im scared from the Deep Space Kraken

i just read about KSP kraken ( http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Deep_Space_Kraken )

and im totally scared from it , lol , i am really

what i it screw my world so any tutorial or tips i can learn to protect me from that deadly kraken ( from wiki "The Ass Kraken - the worst of them all" ) lol

so anyway :(

Edited by EnderSpace
make unanswered to answered

The Kraken, in its original form, was defeated in an update long ago.

All the other various Krakens are separate and unrelated bugs, and are quite a bit more rare to encounter.

Generally, just don't do anything that would obviously strain the physics engine and you should be fine.

Just don't expose it to light, get it wet or feed it after midnight and I'm sure everything will be just fine...

If you want to be totally protected, just backup your save directory after you clock out of the game. If the Kraken strikes, copy over your new save game with the previous one; you'll lose any progress you've made that day but you'll at least not have to start from scratch. Hell Kraken used to get me all the time and this method helped.

The more mods you use, the more likely you are to encounter a bug. There are bugs in the game, there are bugs in mods, and there are bugs in cooperation between the game and its mods. Many players can't imagine playing KSP without mods but it is good idea to keep them under control and use those which have reliable and active developer team.

iwhat i it screw my world

It happens. All you can do is shrug it off and start over.

While all these other folks have given you good advice about how to avoid the Kraken, the main thing is to not be scared of it. Even following all the good advice above, you'll still meet the Kraken from time to time and sometimes, as in my case here, quicksaving early and often won't save you. So just accept it as inevitable that periodically your game will be ruined in whole or in part.

The reason not to be scared of this, however, is that starting over is pretty routine and will remain so until KSP reaches its final form. While KSP's still in the alpha-beta stage, the frequent game updates will either break your save, break the mods the save relies on, or introduce new features that make you want to start over anyway so you can play with them instead of continuing what you've already got, even if it survives the update. So, because you'll probably be starting over every couple of months anyway, having to start over in between updates due to a Kraken attack really isn't a burden.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.