Player.log yourself, the key word in the error message will be "malloc" (memory allocate).

@sp1989:

Nothing obvious pops out in your log. You might try playing around with the ATM settings. For graphics settings, try turning off the SM3 Terrain Shaders and anti-aliasing. Those can result in big performance hits.

Also, I believe Activity Monitor doesn't report full memory usage, just physical RAM usage.

@LtHaus:

Welcome to the forums! Your next post should show up a lot faster than the last two.

If you can get KSP to lock up again, please follow the guidelines in the Stock Support & Bug Reporting Guide. If you're looking through the Player.log yourself, the key word in the error message will be "malloc" (memory allocate).

I'll give it a try but I have never had these issues before. Is this a squad issue potentially?

By looking at the config I can tell you that your settings are way too high. SM3 off, Fallback on, AA off, Terain to low, etc.

Once again I have been playing at the highest settings for a year! I never had any performance problem especially with ATM. Which brings me back to the issue that is it possible that KSP is not optimized for Yosemite.