[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Just wanted to comment, if you're getting:

[LOG 16:11:12.139] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.201] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.202] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.205] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.206] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.298] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

First off, all of your Vessels in your save are probably corrupt now! So go grab your quicksave.sfs in /ksp/saves, make a copy, delete persistent.sfs and rename your original quicksave.sfs to persistent.sfs. Alternately if you're like me and don't have a quicksave.sfs, you'll have to figure out how to delete all of your vessels from persistent.sfs.

Strange, I had this bug but no savefile corruption. Just commented out the reflections on Gigantor and restarted the game.

Well, this beautiful mod I can't live without is now preventing me from playing also... STILL having issues with docking ports either

A. being stuck together after undocking or decouple function, its fixable but you have to leave scene back to KSC then re-load the ship.

OR

B. Not docking with each other AT ALL! This is the worst part as now I have 3 kerbals stuck in orbit of laythe cause they cant dock with the fuel!!!!!!

also struts and sometimes fule lines are wonky and some other minor issues, but this docking port thing is ANNOYING.

So while I love this mod almost the most out of them all it is REALLY messing up my past couple weeks!

I have also asked twice how to leave the mod alone but put my stock ports back in and no one has answered me.

A. being stuck together after undocking or decouple function, its fixable but you have to leave scene back to KSC then re-load the ship.

I have also asked twice how to leave the mod alone but put my stock ports back in and no one has answered me.

A, do you have KJR installed?

Also, to get your stock ports back, delete the GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Utility\Docking Ports.cfg file.

Yes to A and I tried that and none came back but some AND not all of ven's dissiapeared.

Tried it again only the shielded one the Ven's with the chute built in and the SR. are there I'm missing the standard one and the Jr.

Edited by Ironitaly

Well, this beautiful mod I can't live without is now preventing me from playing also... STILL having issues with docking ports either

OR

B. Not docking with each other AT ALL! This is the worst part as now I have 3 kerbals stuck in orbit of laythe cause they cant dock with the fuel!!!!!!

also struts and sometimes fule lines are wonky and some other minor issues, but this docking port thing is ANNOYING.

So while I love this mod almost the most out of them all it is REALLY messing up my past couple weeks!

Your docking port issues are due to older version of Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, not this mod.

To revert to stock docking ports you need to go to GameData/VensStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Utility and delete the file DockingPorts.cfg

if you have pruned stock parts you need to unprune them

A, Uninstall it (unless you're playing with RSS, it's not really needed) or grab the dev build from ferrams Github. This is a KJR issue, not a SPR one.

2, did you run the VSR_prune batch file as well? If so, run the unprune file, delete that docking ports file and run the pruner again. Also, which of Vens didn't get removed?

Re-read I edited after deleting that file only 3 ports show up. The Sr. the shielded one and ven's chute version of the regular.

I'm missing the regular and the Jr.

Delete what form where please, your on the right track but I want this mod with none of ven's docking ports. pls

Re-read I edited after deleting that file only 3 ports show up. The Sr. the shielded one and ven's chute version of the regular.

So, have you run the VSR_prune file at all? Also, by the sounds of it, you don't have the latest version as the Sr and shielded were both changed in the latest one. Them being unchanged at all means you don't have it. Unprune, delete VenStockRevamp folder, install 1.7.2 from Github, delete that docking ports cfg file I mentioned, then, if you want, prune.

Thank you so If I do what you say will I have everything is the stock revamp minus the docking ports??

Also if it is just KJR do I need to do this at all If I just delete KJR?

I just want docking ports to be reliable and trusted that they will work.

Thank you so If I do what you say will I have everything is the stock revamp minus the docking ports??

Also if it is just KJR do I need to do this at all If I just delete KJR?

I believe so, to the first and to the second, as I said, it's a KJR issue. If you want to be sure to never encounter the undocking problem, uninstall KJR. Them not undocking isn't a problem with this mod, so flidding with pruning and deleting docking ports.cfg won't change the fact that ports will sometimes stick together because that's KJRs fault. It happens with stock ports as well. Deleting KJR won't bring stock ports back, and deleting Vens ports won't make docking ports unstick. Two different mods, two different problems.

Thank you again so them NOT docking is an issue with this mod?? Because that's why I'm stuck in orbit of laythe, I have the shielded one (ven's with the 4 doors) and the Standard (ven's) and they just bump all day I have moved back upwards of 50m and tried over and over even re-loading the game and the scene several times they just wont dock, the magnets are active and there are no parts built near or attached to the docking ports so nothing is getting in the way.

Humble request, can the release on github be renamed to`v1.7.2` (instead of just `1.7.2`)? The CKAN core doesn't expect to see the 'v' at the front disappear.

Many thanks again for all your amazing work!

~ pjf

I've posted some pics about NTR's in Porkjet's NTR thread. Basically, the exhaust temperature is below 500 degrees celsius on low throttle and 1500 on high. Would not glow, and even if would, then very dimly. Why? Because it is cooled in effective high-expansion nozzle. Why chemical rockets have hotter exhaust? Because combustion process is still going on. Especially in atmosphere, when running fuel-rich.

Basically, I think it should look like SSME exhaust minus shock rings.

image23.jpeg

Is it possible to release the version that keeps stock docking ports alongside modded ones? Because I like stock ports as well as new ones. And having different docking systems will make life harder, therefore more real. ;)

Great mod btw! I am really waiting till you release overhauled effects. Your ones are the best and the most realistic around here.

Edited by sashan

Just wanted to comment, if you're getting:

[LOG 16:11:11.996] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:11.999] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.094] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.094] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.134] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.134] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.139] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.201] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[LOG 16:11:12.206] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

First off, all of your Vessels in your save are probably corrupt now! So go grab your quicksave.sfs in /ksp/saves, make a copy, delete persistent.sfs and rename your original quicksave.sfs to persistent.sfs. Alternately if you're like me and don't have a quicksave.sfs, you'll have to figure out how to delete all of your vessels from persistent.sfs.

Then go into /ksp/GameData/VenStockRevamp/ and delete PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg (or just change the file type to .bak or something).

I'm not sure why this is happening but it was a really awful experience for me, ended up losing all of my crafts and spending a couple days trying to resolve. Hope this helps someone.

That's the bug with TR's realtime reflections. You may either use TR 2.2.3 (which breaks other things trying to render reflections, namely makes EVA hatches unclickable and messes with colliders and surface attachment) or switch to static reflections or even disable them completely.

I'm using TR 2.1 without any of the awful bugs that you're describing, and EVA hatches work fine for me. TR 2.1 may be a better rollback version than TR 2.2.3.

That's because TR2.1 didn't have realtime reflections.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.