[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

i agree just have the top fold out cover opposite of the door and it should be fine for everyone

But this:

wdixhIg.gif

I hate to ask this, but why hasn't Squad hired you?

I don't know :confused:

In reality though hiring me would just Complicate the whole asset production process and slow the whole system down, because it isn't easy to get multiple artists (with their different styles, and opinion of styles) to work together and make a cohesive project.

speaking of ugly open ends the gap between the round bottom of the mk1 pod and the round orange top of the revamp'd tanks when there isn't a stack separator is pretty obvious. Would it be possible to get some sort of jettisonable fairing that appears when something is attached to the bottom to fill that in?

Textures on command pods seem to be fudged up. Same issue is on some of the parachutes.

Also, Aluminum Hybrid Rocket from Interstellar as seen on the picture, does not work correctly. (uses stock SRB texture)

8Fw3pTc.png

Edited by Shurikeeen

Textures on command pods seem to be fudged up. Same issue is on some of the parachutes.

Also, Aluminum Hybrid Rocket from Interstellar as seen on the picture, does not work correctly. (uses stock SRB texture)

http://i.imgur.com/8Fw3pTc.png

Two things - you can't have SPR and KSPRC installed at the same time. Easiest way is to remove the folders in TextureReplacer/Default/Squad you don't want - for instance, you have two textures fighting over the Mk1 pod. If you want SPRs texture, remove the relevant folder from TR. If you want KSPRCs, revert the stock pod up with a backup and TR will apply the texture correctly.

Also, that's what the KSPI rocket is, basically - a rescale of the stock SRB. I don't know if the version of KSPI you're using has been updated to 0.25 and therefore fixes the rescaling bug (or rather, workaround for a previous bug) but yeah.. That's what's happening - KSPI is using the SRBs texture because that's what it's always done.

http://i.imgur.com/8Fw3pTc.png

Nope, that is because you are using KSPRC and SPR. The textures from KSPRC are intended for the stock pods, but Ven's Stock Part Revamp replaces the original models, so the KSPRC textures (via texture replacer) don't fit on Ven's parts.

If you prefer this models you should delete the corresponding folders in GameData\TextureReplacer\Default\Squad\Parts\Command

Could we have an engine ring on the Skipper and Service Engine? I like the engines, but the way the Skipper just clips into the tank isn't great IMO, and the adapter method (mentioned earlier) for the engines leaves a gap in the fairings. I'd really like to have these engines be 2.5m again. Thanks for your consideration :)

Edited by RyanRising
Apparently Horizontal Line is not strikethrough.

Hey Nathan - I'm using the latest version of your patch but am still seeing a lot of incorrect and missing textures in SXT. This is from a clean test install with only ModuleManager, Ven's Revamp, SXT and your patch installed:

O42qpd9.png

There ought to be a proper version number for each update, shown in the thread title, so that we know when there's an update.

Here is a list of suggestions for the next updates:

Kerbodyne S3-7200 Tank

Model after the S-II Stage fuel tank of the Saturn V

Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tank

Model after S-IC Stage Fuel tank of Saturn V.

LFB KR-1x2

Repurpose current Mainsail model onto this.

Rockomax "Mainsail" Liquid Fuel Engine

Redesign after the RS-68 Engine.

You might think to yourself "But.. The Mainsail is a fuel-gobbling mainiac of an engine! Why model it after an engine as efficient as that?" Well, the answer is that it's not that anymore. In 0.24, the Mainsail was considerably buffed. It now has a higher Isp both in sea level and in vacuum. It would also allow building of the Delta IV series of rockets in scale, because the Delta IV is diameter 5 meters, which is approximately scaled down to 2.5 meters.

Rockomax "Skipper" liquid Fuel Engine

Redesign after some kind of twin-nozzle engine for launch stages (Think Titan-II)

Kerbodyne KR-2L Liquid Fuel Engine

I think it's obvious now that we don't have an F-1 that the KR-2L is what needs to be the F-1. It already looks like an F-1, so it makes sense. Honestly, I'd also include an optional config file to lower the vacuum efficiency of the KR-2L.

Kerbodyne KS-25 x4

This huge gigantic base of badness and stuff will not do! Here's my suggestion: Make a new part that is the base adaptor+fuel tank for the KS-25 engines, make the KS-25 engines separate 1.25m engines, and make the current Kerbodyne KS-25 x5 into a...

Kerbodyne LV-X30 x8

...cluster that represents a Saturn IB base.

Kerbodyne KR-1V Liquid Fuel Engine

A new high-vacuum efficiency engine with lower thrust, repurpose current Skipper model.

Edited by GregroxMun

THIS WOULD BE SEPARATE FROM THE BASIC STOCK REVAMP

The idea of this concept is that it would support 6.4:1 scale stock system (either 6.4x or 64K mod). First: It would change the diameter of the 3.75m standard parts to 4.224m, and add 6.4m parts. This would essentially standardize the scale so that 64% real scale planets and 64% real scale rockets.

There would be several size standards:

Some Small and Medium rocket engines are compatible, and some Jumbo and Large rocket engines are compatible.

0.625m (Size 0 or "Tiny")

Probe parts and other small utilities.

1.25m (Size 1 or "Small")

Mercury-Redstone, Juno and Jupiter rockets, and other small orbital rocket diameters.

1.875m (Size 1.5 or "Medium")

Gemini Capsule, Soyuz Capsule, and Soyuz/Sputnik/R7 Boosters and core stage.

2.5m (Size 2 or "Large")

Titan-II Rocket, Apollo C/SM, Atlas V Rocket, etc.

3.2m (Size 3 or "Jumbo")

Orion Capsule, Delta-IV Rocket, etc

4.224m (Size 4 or "Extra-Large")

Saturn IB, Saturn V S-IVB stage

6.4m (Size 5 or "Gigantic")

Space Launch System, Saturn V S-II and S-IC stages

Primary manufacturers for each type of part

Probodobodyne Inc.: Tiny parts and utilities, Tiny Rocket parts.

Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spaceship Parts Co.: Small and Medium Rocket Parts, Small utilities and structural parts.

Kermolev Design Bureau: Medium Rocket Parts and structural parts.

Rockomax Conglomerate: Large and Jumbo Rocket Parts and structural parts.

Astrojet: Extra Large and Gigantic structural parts.

Kerbodyne: Extra Large Rocket Parts and Gigantic rocket parts.

STEADLER Engineering Corps.: Reaction Wheels, Control Systems, and utilities for all sizes.

C7 Aerospace: Holds monopoly on almost all aircraft/spaceplane parts.

Dinklestein Kerman's Construction Emporium: Miscellaneous structural parts.

Maxo Construction Toys: Miscellaneous structural parts.

O.M.B. Demolition Enterprises: Decouplers of all sizes.

Zaltonic Electronics: Batteries of all sizes.

Kerlington Model Rockets and Paper Products Inc.: All manned capsules

Research and Development: Some modifications of already-manufactured parts to new purposes. For instance: Kerbodyne tank into XL Hitchhiker Storage Container, for instance.

Some companies have made joint projects.

Rockomax Conglomerate and C7 Aerospace: RAPIER Engines

Probodobodyne and Rockomax Conglomerate: RGU-XL Probe Core

Etc.

The LFB would be a 4.22m part now, and the KS-25 4x base would be a 6.4m part, while the KS-25 engines themselves would be a 2.5m part.

Edited by GregroxMun

Greg, I'll just leave this here:

I really hope Ven keeps this mindset.

That's why I separated the second idea as another mod concept.

There ought to be a proper version number for each update, shown in the thread title, so that we know when there's an update.

Here is a list of suggestions for the next updates:

Kerbodyne S3-7200 Tank

Model after the S-II Stage fuel tank of the Saturn V

Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tank

Model after S-IC Stage Fuel tank of Saturn V.

LFB KR-1x2

Repurpose current Mainsail model onto this.

Rockomax "Mainsail" Liquid Fuel Engine

Redesign after the RS-68 Engine.

You might think to yourself "But.. The Mainsail is a fuel-gobbling mainiac of an engine! Why model it after an engine as efficient as that?" Well, the answer is that it's not that anymore. In 0.24, the Mainsail was considerably buffed. It now has a higher Isp both in sea level and in vacuum. It would also allow building of the Delta IV series of rockets in scale, because the Delta IV is diameter 5 meters, which is approximately scaled down to 2.5 meters.

Rockomax "Skipper" liquid Fuel Engine

Redesign after some kind of twin-nozzle engine for launch stages (Think Titan-II)

Kerbodyne KR-2L Liquid Fuel Engine

I think it's obvious now that we don't have an F-1 that the KR-2L is what needs to be the F-1. It already looks like an F-1, so it makes sense. Honestly, I'd also include an optional config file to lower the vacuum efficiency of the KR-2L.

Kerbodyne KS-25 x4

This huge gigantic base of badness and stuff will not do! Here's my suggestion: Make a new part that is the base adaptor+fuel tank for the KS-25 engines, make the KS-25 engines separate 1.25m engines, and make the current Kerbodyne KS-25 x5 into a...

Kerbodyne LV-X30 x8

...cluster that represents a Saturn IB base.

Kerbodyne KR-1V Liquid Fuel Engine

A new high-vacuum efficiency engine with lower thrust, repurpose current Skipper model.

The first idea could be done just fine while keeping the same proportions. Changing the KS-25 4x to a LV-X30 8x cluster would be an aesthetic change only.

Also, THIS:

nvmRESs.png

You forgot the big thing that the sky people put on it that makes the sky house cool because another thing broke off when it first left the ground! That, and the one of the big glass sun-powered things broke and the other didn't move (because of the bad thing that happened when it left the ground) which meant that Sky House couldn't run at full power.

You forgot the big thing that the sky people put on it that makes the sky house cool because another thing broke off when it first left the ground! That, and the one of the big glass sun-powered things broke and the other didn't move (because of the bad thing that happened when it left the ground) which meant that Sky House couldn't run at full power.

Cool. That's actually within the top ten hundred most used words! Interested-In-Space-Animal-Space-Game, did you use the up-goer five word thing?

I've done a litlle rough config to fix the incorrect textures when using this along BTSM.

Paste this in a .cfg file in your GameData folder:

@PART[BTSM*:HAS[@MODEL:HAS[#model[Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200*]]]]:FINAL
{
@MODEL:HAS[#model[Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200*]]
{
texture = model000, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-32/model000
texture = model001, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-32/model001
}
}

@PART[BTSM*:HAS[@MODEL:HAS[#model[Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSFuelTankR10*]]]]:FINAL
{
@MODEL:HAS[#model[Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSFuelTankR10*]]
{
texture = model000, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSFuelTankR25/model000
texture = model001, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSFuelTankR25/model001
}
}

@PART[BTSM*:HAS[@MODEL:HAS[#model[Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCS?ankRadial*]]]]:FINAL
{
@MODEL:HAS[#model[Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCS?ankRadial*]]
{
texture = model000, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSFuelTankR25/model000
}
}

@PART[BTSM*:HAS[@MODEL:HAS[#model[Squad/Parts/Structural/structural*]]]]:FINAL
{
@MODEL:HAS[#model[Squad/Parts/Structural/structural*]]
{
texture = model000, Squad/Parts/Structural/structuralPanel2x2/model000
texture = model001, Squad/Parts/Structural/structuralPanel2x2/model001
}
}

@PART[BTSM*:HAS[@MODEL:HAS[#model[Squad/Parts/Structural/truss*]]]]:FINAL
{
@MODEL:HAS[#model[Squad/Parts/Structural/truss*]]
{
texture = model000, Squad/Parts/Structural/structuralPanel2x2/model000
texture = model001, Squad/Parts/Structural/structuralPanel2x2/model001
}
}

@PART[BTSM*:HAS[@MODEL:HAS[#model[Squad/Parts/Utility/decouplerStackTR-2*]]]]:FINAL
{
@MODEL:HAS[#model[Squad/Parts/Utility/decouplerStackTR-2*]]
{
texture = model000, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankOscarB/model000
texture = model001, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankOscarB/model001
}
}

@PART[BTSMCockpit2]:FINAL
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
animationName = MK1Light
startEventGUIName = Lights On
endEventGUIName = Lights Off
}
}

Thought I'd share :)

That patch? It is now updated to work (same link, still in OP). Sorry about that.

As to how to use: Download it and read the readme (merge GameData with GameData, same as any other mod).

Ven: I hate to bump this, but I wondered if you had thoughts on my re/question regarding the LV-909 here, and the potential of having a version without the toroidal tank welded on...

Ven: I hate to bump this, but I wondered if you had thoughts on my re/question regarding the LV-909 here, and the potential of having a version without the toroidal tank welded on...

Yes, and what about the possibility of removing the mounting plates from ALL engines and the totesnotatankbutt from the Skipper? (as an alternate patch I mean.)

Edited by GregroxMun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.