'Set as target/Switch to' menu not popping up on map view?

I switched to 32-bit today after having the 'right click' issue with 64 bit .24.2: Had to spam right click to get any part menus to pop up, and the game switched left click to act like right click upon exit, all the documented stuff of that bug. Before switching though I noticed a left click issue developing: When I'm controlling one vessel, and try to click on another in the map view to either target it or switch to it, often times the menu giving those options doesn't appear. Switching to 32-bit solved the right click issue, but not this left click issue; I still can't target or switch from ship to ship. The kerbal gods picked an interesting time to prevent ship switching too; I have a 3 ship fleet enroute to duna, so there will need to be some targetting done for rendezvous once I get there, or I'll need to improve my piloting skills dramatically :D

I'm running windows vista and the only mod I have is the latest MechJeb.

I've seen that too. Suggestion: replicate the issue without MJ (if you can) and post in the Stock Support forum.

If you can't, follow the rules in the sticky here and submit the issue to sarbian. That's the only way it could be fixed on MJ side.