Even the Germans can be Kerbal

tf58

Some interesting facts about the development of the A-4:

Total costs were about 2 milliard Reichsmark (is there some proper way to translate this? ??? )

This is the money you need for 2700 Tiger Panzer or 8000 Messerschmidt 109g or 10 Bismarck-class battleships.

Also 70000 people worked for the A-4 in full-time jobs.

Imagine what could have been done when all these resources were spent elsewhere in the military! The war would have lasted longer and would have taken far more than the ~20000-30000 victims from the A-4 (in a horrible irony most victims were forced laborers in the production of the rocket).

It is incredibly sad but we can be lucky that the Nazis invented this rocket... :(

PS: It took me a long time to write this as english is not my first language and I hope it doesn\'t sound pro-Nazi in any way.

Milliard is Billion in English, Billiard is Trillion, and so on.

More tanks or fighters wouldn\'t really have prolonged the war-the Nazis didn\'t run out of fighters or tanks, they ran out of fuel for them; and having however many reichsmarks isn\'t going to let you produce them if the factories\' been bombed flat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.